Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a dog that was

4 posters

Go down

What a dog that was Empty What a dog that was

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:54 pm

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/1844640/report-amitabh-bachchan-s-dog-shanouk-passes-away

Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan's pet dog, a Piranha Dane, Shanouk, passed away today

Shanouk had been gifted to Abhishek Bachchan by his father, seven years ago on his birthday. Both father and son paid their respects on a social networking website. The family were extremely attached to their pet and Shanouk would often sleep on Abhishek's bed. Amitabh Bachchan had recently posted on the social networking website about Shanouk being unwell.

What a dog that was 1845168

What a dog that was 277568,xcitefun-amitabh-bachchan-dog-3

What a dog that was Amitabh-bachchan-dog-shanouk

Back to top Go down

What a dog that was Empty Re: What a dog that was

Post by Rishi Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:23 pm

This dog lasted only for 7 years?

I had a dog for 15 years.

It was a mutt.

When I was taking a walk near my workplace, I saw a guy with the dog. He said he found him on the street and was going to take him to the animal shelter. I knew his chances of getting adopted was slim and was most likely to be put to sleep.

Something got into me. I said I will take him home.

The vet guessed the age to be about 2 years when I got him.

After 15 years, he became blind, sick and could not walk anymore. Had to euthanize.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Rishi, unless you are trolling here, I do think you have live/have been living your life well. No matter what the topic is, you always have an uncommonish personal anecdote related to it.

clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Rishi, unless you are trolling here, I do think you have live/have been living your life well. No matter what the topic is, you always have an uncommonish personal anecdote related to it.

What a dog that was 459784477

VB,

We always had dogs in India as well. My first dog in India was a German Shepard (they used to call them Alsation). We called them Dilip. He was ferotious. The next dog was a Dachsund. We called him Bhooty. It was the time when the Pakistani leader Bhutto talked about the "Indian Dogs." We wanted to name the dog after him. It was a She and was named "Bhooty".

In the United States, I had two dogs before.

The third dog I have now is also something I got from a rescue league. She is small and muscular. People say that she has some pit bull in her. But she is very gentle and friendly with other dogs and human beings as well. She likes going for long walks. In the apartment community I live now, there are lots of people with dogs. So she gets to meet and play with other dogs. On the weekends, I take her to the dog park where people bring their dogs and let them play.

She does not like cats though.

She eats everything. DRy dog food, Pizza, Yogurt rice, bread and cereal with milk, banana. But strawberries and grapes are no no. She gets sick with those.

I am not going to reveal too much about other aspects of my life. But I could not help talking about my dogs.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Rishi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Rishi, unless you are trolling here, I do think you have live/have been living your life well. No matter what the topic is, you always have an uncommonish personal anecdote related to it.

VB,

We always had dogs in India as well. My first dog in India was a German Shepard (they used to call them Alsation). We called them Dilip. He was ferotious. The next dog was a Dachsund. We called him Bhooty. It was the time when the Pakistani leader Bhutto talked about the "Indian Dogs." We wanted to name the dog after him. It was a She and was named "Bhooty".

In the United States, I had two dogs before.

The third dog I have now is also something I got from a rescue league. She is small and muscular. People say that she has some pit bull in her. But she is very gentle and friendly with other dogs and human beings as well. She likes going for long walks. In the apartment community I live now, there are lots of people with dogs. So she gets to meet and play with other dogs. On the weekends, I take her to the dog park where people bring their dogs and let them play.

She does not like cats though.

She eats everything. DRy dog food, Pizza, Yogurt rice, bread and cereal with milk, banana. But strawberries and grapes are no no. She gets sick with those.

I am not going to reveal too much about other aspects of my life. But I could not help talking about my dogs.

thanks rishi, that was a cute post. speciall Bhooty, and the varied dog diet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:32 pm

I am not much of a pet lover. While growing up we had many dogs in our village house - most of it were collared and were freely roaming. One dog was in love with our Dad and he/she wouldn't eat unless it is fed by him. I tried to feed him some water when my dad was away for a week, but failed. After that my dad used to take him whenever he traveled. My sister named a dog "Rahul" - the white tiny fashionable one in those days - coz she didn't like Rahul Gandhi.

lol at bhooty.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:35 pm

i too enjoyed reading rishi's dog post.

what is a piranha dane? that just looks like a regular great dane to me. they are THE shortest living breed of dog.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:55 pm

Rishi wrote:

VB,

>>>When you called out to her, would that have been a 'booty call'? Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum