Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cricket Madness

5 posters

Go down

Cricket Madness Empty Cricket Madness

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Apart from waking up in the wee hours of morning and sacrificing his sleep in order to watch cricket, hubby places the ipad outside of the shower cubicle and watches it through the glass door while taking his shower. No, he can't miss even 10-15 mins of cricket. If that's not extreme addiction, then what is? Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Cricket Madness Empty Re: Cricket Madness

Post by nevada Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:24 pm

At least he is not skipping the shower altogether Smile

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:36 pm

cricket madness aside. Daughter used to do that. That is, to keep iPad outside shower stall to watch all those stupid youtubers. Worse, she would raise the volume very high so that she could hear well. This would have been alright, except that she uses my bathroom. Which meant loud noises at 5:30 am for me, inspite of her knowing how finicky I am about my sleep, and what a light sleeper I am. Initially I would pick up anything and throw on the bathroom door to make her stop. But that didn't work long term, also telling her later didn't work either. She would stop for maybe 4-5 days, and do it again thinking this time the volume is low enough. One day, I barged in the bathroom (our lock doesn't work), and took the iPad away. Also grounded her from it for a full day.

She doesn't do that anymore. Atleast has not done it in past 3-4 months. Not even when I am not sleeping there. I also scared her about too much steam/humidity on the iPad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:50 pm

nenu wrote:Apart from waking up in the wee hours of morning and sacrificing his sleep in order to watch cricket, hubby places the ipad outside of the shower cubicle and watches it through the glass door while taking his shower. No, he can't miss even 10-15 mins of cricket. If that's not extreme addiction, then what is? Evil or Very Mad

>>> Its like my dad, except I don't think the shower setup in India is conducive to the scenario you are describing. He loses track of everything else when a game is on. The irony is that he had played soccer when he was growing up. My brother thinks he got hooked on to cricket when Vinoo Mankad and Pankaj Roy had their record partnership. This must have been when my brother was a kid himself. So, this must have been a pretty big deal for him to remember this.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:52 pm

One of my desi-colleagues remembers fondly how his dad's last words on deathbed in a hospital were, "What's the score?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Kris wrote:
nenu wrote:Apart from waking up in the wee hours of morning and sacrificing his sleep in order to watch cricket, hubby places the ipad outside of the shower cubicle and watches it through the glass door while taking his shower. No, he can't miss even 10-15 mins of cricket. If that's not extreme addiction, then what is? Evil or Very Mad

>>> Its like my dad, except I don't think the shower setup in India is conducive to the scenario you are describing. He loses track of everything else when a game is on. The irony is that he had played soccer when he was growing up. My brother thinks he got hooked on to cricket when Vinoo Mankad and Pankaj Roy had their record partnership.  This must have been when my brother was a kid himself. So, this must have been a pretty big deal for him to remember this.

>>>Damn, just looked it up. The famous 413- run partnership was in 1956. He has been at this for 57 years(!).

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Kris wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>> Its like my dad, except I don't think the shower setup in India is conducive to the scenario you are describing. He loses track of everything else when a game is on. The irony is that he had played soccer when he was growing up. My brother thinks he got hooked on to cricket when Vinoo Mankad and Pankaj Roy had their record partnership.  This must have been when my brother was a kid himself. So, this must have been a pretty big deal for him to remember this.

>>>Damn, just looked it up. The famous 413- run partnership was in 1956. He has been at this for 57 years(!).

*innocent question, no ulterior motive*

what's the age diff between your bro you mentioned above and you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Kris wrote:
Kris wrote:

*innocent question, no ulterior motive*

what's the age diff between your bro you mentioned above and you?

His elder brother is 46 years younger than to me....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:50 pm

You should be glad that it's a not a test match series Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:08 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

You should be glad that it's a not a test match series Razz

I wont blame Mr. Nenu..after all, it is almost like a tonty-tonty tournament so far.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:35 pm

all guys are the same...friday night we had friends over and they stayed overnight - we must've slept 2ish and DH and this friend were up at 3!

LOL @ ipad by the shower

i really wish we could have music system in bathrooms here.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down