Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delhi Airport - Voted World's second Best

+4
Hellsangel
Merlot Daruwala
Captain Bhankas
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
8 posters

Go down

Delhi Airport - Voted World's second Best Empty Delhi Airport - Voted World's second Best

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:33 am

...Finally an airport that is World Class....yet with a great Indian tradition in tact.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Delhi Airport - Voted World's second Best Empty Re: Delhi Airport - Voted World's second Best

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:12 am

but this airport is truly awesome. i almost broke into mere des ki dhartiiiiii with moist eyes the moment i was at terminal 2 two years ago.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Delhi Airport - Voted World's second Best Empty Re: Delhi Airport - Voted World's second Best

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:18 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:but this airport is truly awesome. i almost broke into mere des ki dhartiiiiii with moist eyes the moment i was at terminal 2 two years ago.

Shush Captain. Don't say anything to burst Upps Aunty's bubble. What makes her break into mere videsh ki dhartiiii with moist eyes is some flooding / terrorist attacks / riots / stampedes / pestilence and general loss of life in India.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:25 am

have you been there after they rebuilt it, MD? i was impressed by the cleanliness, ample space, duty-free choices, food court and overall high standard. mumbai fades in comparison perhaps because they simply don't have enough land.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:33 am

Yup. I was there in the first week after it opened, the Domestic Arrivals as well as International Departures. They had a nice streamlined system even outside, with separate lanes for taxis, pick-ups and so on, and being early days, every one was perplexed and feeling lost.

It was all very very impressive, but I was deeply suspicious about how long it would last that way. But at least the domestic terminals continue to be one of the best in the country; not sure how the international terminal fared - I havent been there ever since.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:07 am

i traveled domestic with a gap of 6 months two year ago and i found it in excellent shape both the times. i hope they have maintained it.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:29 am

It's a really good airport.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:42 am

the international terminal was very nice and convenient except for the weird arrangement they had for making local calls using the public phones.

world's second best? in what?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:39 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
...Finally an airport that is World Class....yet with a great Indian tradition in tact.

Soo.. disappointed. I was expecting pictures of colorful stains all over the walls from traditional paan spitting.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:33 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Soo.. disappointed. I was expecting pictures of colorful stains all over the walls from traditional paan spitting.

Please give it time...The Airport is still in its honeymoon. OTOH, it may stay clean for a while longer - bcz it is the capital and politicians and govt have some an interest in keeping it clean. Anyway, Indians love to buy new but dont believe in maintenance... If you dont believe me.....just look around when you visit next time.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 pm

I can't believe SuCher's attitude on this one.

Something about India, that too NorthIndia being said as nice and people nod in unision?

What's wrong with SuChers? Where's Max, JM and team?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by yogi Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Delhi Airport - Voted World's second Best Delhi_airport_flooded2

Delhi Airport - Voted World's second Best Delhiairport_water_166

Delhi Airport - Voted World's second Best Delhi_airport_flooded

Ironically the water logging in Delhi airport happened the same day it was adjudged the 2nd best airport.
yogi
yogi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Coz of monsoons, i was debating if i should book the tix via mumbai or delhi. wanted to choose delhi, but hesitated as i am much more used to mumbai. glad i booked mumbai. now mumbai and mumbaikars will need to behave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Coz of monsoons, i was debating if i should book the tix via mumbai or delhi. wanted to choose delhi, but hesitated as i am much more used to mumbai. glad i booked mumbai. now mumbai and mumbaikars will need to behave.

Sheer unluck... Delhi did not have any monsoon rains for the last 300 years and one cannot blame the engineers/officials to take that "possibility".

Kudos to the planners for ensuring there was no sewage all over airport....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Coz of monsoons, i was debating if i should book the tix via mumbai or delhi. wanted to choose delhi, but hesitated as i am much more used to mumbai. glad i booked mumbai. now mumbai and mumbaikars will need to behave.

Nice! So SouthIndians are off the hook.

southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down