Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponniyin Selvan's dream has come true

+5
goodcitizn
Hellsangel
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Petrichor
Rishi
9 posters

Go down

Ponniyin Selvan's dream has come true Empty Ponniyin Selvan's dream has come true

Post by Rishi Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:56 am

One of my distant relatives, a couple who are very orthodox. They observe rituals like "madi", "patthu" etc.

They have two grand daughters.

The eldest one has married a dalit.
The younger one has married a Tamil Christian.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Ponniyin Selvan's dream has come true Empty Re: Ponniyin Selvan's dream has come true

Post by Petrichor Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:05 pm

Long before Atul Gawande wrote about checklists and hand-washing habits at hospitals, when half-neanderthals and barely humans walked around carrying biomes of germs, microbes and taking dips in flowing waters was the closest thing to purell, some empiricists discovered that in matters of life and death, segregational policies was a sure-fire way to get those pesky Y-chromosomal mutants passed on to progeny.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Ponniyin Selvan's dream has come true Empty Re: Ponniyin Selvan's dream has come true

Post by Rishi Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:Long before Atul Gawande wrote about checklists and hand-washing habits at hospitals, when half-neanderthals and barely humans walked around carrying biomes of germs, microbes and taking dips in flowing waters was the closest thing to purell, some empiricists discovered that in matters of life and death, segregational policies was a sure-fire way to get those pesky Y-chromosomal mutants passed on to progeny.

Actually, the dangerous alliance here is the Brahmin girl marrying the Tamil Christian fellow even if his forefathers were Brahmins.

He will be putting emotional pressure on his wife to convert not only her parents but also her grand parents.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:44 pm

Rishi wrote:
Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:Long before Atul Gawande wrote about checklists and hand-washing habits at hospitals, when half-neanderthals and barely humans walked around carrying biomes of germs, microbes and taking dips in flowing waters was the closest thing to purell, some empiricists discovered that in matters of life and death, segregational policies was a sure-fire way to get those pesky Y-chromosomal mutants passed on to progeny.

Actually, the dangerous alliance here is the Brahmin girl marrying the Tamil Christian fellow even if his forefathers were Brahmins.

He will be putting emotional pressure on his wife to convert not only her parents but also her grand parents.

Just wait for 20 years.... Modi ji would have converted Jesus into EsaEswaran and there will be temples everywhere. Lord EsaEswaran will be worshipped and pujas done using Sanskritized bible.

Problem of conversion solved...once and for all.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Sevaji has a different take on this.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Nicene Creed welcomes you. Please enjoy your stay!

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Psst ... who is Ponniyin Selvan?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:42 am

the indian govt has declared 100% reservations for OBCs?
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:00 am

[quote="Rishi"]One of my distant relatives, a couple who are very orthodox. They observe  rituals like "madi", "patthu" etc.

They have two  grand daughters.

[/quote]

If they are adults of legal age and want to marry each other, i don't think there is anything another person can do. I support them. Inter caste and religious weddings have become common place in cities like Chennai and now creeping into villages where there is some trouble. Otherwise this is no big deal and if it helps you, it is definitely not my dream that your relatives' grand daughters marry a Dalit/Christian. Let us wish that they have a happy married life.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:38 am

Rishi wrote:One of my distant relatives, a couple who are very orthodox. They observe  rituals like "madi", "patthu" etc.

They have two  grand daughters.

From your description it appears that they're two generations removed from rituals like "madi", "patthu". BTW, PS's dream will come true when one of close relatives marry a Dalit or a Tamil Kishtian.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:17 am

"Tamil Kishtian".."The most dangerous thing is to marry Tamil Christians..they will brain wash you, your parents, grandparents..great grandparents and who knows what else".."Nicene Creed welcomes you"..

I know, I know..it's all intended to be so hilarious and I should laugh and keep going!  It's a free world..keep them coming:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down