Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

puppy pics

+11
Merlot Daruwala
Captain Bhankas
seven
Nila
Impedimenta
goodcitizn
Bittu
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Jebediah Mburuburu
iTEDx
MaxEntropy_Man
15 posters

Go down

puppy pics Empty puppy pics

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:32 am

as promised.
puppy pics Coco-o12
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

puppy pics Empty Re: puppy pics

Post by iTEDx Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:56 am

Incredibly cute!

iTEDx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:05 am

Adorable!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:12 am

thanks. she looks nice.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:19 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:as promised.
puppy pics Coco-o12
Very cute.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:25 am

I have seen worse but this is one really bad picture. My first digital camera from the 1990s could do better.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:32 am

Bittu wrote:I have seen worse but this is one really bad picture. My first digital camera from the 1990s could do better.

my daughter took the picture from her ipad camera. i don't think she was going for professional quality.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:36 am

thank you! it's been an amazing week. she has settled in nicely. the change from a tentative puppy who was very unsure of herself and trembling when we first met her, not knowing what to expect, to a bouncy little thing that tears around the house in under a week is something to behold. she never barks except when she is chasing my younger daughter around the house.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:41 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Bittu wrote:I have seen worse but this is one really bad picture. My first digital camera from the 1990s could do better.

my daughter took the picture from her ipad camera. i don't think she was going for professional quality.

shitty pic is one extreme. professional quality pic is the other extreme. Most people will settle for something in between. This picture is a shitty one. If I were you, I would step in and take a better picture with ANY point-and-shoot camera including ipad before uploading it for others to view.

You are showcasing your new, incredibly cute puppy. The least you could do is upload a decent picture of it.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Bittu wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Bittu of life wrote:I have seen worse but this is one really bad picture. My first digital camera from the 1990s could do better.

shitty pic is one extreme. professional quality pic is the other extreme. Most people will settle for something in between. This picture is a shitty one. If I were you, I would step in and take a better picture with ANY point-and-shoot camera including ipad before uploading it for others to view.

You are showcasing your new, incredibly cute puppy. The least you could do is upload a decent picture of it.
bittu singh fobby, you sound idiotic. to many people, it's far more important to capture a unique moment in a picture than to take a technically superior photograph. by the time one "steps" in, the moment would have passed; and by stepping in, one would have deprived a child of the pleasure of taking a photograph of her puppy herself.

this is not anything like a "showcase," publicity photograph of, for instance, you sitting on the hood of a red bmw, that you sent to all your relatives in chandigarh some years ago, and posted here. this, otoh, is one of the pleasures of life. that you are incapable of appreciating it is tragic.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:53 pm

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:
bittu singh fobby, you sound idiotic. to many people, it's far more important to capture a unique moment in a picture than to take a technically superior photograph. by the time one "steps" in, the moment would have passed; and by stepping in, one would have deprived a child of the pleasure of taking a photograph of her puppy herself.

this is not anything like a "showcase," publicity photograph of, for instance, you sitting on the hood of a red bmw, that you sent to all your relatives in chandigarh some years ago, and posted here. this, otoh, is one of the pleasures of life. that you are incapable of appreciating it is tragic.

That "unique moment" is as unique as you struggling with hyphens. That puppy will strike that "unique pose" 200 times a day. A college Principal handing a degree to a graduating student is a unique moment. A puppy looking at a camera is not. I hope you can understand the difference.

Max's child shouldn't be deprived of taking the picture. She can take all the pictures she wants but that doesn't mean those pictures should be uploaded for us to view. "My child took the picture" is a poor excuse, along the lines of "the dog ate my homework". Not cool. Let the child take as many pictures as she wants. The adult needs to upload a decent picture for all and sundry to view. Nobody really cares who took the picture.

There has never been a picture of me sitting on the hood of a red bmw. This has been a figment of your imagination for the past decade and I feel sorry for you.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:08 pm

taking pictures isn't my thing at all. i know very little and have not much interest in the newest photography gizmo. we take lots of pictures of everyday moments with the puppy mostly with a point and shoot canon camera (can't even remember the model #) and with the camera on the ipad. really wasn't thinking much about picture quality when i uploaded that pic. she had just been combed down after a coconut oil rub, was looking like she was up to no good, and my daughter snapped this and sent it to me at work.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:11 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:taking pictures isn't my thing at all. i know very little and have not much interest in the newest photography gizmo. we take lots of pictures of everyday moments with the puppy mostly with a point and shoot canon camera (can't even remember the model #) and with the camera on the ipad. really wasn't thinking much about picture quality when i uploaded that pic. she had just been combed down after a coconut oil rub, was looking like she was up to no good, and my daughter snapped this and sent it to me at work.

what the what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:12 pm

hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha @ jerji. brown nosing to il professore. how moronic ironic.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
what the what?

our vet told us it was very good for her skin and fur and helps with ticks and things. http://dogingtonpost.com/benefits-of-coconut-oil-for-dogs/#.Uch-QOtQ1YQ
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:57 pm

What's the breed of the dog, Max? Did you get it at a shelter or a pet store?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:47 pm

she's a coton de tulear, a hypo allergenic dog. she came from a breeder.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:53 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:she's a coton de tulear, a hypo allergenic dog. she came from a breeder.

she's a sweetheart... do a photo session for her while she's still a puppy...

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:34 pm

Beautiful pup! I am sure she brings a new wave of joy around the household.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
she's a sweetheart... do a photo session for her while she's still a puppy...

Yeah. I'm sure Vidya will find you a Groupon deal for this.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:48 pm

what a cutie, max!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Looks like a cat to me. My eyelids are so damn heavy...never mind with my comment. Will look into this later.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Nila wrote:Looks like a cat to me. My eyelids are so damn heavy...never mind with my comment. Will look into this later.

lol!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:19 pm

I absolutely love the little tilt of head that little puppies do, with their ears perked, whenever they hear a new or strange sound the first time. I think that's what this little isabella is doing in the pic too.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:04 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:I absolutely love the little tilt of head that little puppies do, with their ears perked, whenever they hear a new or strange sound the first time. I think that's what this little isabella is doing in the pic too.

right on!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Impedimenta wrote:what a cutie, max!

she thanks you. just came home to a shower of puppy slobber.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:31 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

don't make it a habit, unless u love it... she will continue doing that for life... dogs don't really 'grow old'.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:07 pm

pls tell me she's named mahacute in typical SI manner krishnapriya, shanthipriya, vijayalaksmi 
joked apart - she's adorable. very photogenic :heart

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:26 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:she's a coton de tulear, a hypo allergenic dog. she came from a breeder.

Hypoallergenic simply means less allergic not allergy-proof. My aunt is allergic to my niece's coton.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:54 am

Bittu wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Bittu of life wrote:I have seen worse but this is one really bad picture. My first digital camera from the 1990s could do better.

see ## below

## MEM does not need your asinine defense for he is capable of defending his own post;
## access denied!
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:31 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
see ## below

## MEM does not need your asinine defense for he is capable of defending his own post;
## access denied!

rofl

Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:33 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:as promised.
puppy pics Coco-o12

>>>Cute dog.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:42 am

Bittu wrote:

That "unique moment" is as unique as you struggling with hyphens. That puppy will strike that "unique pose" 200 times a day. A college Principal handing a degree to a graduating student is a unique moment. A puppy looking at a camera is not. I hope you can understand the difference.

Max's child shouldn't be deprived of taking the picture. She can take all the pictures she wants but that doesn't mean those pictures should be uploaded for us to view. "My child took the picture" is a poor excuse, along the lines of "the dog ate my homework". Not cool. Let the child take as many pictures as she wants. The adult needs to upload a decent picture for all and sundry to view. Nobody really cares who took the picture.

There has never been a picture of me sitting on the hood of a red bmw. This has been a figment of your imagination for the past decade and I feel sorry for you.

your argument is shallow, and that of a technician, not of someone who understands the art of photography.

the uniqueness of the moment depends, to a considerable extent, on the photographer's history and the experience that led to the photograph. if the photographer had returned home from a weekend on cape cod, frolicking on the beach with her puppy and her family, and the puppy, just before being photographed, had been appealing to her for more attention, that's an entirely different moment than coming home from school and sitting at her desk, and having milk and cookies, prompting the puppy to want some too.

every moment is different because of the passage time and the photographer's subjective experience, not because of the angle of tilt of a puppy's head. 

your technician's point of view comes as no surprise to anyone who has observed you, for after all, you'd rather penetrate a disembodied vagina, technically engaging in copulation - in reality, importune the faceless women of sulekha/such for unattainable sex - than make love with a real, whole woman.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:06 am

Bittu wrote:

your argument is shallow, and that of a technician, not of someone who understands the art of photography.

the uniqueness of the moment depends, to a considerable extent, on the photographer's history and the experience that led to the photograph. if the photographer had returned home from a weekend on cape cod, frolicking on the beach with her puppy and her family, and the puppy, just before being photographed, had been appealing to her for more attention, that's an entirely different moment than coming home from school and sitting at her desk, and having milk and cookies, prompting the puppy to want some too.

every moment is different because of the passage time and the photographer's subjective experience, not because of the angle of tilt of a puppy's head. 

your technician's point of view comes as no surprise to anyone who has observed you, for after all, you'd rather penetrate a disembodied vagina, technically engaging in copulation - in reality, importune the faceless women of sulekha/such for unattainable sex - than make love with a real, whole woman.

JM, agree Bittu had pulled your Veshti down in previous post.

Go buy a Pattu Pavadai this time from here (http://thirubuvanamsilks.com/dhothi.html).
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

awww....i sorta grew up competing for my mother's affection with a puppy so not really warming up to the idea of a pet dog yet:-) but she does look uber cute.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:59 am

Il Professore, the last time you were so gaga was over the technology in your Acura. How long did that last?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:00 am

Hellsangel wrote:Il Professore, the last time you were so gaga was over the technology in your Acura. How long did that last?

still love my TL.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Awwww it's so cute, Jebby.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Il Professore, the last time you were so gaga was over the technology in your Acura. How long did that last?
hahaha @"gaga over"! trite phrase often used by indian college girls trying to leave behenjeedom behind. you an indian college girl?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Oppsy...sorry my eyelids are still heavy. I read puppy pics as jebby pics. LOL

Thangala!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:03 pm

hahaha @"gaga over"! trite phrase often used by indian college girls trying to leave behenjeedom behind. you an indian college girl?

Paavam Achachan, acting all cool like he knows the language of Indian college girls. Living all alone for so long has made you delusion, poor Achachan. You should consult the dictionary more often.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Paavam Achachan, acting all cool like he knows the language of Indian college girls. Living all alone for so long has made you delusion, poor Achachan. You should consult the dictionary more often.
hahaha @"paavam" and "all cool"! is this lesbian-speak?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:21 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Poor Achachan, evvvveryone know you are a scrawny, scraggly old man, making yourself feel better on anonymous (not so anonymous for you, I'm afraid) forums. Please keep trying.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:41 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Poor Achachan, evvvveryone know you are a scrawny, scraggly old man, making yourself feel better on anonymous (not so anonymous for you, I'm afraid) forums. Please keep trying.
"ewwweryone," not "evvveryone." "ewwweryvon" is not bad either.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Thanks. My bad. And ewwweryone notices you're sucking up to Il Professore. That is a lot cuter than puppy pics.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Thanks. My bad. And ewwweryone notices you're sucking up to Il Professore.   That is a lot cuter than puppy pics.
hahaha @"my bad"! 15 years old?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Thanks. My bad. And ewwweryone notices you're sucking up to Il Professore.   That is a lot cuter than puppy pics.
hahaha @"my bad"! 15 years old?

hahaha! What a Pavlovian response from you.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:57 am

She is a pretty puppy!

Nice to see so much adoration for the owner, I mean for the puppy here!  So..after all these years in this forum..it took a pretty puppy to bring out unanimous praise..in you nice folks!

Seriously, Max.. nice to see that you and your family are having a good time with the puppy..she seems easily trainable and "growing pains" are not a big issue.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down