Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enjoying the slow life : )

3 posters

Go down

Enjoying the slow life : ) Empty Enjoying the slow life : )

Post by gone Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:14 pm

So now that I've accepted that I'm going to be stuck in a small town for a while (DH says that he plans on retiring by 50 tops), I'm beginning to embrace this life. I figure no one ever has the perfect life, and this is my imperfect life.

New Orleans, the Smokies, Hilton Head and Kiawah island, Caribbean islands, California, Canada. We've started taking and planning more long weekend trips to "get away" when DH is not on call.

When we return, I find myself completely refreshed and happy because the pace of life is so so so laid-back here. I listen to faster-paced music on the radio in a big city, and find myself longing for something sloooooow like Bill Currington's "God is Great, Beer is Good, People are Crazy" or Kenny Chesney's "You and Tequila Make Me Crazy" and I think I'm lucky to have what I have. I just didn't appreciate it.

gone

Back to top Go down

Enjoying the slow life : ) Empty Re: Enjoying the slow life : )

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:16 pm

have kids, and next 20 years will pass just like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Smile. I am glad it's working out for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Finally you are learning life's wisdom. Smile Your Mom should be very proud.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:have kids, and next 20 years will pass just like that.

Yes. We will help you by giving tons of advices. Smile

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:47 pm

I don't know if it's working out for me. I'd say it's something I'm beginning to accept and appreciate more. It isn't the perfect situation and I'm still eager to get DH to move but I realize that the odds of that happening aren't great.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:26 pm

mainstreet wrote:I don't know if it's working out for me.  I'd say it's something I'm beginning to accept and appreciate more.  It isn't the perfect situation and I'm still eager to get DH to move but I realize that the odds of that happening aren't great.

yeah, if everything works out well, going to the city may be an ideal option. but it's not possible right now. when it comes to you choosing to stay married to a good man vs you leaving him and moving to the city, option one wins hands down. Don't even think abt the second one.
You guys taking frequent vacations out and going back to the quiet retreat seems pretty good. that's a nice solution.
enjoy and appreciate whatever you got. stay happy! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:18 pm

mainstreet wrote:I don't know if it's working out for me.  I'd say it's something I'm beginning to accept and appreciate more.  It isn't the perfect situation and I'm still eager to get DH to move but I realize that the odds of that happening aren't great.

ms,

Nice to see you at least making the effort to adapt and trying to make the best of it..are there any "guarantees" in any relationship?

Believe it or not..I thought about you a few days ago..met a newly wed- Indian lady who
reminded me of you..and was wondering how you were doing! And here you are..going to live a hundred years:)! Of course I gave my pep talk -based on my real experiences (whether it helps or not!)

Ah..country songs..what can I say..don't know if all the pop - "Big city"
songs are dripping with joy..like Rihanna's "we fell in love in a hopeless place"..to "If I could be your man" (well, think that's just Bruno making us believe..men pine away..please!)..

I like you..take care!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down