Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naked thief in Madras

5 posters

Go down

Naked thief in Madras  Empty Naked thief in Madras

Post by indophile Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:55 am

Where can he hide with all the CCTV cameras etc.? I've heard of thieves wearing nothing but a langot and applying oil all over their bodies (easy to slip away), but never heard of one going about his business in his birthday suit.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/naked-man-steals-from-alwarpet-homes/article4857708.ece

indophile

Back to top Go down

Naked thief in Madras  Empty Re: Naked thief in Madras

Post by Rishi Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:41 am

A series of clips obtained from the cameras clearly show a young man, identified by residents as Kumar, who worked as a domestic help in one of the bungalows on TTK Road two years ago.

****Is it too demeaning to call Mr. Kumar a servant?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:54 am

maybe it was too hot.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:24 am

Impedimenta wrote:maybe it was too hot.
LOL. as indo mentions, thieves using oil and langot strategy is quite common. we used to have at least 2 attempts in our house every year, in that fashion, till we decided to to install cctv with 6 cameras and grills in all our windows a couple of years ago. there hasn't been a single incidence since -- oh wait, our driver's mobile got stolen 2 months ago and it was caught on cctv. i am anxiously waiting for the day some thief steals the sink that i got in dowry and that i proudly displayed in old ch so that i can declare it lost property and call it a closed chapter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:40 am

how much does those cctv things cost, including installation and stuff? curious. Wait, you got a sink in the name of dowry? i am going to go demand my dowry now. what? don't even think about it. dowry should be gender neutral like marriage laws are. keeping up with times here in the US. Equal rights for all.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:45 am

Long time ago our friends, a young couple, lived in an apartment complex called Springhill Lake in Greenbelt, MD (Rishi might know this place). One night during the hot summer, the doorbell rang. The girl (who arrived from India just 3 months ago) unsuspectingly opened the door - and there was..... a 6' 3" black guy, buck naked, and fully drunk, mouthing loud profanities (which thankfully she didn't understand). She immediately shut the door on him, and called her late working husband. All he could tell her was to call the police. It seems the guy told the police - it was hot, he was a little tipsy, and barked up the wrong apartment thinking it was his girlfriend's.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Impedimenta wrote:how much does those cctv things cost, including installation and stuff? curious. Wait, you got a sink in the name of dowry? i am going to go demand my dowry now. what? don't even think about it. dowry should be gender neutral like marriage laws are. keeping up with times here in the US. Equal rights for all.
the cctv with 6 cameras cost us rs 15k -- chinese make.

arre, you did not get any dowry? how come? i got a sink. i had asked for a hand dryer but my FIL gave me a sink!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Impedimenta wrote:how much does those cctv things cost, including installation and stuff? curious. Wait, you got a sink in the name of dowry? i am going to go demand my dowry now. what? don't even think about it. dowry should be gender neutral like marriage laws are. keeping up with times here in the US. Equal rights for all.

I was thinking...Marriage with one partner gets boring with time. The law should be made to auto expire marriage license after certain period of time. We need crystal clear laws going forward…make the society better.

Btw, you are off from my "Ideal Woman" list.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:43 pm

Shock and steal strategy?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
the cctv with 6 cameras cost us rs 15k -- chinese make.

arre, you did not get any dowry? how come? i got a sink. i had asked for a hand dryer but my FIL gave me a sink!

not a bad investment at all @ 15 k. thanks! yessir, my next call to my MIL, i am asking for something.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:54 pm

Nila wrote:

I was thinking...Marriage with one partner gets boring with time. The law should be made to auto expire marriage license after certain period of time. We need crystal clear laws going forward…make the society better.

i am in no list here on SUCH. so, what can i do to get back in there? i made some tomato rice the other day. came out great. want me to send you some? Very Happy

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
Nila wrote:

i am in no list here on SUCH. so, what can i do to get back in there? i made some tomato rice the other day. came out great. want me to send you some? Very Happy

You asking me? And think that a a tomato rice can make you to the list again. Not only you demand a sink..., but forget all that, considering that you are willing to give a try...how about sending coriander rice - it will be a deal. Deal -a?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:31 pm

indophile wrote:

Long time ago our friends, a young couple, lived in an apartment complex called Springhill Lake in Greenbelt, MD (Rishi might know this place). One night during the hot summer, the doorbell rang. The girl (who arrived from India just 3 months ago) unsuspectingly opened the door - and there was..... a 6' 3" black guy, buck naked, and fully drunk, mouthing loud profanities (which thankfully she didn't understand). She immediately shut the door on him, and called her late working husband. All he could tell her was to call the police. It seems the guy told the police - it was hot, he was a little tipsy, and barked up the wrong apartment thinking it was his girlfriend's.

Springhill lake is full of drug addicts and lowlifes.

Btw a similar incident took place about 10 years ago in Gainesville, Florida. I am posting the story.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down