Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

day time temp 128 and night time temps fall to a cool 96 f

3 posters

Go down

day time temp 128 and night time temps fall to a cool 96 f Empty day time temp 128 and night time temps fall to a cool 96 f

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:26 am

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/29/us/southwest-heat/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

That. Is hot. Furnace creek temps forecast for Saturday. The heat wave will stick around at least till Tuesday.

The hottest day of my life 122f . That was in vijayawada in ap in India. People got up on their roofs and poured water to prevent them from catching fire. It was not unusual to hear that some nearby slum caught fire due to some ones negligence with fire. Shingles on the roof catch fire from flying sparks.

We drank lot of lime juice, cold butter milk and plain water to keep cool.

What was the hottest day in your life? Where? Any hot stories?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

day time temp 128 and night time temps fall to a cool 96 f Empty Re: day time temp 128 and night time temps fall to a cool 96 f

Post by yogi Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:57 am

the hottest day i've experienced was in my hometown. I don't know the temp. but as they say in telugu, it was-- Rollu pagile yenda. my grandmom fed me with lots and lots of butter milk. to go with this, there was no power leaving us with only visanakarras. Also i had ragi jaava which my grandmom says keeps me cool.

* what is the english word for visanakarra?fan?
yogi
yogi

Back to top Go down

day time temp 128 and night time temps fall to a cool 96 f Empty Re: day time temp 128 and night time temps fall to a cool 96 f

Post by Rishi Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:04 am

truthbetold wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/29/us/southwest-heat/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

That. Is hot. Furnace creek temps forecast for Saturday. The heat wave will stick around at least till Tuesday.

The hottest day of my life 122f .  That was in vijayawada in ap in India. People got up on their roofs and poured water to prevent them from catching fire.  It was not unusual to hear that some nearby slum caught fire due to some ones negligence with fire. Shingles on the roof catch fire from flying sparks.

We drank lot of lime juice,  cold butter milk and plain water to keep cool.

What was the hottest day in your life? Where? Any hot stories?

That is exactly why productivity is so low in India.

Imagine the plight of the poor in places like Vijayawada who earn a living digging ditches, laying bricks, building roads etc.

It is easy to work hard in temperate places.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Rishi,
Good point. There is scientific clarity that temp above a certain range bring down productivity. Ideal temp for office work is in low 70s in us.

In Indian villages farming community works from 5 am to 10 am. 7 days a week. After 10 am they attend tasks that can be done in shade. Transportation time in these parts are minimal or they get started rather early.

In my part of native country roads are deserted between 11am and 3 pm from march to june.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down