Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

status brief

+6
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Maria S
Impedimenta
Propagandhi711
Captain Bhankas
10 posters

Go down

status brief Empty status brief

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:40 am

i have finally started contemplating life to paint pictures. i have changed my wardrobe already and i have replaced all my clothes with kurta-pajamas of nondescript color. i have started wearing thick-rimmed, black glasses and i have stopped shaving. i have also issued a restraining order to my comb and threatened it with dire consequences if it came within 10 ft radius of my hair. i have started walking the poorer streets of my city at night, wearing a pair of bata chappals and a shabnam dangling from my shoulder.

i have started spending hours at unusual places (rafiq cycle mart, for instance) nodding sagely, frowning intelligently and smiling mysteriously looking at nothing in particular. i think i will paint the first captain soon.

/status

Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

status brief Empty Re: status brief

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:46 am

Well sir, it appears that you are readying yourself for a fulfilling career in art and/or print media journalism. Congratulations and hope to see you at a candle vigil for Egyptian democracy

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:14 am

You come in the category of an intellectual already!

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:26 am

all that is fine. But are you going to sign your art work, vinodini?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:45 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:i have finally started contemplating life to paint pictures. i have changed my wardrobe already and i have replaced all my clothes with kurta-pajamas of nondescript color. i have started wearing thick-rimmed, black glasses and i have stopped shaving. i have also issued a restraining order to my comb and threatened it with dire consequences if it came within 10 ft radius of my hair. i have started walking the poorer streets of my city at night, wearing a pair of bata chappals and a shabnam dangling from my shoulder.

i have started spending hours at unusual places (rafiq cycle mart, for instance) nodding sagely, frowning intelligently and smiling mysteriously looking at nothing in particular. i think i will paint the first captain soon.

/status

Captain Vinod,

I see a crowd of followers, esp. women already lining up..hope you remember us when you do become famous..and mega wealthy!

I wish I could..but, don't think I can afford to buy (even bid on) this grand Monan Lisan self-portrait! 
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:59 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:i have finally started contemplating life to paint pictures. i have changed my wardrobe already and i have replaced all my clothes with kurta-pajamas of nondescript color. i have started wearing thick-rimmed, black glasses and i have stopped shaving. i have also issued a restraining order to my comb and threatened it with dire consequences if it came within 10 ft radius of my hair. i have started walking the poorer streets of my city at night, wearing a pair of bata chappals and a shabnam dangling from my shoulder.

/status

Finally you have figured it all out. ..You are well on your way to become Swamy Bhankeshwaranand.

Can I become your additional personal secretary? main personal secretary has got to be a chick and defer that position to the future Ma (I offer my services to pick the right Ma tho')

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:07 am

/status

>>>I didn't see cigarettes in the picture you have painted of yourself ( or the soon to be you). Wouldn't that go hand in hand with the intellectualism? Or should it be beedies, to show that common touch, the commiseration with the hoi polloi?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

/status

Why even wear a chappal and go all the way to live 96. All the rest match a great painter profile.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:52 pm

you ain't getting nowhere til you prey on and have an affair with an older educated upper middle-class woman whose husband is away or cheating on her. you often find them walking around looking tired and affluent in upscale ethnic boutiques. strike up a conversation, be a frequent visitor, very casually offer them a cup of tea - all this while you have to be your normal self. a couple of times after she tells you what a good friend you are, you can hint to her that the connection is spiritual. show her your art, she'll feel compelled to understand your garbage and will help promote you. you'll have to do this with several such women and gay men just to ensure a high rate of success. and if you're serious you will be smart enough to keep the relationship platonic and "spiritual" as long as possible cuz you don't want to lose your magic.

yes, i have time on my hands today.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:01 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:you ain't getting nowhere til you prey on and have an affair with an older educated upper middle-class woman whose husband is away or cheating on her. you often find them walking around looking tired and affluent in upscale ethnic boutiques. strike up a conversation, be a frequent visitor, very casually offer them a cup of tea - all this while you have to be your normal self. a couple of times after she tells you what a good friend you are, you can hint to her that the connection is spiritual. show her your art, she'll feel compelled to understand your garbage and will help promote you. you'll have to do this with several such women and gay men just to ensure a high rate of success. and if you're serious you will be smart enough to keep the relationship platonic and "spiritual" as long as possible cuz you don't want to lose your magic.

With the way your post started, I thought you will get him to seduce them enough to come into his terrace pad on a rainy afternoon and paint them in semi nude followed by steamy love making afternoon after afternoon. But anyway, guess the rains here is taking over my imaginations. Your advice to make those aunties promote his paintings is better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Not to give you any ideas Capt..just when I think..I've seen it all!

Some people really have a lot of time on their hands and use their bodies, and "whatever they can find" in creative ways!

http://www.oddee.com/item_98091.aspx
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:you ain't getting nowhere til you prey on and have an affair with an older educated upper middle-class woman whose husband is away or cheating on her. you often find them walking around looking tired and affluent in upscale ethnic boutiques. strike up a conversation, be a frequent visitor, very casually offer them a cup of tea - all this while you have to be your normal self. a couple of times after she tells you what a good friend you are, you can hint to her that the connection is spiritual. show her your art, she'll feel compelled to understand your garbage and will help promote you. you'll have to do this with several such women and gay men just to ensure a high rate of success. and if you're serious you will be smart enough to keep the relationship platonic and "spiritual" as long as possible cuz you don't want to lose your magic.

With the way your post started, I thought you will get him to seduce them enough to come into his terrace pad on a rainy afternoon and paint them in semi nude followed by steamy love making afternoon after afternoon. But anyway, guess the rains here is taking over my imaginations. Your advice to make those aunties promote his paintings is better.
** oh no, a rlnsp such as this should always teeter on the edge of spirituality and sexuality but once you succumb to sex you lose your hold over the affluent well-educated woman.

** I feel like such an enemy of women right now. I have to stop discussing this topic.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Kris wrote:

/status

>>>I didn't see cigarettes in the picture you have painted of yourself ( or the soon to be you). Wouldn't that go hand in hand with the intellectualism? Or should it be beedies, to show that common touch, the commiseration with the hoi polloi?

Unfiltered cigarette will do - beedi is for occasional socializing with footpath dwellers.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:24 pm

I'm watching...and learning, but this looks a lot scripted from a movie. You know off any real life encounters...from some friend or even closer?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:27 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

** oh no, a rlnsp such as this should always teeter on the edge of spirituality and sexuality but once you succumb to sex you lose your hold over the affluent well-educated woman.

** I feel like such an enemy of women right now. I have to stop discussing this topic.
Women are such good creatures. What did women do to you, which made you so bitter? Care to share...
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:10 am

many thanks to pg711, kinnera, PN, uppili saar!, i'menta, kris, maria, SI, nevada and VB for the feedback, suggestions and encouragement. i am determined more than ever to bring the first captain into this world. thank you, gentlemen and gentlewomen.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:43 am

Let us know when you complete your first painting. If it is a self-portrait I expect to see the bearded face with horn-rimmed glasses sporting a pipe perhaps.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:24 am

Captain,

We'll be very disappointed if we see the first Captain picture painting even close to this.

http://www.mensxp.com/images/article/entertainment/gossip/gossip85084.jpg
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down