Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAT test timing

3 posters

Go down

SAT test timing Empty SAT test timing

Post by Rishi Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:00 pm

I just took the math portion of a real SAT test from the official SAT study guide.

I got all of the 20 questions right. It took me 35 minutes to complete that section. The allotted time is 25 minutes.

Don't you think 25 minutes is very less?

Unless someone has practiced these kinds of questions at least 50 times and timed himself or herself, I think it is really impossible to do it within the allotted time.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

SAT test timing Empty Re: SAT test timing

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Rishi wrote:I just took the math portion of a real SAT test from the official SAT study guide.

I got all of the 20 questions right. It took me 35 minutes to complete that section. The allotted time is 25 minutes.

Unless someone has practiced these kinds of questions at least 50 times and timed himself or herself, I think it is really impossible to do it within the allotted time.

That is the whole idea of these tests - as also, the IIT/IIM coaching classes.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rishi wrote:I just took the math portion of a real SAT test from the official SAT study guide.

In the real world there is plenty of time to solve problems at work and other aspects of your life.

I think any test which is not reality focused is artificial.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Rishi wrote:

In the real world there is plenty of time to solve problems at work and other aspects of your life.

I think any test which is not reality focused is artificial.

Wrong! you don't have a whole day to bring the system up when thousands of passengers stranded at the airports across the nation or flights can not take off.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:39 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Wrong! you don't have a whole day to bring the system up when thousands of passengers stranded at the airports across the nation or flights can not take off.

Not correct. A person who is head of the control tower will have had years and years of experience to handle such a situation. Not some fresh ATC exam passer.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:43 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Not correct. A person who is head of the control tower will have had years and years of experience to handle such a situation. Not some fresh ATC exam passer.

The skills and thought process required for an ATC is different from an Engineer who designs an aircraft. The Engineer has to be deliberate and must think things through. He has to take his time and not rush things through.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down