Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

77 YEARS OF WAIT..

+2
nevada
garam_kuta
6 posters

Go down

77 YEARS OF WAIT.. Empty 77 YEARS OF WAIT..

Post by garam_kuta Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 am

Murray is leading by two sets

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

77 YEARS OF WAIT.. Empty Re: 77 YEARS OF WAIT..

Post by nevada Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Finally! Glad to see Murray end the drought.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:08 pm

nevada wrote:Finally! Glad to see Murray end the drought.

Hearty Congratulations to Jebi Achachan.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:12 am

djokovic was not at his best yesterday. he committed too many unforced errors and could not capitalize on 4-1 (in the IInd) and 4-2 (in the IIIrd). after watching the semi-final between him and potro, the final felt like an anti-climax. i was expecting a 5-set match. uff.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:14 am

Thiru. Garam!

I assume..you mean "a Man- British man" winning Wimbledon after 77 years?  Hope it's not like some commentators kept on emphasizing that..like "British women" are not players-people!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/andy-murray-virginia-wade-first-brit-wimbledon/

Anyways..like a lot of people, I was cheering for Andy Murray.and esp. for the great Ivan Lendl- his main guide-coach, motivator, friend etc (!)..who never won and perhaps vicariously lived through this historic win too!

Neengal nalama? take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:19 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
nevada wrote:Finally! Glad to see Murray end the drought.

Hearty Congratulations to Jebi Achachan.

scratch

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Maria S wrote:Thiru. Garam!

I assume..you mean "a Man- British man" winning Wimbledon after 77 years?  Hope it's not like some commentators kept on emphasizing that..like "British women" are not players-people!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/andy-murray-virginia-wade-first-brit-wimbledon/

Anyways..like a lot of people, I was cheering for Andy Murray.and esp. for the great Ivan Lendl- his main guide-coach, motivator, friend etc (!)..who never won and perhaps vicariously lived through this historic win too!

Neengal nalama? take care.

mikka nalam. ungaL aasirvAtham, thAye.  you will be proud to hear that the first double century in ODI cricket was by Belinda Clarke, before Sachin and Sewag.  this question in a recent episode of  'neengaLum vellalAm oru kOdi'' stumped almost everyone!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:46 am

garam_kuta wrote:
mikka nalam. ungaL aasirvAtham, thAye.  you will be proud to hear that the first double century in ODI cricket was by Belinda Clarke, before Sachin and Sewag.  this question in a recent episode of  'neengaLum vellalAm oru kOdi'' stumped almost everyone!

Good to know..aww..Maganay:) I don't follow Cricket, learned something new.. Wow! Ms. Belinda Clarke- that is great!

First it was akka, then thangachi, now Thai (tamil Thai!)..engeyo poitinga neenga ...prematurely "paati"-akkamal irundhal sari:D!  And nice the ref was is Tamil, and not "Mummy" (like many young folks "affectionately" call Jayalalitha:) 

Have not watched that game show..but, do watch "Neeya, Naana"..and "Athu, Ithu, Yethu" shows on Vijay TV...speaking of which..here is a nice song with Siva Karthikeyan (who used be the host of AIY!)
And nice to see him doing well...I suppose one cannot him "see" him as a "Beedi worker"..hard to compare him with Dhanush or Sharukh Khan (but, he is that type), low on "glamour" but has a certain undeniable appeal, stands out- something about them..hard to ignore and not like him! To me he is a good rep..of millions young Indian men- his generation..smart, hardworking, unpretentious and quite humble..enjoy his interviews and his shows!

Ok..take care!

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down