Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

king richards

5 posters

Go down

king richards Empty king richards

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 pm

loved watching this documentary of my favorite batsman growing up. everything he did was power and grace. i remember how he would stroll in with a lazy swagger arms whirling. he'd go halfway down the pitch, give it a few taps, looking menacingly straight at the bowler and then a leisurely walk back to the crease to take his stance. it was controlled mayhem when he batted.

i like it that this was made during his playing days, so you get an inside look.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

king richards Empty Re: king richards

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:41 pm

i enjoyed watching viv's short tete-a-tete with west indian historian c.l.r.james and some really beautiful footage of joel ganer and michael holding in full cry. the bowling footage of garner really shows you why his nickname was "big bird". really menacing to watch.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Yup - he is the one and only King. Never wore a helmet and belted the ball to all corners of the park. He reserved his best for old enemy England. His 189 in a ODI and his fastest test century of 56? balls were both against them. No other batsmen has inspired fear in opponents as much as Richards.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:51 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:55 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:10 am

max,

In the future please indicate the post is about cricket. An earlier thread was also misleading. I thoght this is about King Richard III. Wasted 2 minutes.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:max,

In the future please indicate the post is about cricket. An earlier thread was also misleading. I thoght this is about King Richard III. Wasted 2 minutes.

Now Rashmun is 100% convinced that Max is not kayalvizhi. They had a "conversation".

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:57 pm

b_A wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:max,

Now Rashmun is 100% convinced that Max is not kayalvizhi. They had a "conversation".

That's not what i would call a 'conversation'. But these two have had 'extensive conversations' before. So i have no reason to  believe Max is KV.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:30 pm

'Extensive conversations' online in forum posts between two different handles is your standard  of proof?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Hellsangel wrote:'Extensive conversations' online in forum posts  between two different handles is your standard  of proof?

that is correct. my understanding is that it is very difficult for a poster with two handles to get the two handles talking to each other extensively. It can be done but it is very difficult to do in practice without experienced posters seeing through your game.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:04 pm

no hellsu got me. i confess i am KV.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:no hellsu got me. i confess i am KV.

if you recall hellsu had recently accused you of posting using another handle on sulekha and he had even given the link to a somewhat obscene post written by this poster claiming you had written it. Your comments?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Rashmun wrote:

if you recall hellsu had recently accused you of posting using another handle on sulekha and he had even given the link to a somewhat obscene post written by this poster claiming you had written it. Your comments?

here are my comments:

are you also afflicted with hellsu's SUSS* syndrome?

*soiled underwear(others' not one's own) smelling syndrome.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:23 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

here are my comments:

are you also afflicted with hellsu's SUSS* syndrome?

*soiled underwear(others' not one's own) smelling syndrome.

i only asked you this because you claimed to be KV. i am convinced you are not KV. i am also convinced that you are not the other poster who had written the obscene comment which Hellsu attributed to you without giving any plausible reason whatsoever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Ha ha ha! Still sore, Il Professore? Aren't you a little too old to be soiling your underwear?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Ha ha ha! Still sore, Il Professore? Aren't you a little too old to be soiling your underwear?

Hellsu, do you agree that you suffer from SUSS? if yes, when will you grow up and stop smelling the soiled underwears of others?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Ha ha ha! Still sore, Il Professore? Aren't you a little too old to be soiling your underwear?

Hellsu, do you agree that you suffer from SUSS? if yes, when will you grow up and stop smelling the soiled underwears of others?
Oh dear! How can I go against another great debating tactic by the great debater?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Oh dear! How can I go against another great debating tactic by the great debater?

That obscene post of some other poster was several years old. why bring it up after so many years and make bizarre allegations that it was posted by one of the respected members of this forum without giving any plausible reason? Or should we consider these cheap tactics typical of your own low level debating style?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:45 pm

Whatever you say, O Great Debater!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Whatever you say, O Great Debater!

time to start revealing private details, as per your past behavior, O Mighty Debater. After all, that is your favorite weapon of choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down