Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened in Bangalore was not a racist attack. The media has distorted the facts of the incident.

2 posters

Go down

What happened in Bangalore was not a racist attack. The media has distorted the facts of the incident. Empty What happened in Bangalore was not a racist attack. The media has distorted the facts of the incident.

Post by Rishi Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:16 am

Aravind Dated : Friday, July 12, 2013What happened in Bangalore was not a racist attack. The media has distorted the facts of the incident. Spacer08:43 PM I am a Banglorean. I knew Wandoh (acquaintance) I was one of the eyewitness to this!!! I am ashamed of myself that I could not save him getting bashed. Nobody helped him? A racist attack?? Not true. At initial stage, it was a heated argument between 2 people in drunken condition and Wandoh, in front of a bar. They shouted at him and he shouted back. I tried to pacify both but none were in a position to listen. Even few others tried in vain. Yes the drunkards hit him first, and what Wandoh did was hit them back. But further to that he was so angry, with his all strength he held one of them forcefully and took ID card from his pocket and later held the other one too. Even though Wandoh was telling them that he would take them to police, there was language problem. During this time the drunken duo were at the mercy of Wandoh and was publicly begging for help (Wandoh is above 6ft and a strong man). Traffic had come to a halt and there were people all around seeing 2 Indians at the mercy of a huge African. This worked against him. By then the people on culprit’s side had gathered and poor Wandoh was alone. He fell down fighting and people gathered bashed him and a big stone was thrown on him. Before even anybody realized how ugly this was getting, it was over. All I could do was call Police and Cheetah patrol arrived in 5 minutes and by then the culprits had vanished. Police did take him to hospital as he was not able to see properly. As for I am aware the ID card which Wandoh took helped police identify culprits and I am sure justice would be done according to Indian law. The point why I am writing is not to say who was right or wrong, but this was not a racist attack. (I have seen many Indians referring to Africans as Negros, without knowing it’s a racist comment). In this case, it was people getting united for the wrong reason and have done this heinous act. This reminds me of the last incident when drunken Africans united near a Kammanahalli Pub to peat police on duty. Today the issue of drinking is making people behave animals whether Indians or Africans. I pray for the speedy recovery of Wandoh and hope justice would be done in this case.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/index.aspx?page=article&sectid=1&contentid=20130712201307120107244032f6781d4

Rishi

Back to top Go down

What happened in Bangalore was not a racist attack. The media has distorted the facts of the incident. Empty Re: What happened in Bangalore was not a racist attack. The media has distorted the facts of the incident.

Post by Rishi Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:17 am

Btw does it make sense to issue a PIO card to someone whose ancestors were not desis?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

What happened in Bangalore was not a racist attack. The media has distorted the facts of the incident. Empty Re: What happened in Bangalore was not a racist attack. The media has distorted the facts of the incident.

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:21 am

A racist attack on foreigner gets more attention and publicity. Forget the facts and truths and ethics...this is India.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down