Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like CONwallahs gave up on winning in Coastal AP

+2
Propagandhi711
Vakavaka Pakapaka
6 posters

Go down

Looks like CONwallahs gave up on winning in Coastal AP Empty Looks like CONwallahs gave up on winning in Coastal AP

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:11 am

Apparently, CONartists feel that Jagan will win in coastal AP whether Telangana is created or not and that by creating Telangana, CONwallahs can get at least 17 MPs in the next election. They are also thinking of adding Kurnool and Anantapur to Telangana to split Jagan's vote bank. So, just to get enough MPs from the state, CONartists are prepared to split AP into two. The spineless AP-CON chamchas are more interested in pleasing MT than in working for local people. Corrupt Jagan as CM of coastal AP and self-serving KCR as the CM of Telangana will start looting the region.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/telangana-looks-certain/article4928690.ece?homepage=true

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Looks like CONwallahs gave up on winning in Coastal AP Empty Re: Looks like CONwallahs gave up on winning in Coastal AP

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:45 am

Wait, cd will tell you that charges against Japan are baseless and yet to be proven. I didn't understand the logic of splitting rayalaseema as well...is it just physical proximity of kurnool that's making it part of telengana?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Looks like CONwallahs gave up on winning in Coastal AP Empty Re: Looks like CONwallahs gave up on winning in Coastal AP

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:50 am

Ah rayalaseema is a name of a place. Been wondering since yesterday what it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:53 am

"rayalseema" was the most frequently heard term in the weather report on doordarshan news back in the day. i for the life of me could not locate it on the map.

"uttari tamilnadu, karnatak, maharashtra ke kai ilake aur saath me rayalseema me garaj ke saath cheete girne ki sambhawana hai"
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:00 am

Rayalseema is the area bordering tamilnadu and Karnataka for the most part..it's the southern region of what's still a.p. well known for thugs, spicy food adapted to arid regions and low levels of education compared to even telangana. It's amazing: you leave rayalaseema to enter Karnataka and things suddenly become greener, more fertile, developed....

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:07 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:Rayalseema is the area bordering tamilnadu and Karnataka for the most part..it's the southern region of what's still a.p. well known for thugs, spicy food adapted to arid regions and low levels of education compared to even telangana. It's amazing: you leave rayalaseema to enter Karnataka and things suddenly become greener, more fertile, developed....

Did they made it out of 'royal border'? Rayal seema. LOL.

Someone called himself/herself a rayalaseema person. And I was like what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:Rayalseema is the area bordering tamilnadu and Karnataka for the most part..it's the southern region of what's still a.p. well known for thugs, spicy food adapted to arid regions and low levels of education compared to even telangana. It's amazing: you leave rayalaseema to enter Karnataka and things suddenly become greener, more fertile, developed....

Heard about KrishnadevaRAYA? The area is called Rayala-seema (area belonging to Krishnadevaraya). It has nothing to do with Royal.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:22 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Heard about KrishnadevaRAYA? The area is called Rayala-seema (area belonging to Krishnadevaraya). It has nothing to do with Royal.

wasn't the capital of the vijayanagar kings in Karnataka (Hampi)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:35 am

Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

pssst, get the kneepads and lube ready. virile1 boyfriend aa gaya tha, jaldi karo

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:38 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

pssst, get the kneepads and lube ready. virile1 boyfriend aa gaya tha, jaldi karo

SomeProfile, you're getting boring now. time to come in your other handle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:47 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

hahaha @the northindian above! watch all the dil-deewanis kick out their northindian husbands and fall into bed with poopah!

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:48 am

Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Rayalaseema was part of the Vijayanagara empire. Bellary-Hampi area traditionally has good size Telugu population and culture. In fact, Bellary district was ceded to Karnataka as a part of a deal to create the Andhra state. It could have been included in AP. The Reddy brothers [mining barons] in Karnataka are Telugu speaking). Have you heard about "Andhra bhOja"? Do you know who's given that title?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:50 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

hahaha @the northindian above! watch all the dil-deewanis kick out their northindian husbands and fall into bed with poopah!

diapered1, your dil-deewana's waiting for you with his backhair groomed and chesticles teased to attention. get to your bizness quickly so you have long postcoital conversations about islamic kings and sambhar

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:54 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Rayalaseema was part of the Vijayanagara empire. Bellary-Hampi area traditionally has good size Telugu population and culture. In fact, Bellary district was ceded to Karnataka as a part of a deal to create the Andhra state. It could have been included in AP. The Reddy brothers [mining barons] in Karnataka are Telugu speaking). Have you heard about "Andhra bhOja"? Do you know who's given that title?

thanks. never heard of Andhra bhoja. what does it mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:14 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

That is right but technically raya and royal are both derived from the same proto Indo European root. Raya is from Sanskrit raja and royal is from Latin Rex, both meaning king.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

That is right but technically raya and royal are both derived from the same proto Indo European root. Raya is from Sanskrit raja and royal is from Latin Rex, both meaning king.

Sure, but we are talking about a particular Rayalu here. May be they should call it "Krishnadevarayala seema". I wonder what his real name was - Krishnadeva?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Ah rayalaseema is a name of a place. Been wondering since yesterday what it was.

At this rate you will become more telugu than some of the telugus on this board  Smile
Which side are you on, for separate Telnagana or United State.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Sure, but we are talking about a particular Rayalu here. May be they should call it "Krishnadevarayala seema". I wonder what his real name was - Krishnadeva?
I am not sure Rayalaseema is called that because of just one of the series of Rayas who ruled the area. I always assumed it is called that because it was the land of the Raya kings. Didn't Srinathudu use the term Rayalaseema? He died before Krishnadevaraya became king.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:11 pm

You may be right. However, I don't think Rayas who came before Krishnadevaraya ruled Seema area.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Recently, there was some fuss about Ananthapur district while KCR was doing his "fasting". Some writer (from Ananthapur?) wrote (in The Hindu?) that the area should belong to Karnataka since it was ruled by predecessors of Krishnadevaraya. May be some rayas did rule Ananthapur from the beginning. According to Srinadha, Vijayanagara kingdom belonged to Kannadigas (he did mention so). I don't think Ananthapur ever was Kannada speaking. However, there are other stories on the origin of Vijayanagar empire (that it was started by Telugus from Kakatiya kingdom). If this were the case, then, perhaps, Seema might have been a hub for Rayala activity. However, before Krishnadevaraya, Kannada was the main language of the court. Under him, Telugu superseded Kannada. Apparently, he preferred Telugu to Kannada. Any way, you may be right that Seema may be called Rayala because of Rayalas. I don't think there is any theory suggesting that Vijayanagara dynasty is from the Seema area. In fact, if I remember correctly, that area was ruled by Reddy raajulu. There are different theories about the origin of Nayakas as well. All this stuff needs some quality research.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:15 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Recently, there was some fuss about Ananthapur district while KCR was doing his "fasting". Some writer (from Ananthapur?) wrote (in The Hindu?) that the area should belong to Karnataka since it was ruled by predecessors of Krishnadevaraya. May be some rayas did rule Ananthapur from the beginning. According to Srinadha, Vijayanagara kingdom belonged to Kannadigas (he did mention so). I don't think Ananthapur ever was Kannada speaking. However, there are other stories on the origin of Vijayanagar empire (that it was started by Telugus from Kakatiya kingdom). If this were the case, then, perhaps, Seema might have been a hub for Rayala activity. However, before Krishnadevaraya, Kannada was the main language of the court. Under him, Telugu superseded Kannada. Apparently, he preferred Telugu to Kannada. Any way, you may be right that Seema may be called Rayala because of Rayalas. I don't think there is any theory suggesting that Vijayanagara dynasty is from the Seema area. In fact, if I remember correctly, that area was ruled by Reddy raajulu. There are different theories about the origin of Nayakas as well. All this stuff needs some quality research.
Yes, AFAIK, Nayaka was not a caste or community designation, but a Kakatiya military/administrative title. And that time, the lines between some of the dominant castes that we know today were more blurred. There were Nayakas from Reddy, Kamma, and other castes. My understanding is that the Vijayanagara kingdom arose as a confederation of Telugu and Kannadiga nayakas who came together intent on resisting the Turkish onslaught. I think, but am not sure, that the original nucleus of the empire was in the Tungabhadra valley, between the Krishna and Penna rivers, and straddled the current border between AP and Karnataka. This is why after Tallikota, the capital moved to Penukonda in Anantapur district.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down