Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Ban Modi's Hindu Nationalist Posters': Mulayam's Samajwadi Party

+2
Rishi
Seva Lamberdar
6 posters

Go down

'Ban Modi's Hindu Nationalist Posters': Mulayam's Samajwadi Party Empty 'Ban Modi's Hindu Nationalist Posters': Mulayam's Samajwadi Party

Post by Guest Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Days after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Mumbai put up nearly 50 posters of Narendra Modi, headlining his "I am a Hindu Nationalist" quote, a petition has asked for Mr Modi to be barred from elections, on grounds that the posters are "communal and divisive."

Samajwadi Party leader Abu Azmi today said he has offered this argument in letters to both the Election Commission and the Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court, and asked for a ban on the posters.

Earlier this month, in a controversial interview where he used an analogy of a puppy being run over to that of the 2002 communal riots in his state, Mr Modi, widely seen as the BJP's likely candidate for prime minister, had said, "I am nationalist. I'm patriotic. Nothing is wrong. I am born Hindu. Nothing is wrong. So I'm a Hindu nationalist." (Watch)

"Such banners divide communities, how can they come from a person who wants to be Prime Minister?" asked Mr Azmi.

But the Election Commission has said today it cannot act on the complaint unless an election is underway in Maharashtra.

The Mumbai BJP denied any attempt to polarise voters. "We have done the campaign of Rajnathji, Advaniji and now Modiji. We will take all our leaders to voters. That is my work and that is what we will do. Governance and development is a key issue and we will campaign on that also," Mumbai BJP president Ashish Shelar had said when the posters were put up.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/narendra-modi-s-hindu-nationalist-posters-should-be-banned-says-samajwadi-party-396494?pfrom=home-india

Back to top Go down

'Ban Modi's Hindu Nationalist Posters': Mulayam's Samajwadi Party Empty Re: 'Ban Modi's Hindu Nationalist Posters': Mulayam's Samajwadi Party

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Rashmun wrote:Days after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Mumbai put up nearly 50 posters of Narendra Modi, headlining his "I am a Hindu Nationalist" quote, a petition has asked for Mr Modi to be barred from elections, on grounds that the posters are "communal and divisive."

Samajwadi Party leader Abu Azmi today said he has offered this argument in letters to both the Election Commission and the Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court, and asked for a ban on the posters.

Earlier this month, in a controversial interview where he used an analogy of a puppy being run over to that of the 2002 communal riots in his state, Mr Modi, widely seen as the BJP's likely candidate for prime minister, had said, "I am nationalist. I'm patriotic. Nothing is wrong. I am born Hindu. Nothing is wrong. So I'm a Hindu nationalist." (Watch)

"Such banners divide communities, how can they come from a person who wants to be Prime Minister?" asked Mr Azmi.

The Allahbad HIgh Court has issued an injunction demanding the ruling Samajvadi party leaders in UP to not lead caste based communal rallies, which the UP Chief Minister and others (from Samajvadi party) have so far ignored.

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

'Ban Modi's Hindu Nationalist Posters': Mulayam's Samajwadi Party Empty Re: 'Ban Modi's Hindu Nationalist Posters': Mulayam's Samajwadi Party

Post by Guest Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Days after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Mumbai put up nearly 50 posters of Narendra Modi, headlining his "I am a Hindu Nationalist" quote, a petition has asked for Mr Modi to be barred from elections, on grounds that the posters are "communal and divisive."

The Allahbad HIgh Court has issued an injunction demanding the ruling Samajvadi party leaders in UP to not lead caste based communal rallies, which the UP Chief Minister and others (from Samajvadi party) have so far ignored.

caste rallies are different from communal rallies. Further, it was Mayawati (who used to be your favorite at one time) who was conducting most of the caste rallies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Muslims in India who criticize Modi for being a Hindu Nationalist should first let us know what they think of Jinnah's Muslim nationalism that resulted in the creation of Pakistan.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Rishi wrote:Muslims in India who criticize Modi for being a Hindu Nationalist should first let us know what they think of Jinnah's Muslim nationalism that resulted in the creation of Pakistan.

why? they are indians. their interest is in what happens in their country. let pakistanis worry about pakistan.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

caste rallies are different from communal rallies. Further, it was Mayawati (who used to be your favorite at one time) who was conducting most of the caste rallies.

According to the Allahbad High Court, caste rallies are communal rallies. There is no second guessing on that. Samajvadi party leadears (CM etc.) have ignored the HC ban on attending such rallies so far.
In any case, Samajwadi party politics is all communal to start with ... it promotes the caste and religion based quotas in education and jobs and is in favor of caste question in census.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:08 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rishi wrote:Muslims in India who criticize Modi for being a Hindu Nationalist should first let us know what they think of Jinnah's Muslim nationalism that resulted in the creation of Pakistan.

why? they are indians. their interest is in what happens in their country. let pakistanis worry about pakistan.

He was asking about Jinnah's nationalism that existed prior to the independence. remember at that time my muslim brothers and Jinnah sahib were all Indians.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

He was asking about Jinnah's nationalism that existed prior to the independence. remember at that time my muslim brothers and Jinnah sahib were all Indians.

they made a decision voluntarily or otherwise, to live in india. if they learned anything from history, it would be that partisanship based on religion resulted in a riven nation. so if anything they'd be fearful of modi's hindu nationalism.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:39 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

they made a decision voluntarily or otherwise, to live in india. if they learned anything from history, it would be that partisanship based on religion resulted in a riven nation. so if anything they'd be fearful of modi's hindu nationalism.

How do you know ?

How are you so sure?

So here is my 102% statement: if anything the Hindus are terrified on seeing the rise of iSlamic terrorism in India. If they are fearful of modi's hindu nationalism - it is about time they did, for he is their own creation by their ummaism.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:49 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

How do you know ?

How are you so sure?

So here is my 102% statement: if anything the Hindus are terrified on seeing the rise of iSlamic terrorism in India.  If they are fearful of modi's hindu nationalism - it is about time they did, for he is their own creation by their ummaism.

Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Thursday fired a fresh salvo at the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, alleging that the organisation gives training in making of bombs.

He told reporters that he was saying this on the basis of incidents that had taken place in the state in the past.

Singh said that when the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was in power in Madhya Pradesh in 1992, a bomb had exploded in the office of the RSS' Seva Bharati in Neemuch and one person was killed in it.

When the case in this connection was reopened after the Congress came to power in 1993, the Principal of a saffron-run school in Khargaon was arrested, he said.

The Congress general secretary said after a blast in Mhow in the state in 2004 those arrested had said that they were given training by the RSS in bomb making.

He said the BJP always supported fundamentalist organisations.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/rss-gives-training-in-making-of-bombs-digvijaya-singh/1146613/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Mulayam should quietly go and sit in jail for corruption.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Mulayam should quietly go and sit in jail for corruption.

Why single out Mulayam?

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-07-24/raipur/40771174_1_dr-charandas-mahant-coordinator-bhupesh-baghel-raman-singh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:18 pm

There was no ho and cry from BJP-ites
here when posters on commamders birthday was removed in India-occupied Tamilnadu

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:There was no ho and cry from BJP-ites
here when posters on commamders birthday was removed in India-occupied Tamilnadu

was your commander a Tamil Nadu citizen or was fighting for a free TN ? hm..?

Why should anyone in TN or Hindia care for YOUR killer commander's b'day.

why dont you arrange a celebration of your commanders death ? perhaps everyone will be glad to participate. I certainly will.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down