Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jj cale : after midnight and cocaine

2 posters

Go down

jj cale : after midnight and cocaine Empty jj cale : after midnight and cocaine

Post by bw Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:42 am

j.j. cale - the writer of "after midnight" and "cocaine" and several other songs made famous by other groups. he died last friday.

with eric clapton

bw

Back to top Go down

jj cale : after midnight and cocaine Empty Re: jj cale : after midnight and cocaine

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:40 pm

good man. i liked others' version of his songs better than his own. here's another cale song, a favorite of mine (ignore the incorrect spelling of the name of the band in the youtube video):

i think clapton did a whole album playing his songs with him two or three years ago.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

jj cale : after midnight and cocaine Empty Re: jj cale : after midnight and cocaine

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:53 pm

it was more than three years ago, my sense of time is totally whack. the road to escondido was recorded in 2006. here is an obit from the post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/grammy-winning-singer-songwriter-jj-cale-dies-at-74/2013/07/27/f1a99740-f6e8-11e2-aa2e-4088616498b4_story.html

i discovered cale as the songwriter behind many of clapton and lynyrd skynrd's hits only after coming stateside, although i had listened to many of his songs through clapton and LS in india.

this has been in my playlist for a while now.

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down