Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if India were not partitioned? A response to supporters of Partition

+2
MaxEntropy_Man
bw
6 posters

Go down

What if India were not partitioned?  A response to supporters of Partition Empty What if India were not partitioned? A response to supporters of Partition

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:25 pm

http://thesouthasianidea.wordpress.com/2008/09/27/what-if-india-were-not-partitioned/

Back to top Go down

What if India were not partitioned?  A response to supporters of Partition Empty Re: What if India were not partitioned? A response to supporters of Partition

Post by bw Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:31 pm

what if india were not partitioned?

imran khan, wasim akram and waqar younis would have played for india!

bw

Back to top Go down

What if India were not partitioned?  A response to supporters of Partition Empty Re: What if India were not partitioned? A response to supporters of Partition

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:34 pm

bw wrote:what if india were not partitioned?

a thought i've expressed often here, but i think at the risk of eliminating one of the great rivalries of the world, this can still be accomplished without political reunification. i just want their cricketers without all the other riffraff.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:40 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

a thought i've expressed often here, but i think at the risk of eliminating one of the great rivalries of the world, this can still be accomplished without political reunification. i just want their cricketers without all the other riffraff.

...but the "riffraff" was part of india just 70 years ago.

on another note, name the cricketers who've played for both india and pakistan.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:44 pm

bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i know, but the riffraff there has had a chance to evolve unimpeded by the civilizing effects of democracy, secularism, the rule of law etc.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i know, but the riffraff there has had a chance to evolve unimpeded by the civilizing effects of democracy, secularism, the rule of law etc.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 pm

bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

jahangir khan is surely one. did mohammad nissar every play for pak?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:49 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

jahangir khan is surely one. did mohammad nissar every play for pak?

no, neither of them represented pakistan.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Cricket wouldn't have been as exciting as it is now without the India-Pakistan matches, i guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:32 pm

Thank goodness we escaped bottletop. I wouldn't change a thing about Indain cricket history, good or bad. I can't fathom the the idea of  idiot Pakistanis wearing blue.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:35 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Thank goodness we escaped bottletop. I wouldn't change a thing about Indain cricket history, good or bad. I can't fathom the the idea of  idiot Pakistanis wearing blue.

Who invented reverse swing bowling? Who invented the doosra?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:28 am

Rashmun wrote:http://thesouthasianidea.wordpress.com/2008/09/27/what-if-india-were-not-partitioned/

Reasons #1, 2 and 5 are right on the money. Would have been a disaster for India overall, I think.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:45 am

Jai Hindu!

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:26 am

USA would have invaded India from Afghanistan to kill Osama bin Laden
Indians and Talibanis would be synonyms
India's economy would get a few billion $ boost from opium trade
Benajir Bhutto would be India's response to Diana's charm
Shariya Law festivities would be reality all across India

Telangana would then be a new state in Unified India after July 30 2013
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:15 am

southindian wrote:USA would have invaded India from Afghanistan to kill Osama bin Laden
Indians and Talibanis would be synonyms
India's economy would get a few billion $ boost from opium trade
Benajir Bhutto would be India's response to Diana's charm
Shariya Law festivities would be reality all across India

Telangana would then be a new state in Unified India after July 30 2013

There probably wouldn't have been A.P. Hyd state would've stayed intact.

Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad would've been more secular, Mumbai wouldn't have been financial capital. Pakistani side Punjabis & Sindhis would've dominated Bollywood (They still kinda do given majority of Bollywood families hail from Lahore)

Punjabi would've been national language, wait what about Bengali.

And yaa! southindian(s) as a group would've started another freedom struggle for a separate country.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:26 am

Rashmun wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Who invented reverse swing bowling? Who invented the doosra?

Soo... I'd rather have Malcolm Marshall in the team than these 3.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:35 am

if india were not partitioned, rashmun would have several more million bearded men to offer his ass to. he would have been constantly giddy like a homo in a bathhouse and never migrated to US.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:36 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:if india were not partitioned, rashmun would have several more million bearded men to offer his ass to. he would have been constantly giddy like a homo in a bathhouse and never migrated to US.

Propa reveals why his family disowned him for his constant usage of Fisherman Language. Propa's anger and frustration is palpable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down