Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many are happy for division

+4
indophile
confuzzled dude
Idéfix
The Absolute Zero
8 posters

Go down

How many are happy for division Empty How many are happy for division

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:42 am

Besides actually feeling bad for the entire state, how many are actually feeling good that the AP state will be divided for good? Some people still think that this won't work becuase it has to still pass thru parliament (and the rubber stamp); but that is not the question.

What about NRIs and people in other states like TN, Kerala, Karnataka?

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

How many are happy for division Empty Re: How many are happy for division

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:57 am

I am def'ly not the one who is happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:34 am

I called my parents last night. My mom congratulated me. I was surprised, because she was never a big advocate of bifurcation, and was happy with one state. I don't think she ever voted for TRS. She then told me, after all these years of needless taunts and insults, it feels good to win one. I understand that feeling.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:43 am

Brain washing! If they were really taunted and insulted, i don't know how they are going to stop with the formation of the new state. If anything, they are going to increase because of the anger.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:44 am

I think it is safe to say that majority of Telaganites are happy and majority of non-telanganites are unhappy.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:51 am

sounds to me they can just rename the state to telangana-andhra, and all will be happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:02 pm

It won't make any difference if it's business as usual and Telanganites don't start and redouble efforts to drive out coastal Andhra people and businesses by direct and indirect scare tactics, demanding protection money, and otherwise make Hyderabad and other places in Telangana unlivable for them. We will have to wait and see.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:04 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:sounds to me they can just rename the state to telangana-andhra, and all will be happy.

how abt telangana-rayalaseema-andhra? 

All this seems so petty!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:14 pm

indophile wrote:It won't make any difference if it's business as usual and Telanganites don't start and redouble efforts to drive out coastal Andhra people and businesses by direct and indirect scare tactics, demanding protection money, and otherwise make Hyderabad and other places in Telangana unlivable for them. We will have to wait and see.

I am trying to  understand the 'taunting and insulting' part here. So who were taunting the telanganites all these yrs? The non-telanganites in Hyderabad/telangana or the ones outside of hyderabad/telangana or both? 
If it is happening outside of telangana/hyd, how are they going to stop it now? In what way is the state's bifurcation going to help with stopping that?
 If it is happening within hyd/telangana, how are they going to stop it now? By terrorizing and driving out the non-telanganites? And they needed a separate state to do that? Looks like they are all geared up to do just that with whatever excuses they can find.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:25 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:Besides actually feeling bad for the entire state, how many are actually feeling good that the AP state will be divided for good? Some people still think that this won't work becuase it has to still pass thru parliament (and the rubber stamp); but that is not the question.

I'll be happy when they announce a hefty package for SA, build a better capital for SA than Hyd, bring 2 AIIMS, 2 IITs, 2 IIMs, etc., etc. (see my list on my CBN post) to SA. Hmm....

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:46 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:Besides actually feeling bad for the entire state, how many are actually feeling good that the AP state will be divided for good? Some people still think that this won't work becuase it has to still pass thru parliament (and the rubber stamp); but that is not the question.

Keral is at the maximum risk. Karnataka very slight risk of Konkan and Coorg breakups.

in TN, the loser politicians Dr. Thol. Thirmavalavan (VCK - formerly DPI), Dr. Ramdoss (of PMK - vanniar fame), and MMK (Muslim Munnetra kahagam - yeah rite...seriously) might whisper for some local autonomy, and will be hit hard by MK and JJ and the Thamizhans that their political career will be over.

The real danger is the anticipated fall out between Stalin (north) and Alagiri (south). But Alagiri himself is a Madras and moved to Madurai only recently and has plenty of looted property to his name in madras... They do have a High court bench in Madurai and there has been some proposals to make madural the Capital or at least joint capital. It is true that the South has been neglected for long...but with Coimbatore, Trichy, and even Salem-Namakkal corridor developing fast, madurai-Tirunelveli region is on the move.

But, (any) division of TN is remote, and if the center even contemplates any such hanky-panky, that will sow the seeds of center meddling and likely end up for total independence of TN from India - something the MT iT Mata and the ever-divisive cONcrass and the PiS hopefully realize.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:10 pm

Idéfix wrote:I called my parents last night. My mom congratulated me. I was surprised, because she was never a big advocate of bifurcation, and was happy with one state. I don't think she ever voted for TRS. She then told me, after all these years of needless taunts and insults, it feels good to win one. I understand that feeling.

Wonderful!
Andhraawaalo bhaago!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:26 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Idéfix wrote:I called my parents last night. My mom congratulated me. I was surprised, because she was never a big advocate of bifurcation, and was happy with one state. I don't think she ever voted for TRS. She then told me, after all these years of needless taunts and insults, it feels good to win one. I understand that feeling.

Wonderful!
Andhraawaalo bhaago!
Guruvu-gaaru, I know you are great at lateral thinking, but I don't understand how you arrive at this phenomenal leap.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:28 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Wonderful!
Andhraawaalo bhaago!
Guruvu-gaaru, I know you are great at lateral thinking, but I don't understand how you arrive at this phenomenal leap.

You were referring to taunts and insults. I thought I would post at least one expression that goes beyond.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Will Telangana continue to speak Telugu in future? I am not very familiar with Telangana main language or the offshoots. Anyone care to dig/research/post?

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:40 pm

I am not happy for the division. Nothing will change except the political segmentation and segregation of assets and people...same old crap served in two plates. All I care is about Tirupathi, anyways.

Also Telangana....sounds like Elegana and other southies will have to form a new name similar to telugu -gulute; and telengana -nagalete (nagalu leta?...no dowry...no jewelry) or elegana?! or something which rhymes better

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:46 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:Will Telangana continue to speak Telugu in future? I am not very familiar with Telangana main language or the offshoots. Anyone care to dig/research/post?
Was PV Narasimha Rao a Telugu? Was Potana a Telugu? How about C. Narayana Reddy and Dasarathi Krishnamacharyulu?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:51 pm

Idéfix wrote:
The Absolute Zero wrote:Will Telangana continue to speak Telugu in future? I am not very familiar with Telangana main language or the offshoots. Anyone care to dig/research/post?
Was PV Narasimha Rao a Telugu? Was Potana a Telugu? How about C. Narayana Reddy and Dasarathi Krishnamacharyulu?

Is any one of them an expert on Hyderabadi?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:51 pm

I think you're suffering from memory corruption and 100% cpu usage. Please reboot else may result into registry corruption. and yeah! don't forget to take a backup after successful reboot.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:51 pm

Also Tamil music will sing a gana for Telangana.

Telangana Telangana Nama Pada Porom Oru Gana

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:05 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

Is any one of them an expert on Hyderabadi?
PVNR and Dasarathi Krishnamacharyulu both were. I suspect Cinare too, but not sure. Here I quote Dasarathi: "నాకు ఉర్దూ తెలుగు రెండు కళ్ళు, ఈ రెండు కళ్ళతో అన్ని భాషలని చదవగలను."
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:08 pm

Telangana Telangana Nama Pada Porom Oru Gana
Sarithana Sarithana Indha Division-u Sarithana?
MaraPpena MaraPpena - Andhra Messa MaraPpena
Gongura KarathiLae KaramAnadhu Un Kanna
Oh.........Telangana....gana....Telangana!

Can't edit posts anymore?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:54 pm

I don't care one way or another.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:54 pm

I think - just like the Haryanvis dumped Punjabi for hindi - Telengana should dump Telugu for Urdu.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down