Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart Attack

4 posters

Go down

Heart Attack Empty Heart Attack

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Heart Attack Empty Re: Heart Attack

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Oh vidya bagchi, I couldn't go beyond the first few seconds. It was raining today where I live and it made me think of this song. I think you will like it:

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:30 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:Oh vidya bagchi, I couldn't go beyond the first few seconds. It was raining today where I live and it made me think of this song. I think you will like it:

looked at nagarjuna for two seconds and wondered how he used to turn me on more than 2 decades ago.

anyway, about the song, i care for lyrics in a song many times and this is telugu most likely, and this song doesn't have an outstanding music or visuals either. So ya, no likie... hope u had fun with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:38 pm

are you serious! this song has great music, the woman is screechy at a couple of parts but the visuals are great - it's not chaiya chaiya but there are little kids with umbrellas and trains and misty rivers. and nice choreography. i'm afraid you're too northindian to appreciate this song. I like it, it makes all bad things go away.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:14 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
looked at nagarjuna for two seconds and wondered how he used to turn me on more than 2 decades ago.

I didn't know nagarjuna existed until kinnera told me about him a few months ago. You were watching Tollywood movies two decades ago?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:16 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:are you serious! this song has great music, the woman is screechy at a couple of parts but the visuals are great - it's not chaiya chaiya but there are little kids with umbrellas and trains and misty rivers. and nice choreography. i'm afraid you're too northindian to appreciate this song. I like it, it makes all bad things go away.

Ya well. I don't think I am very north Indian. I am not very Indian either. Now back to the song, first of all, gotta admit, that thick mustache is a distraction, and what's with those hats? Then, it's a RAIN song that's supposed to be sensual, yes or no? I can't tell. If yes, where is the sari? You SIs will wear sari to play tennis, but when it comes to dancing in the rains, you will wear dresses or pants. Could have worn anything ethnic. I mean, where is the common sense? Also, dress change is supposed to denote a different date, so omg, they come out ewwry day to get soaked in the rain. Where again is the common sense? Now comes the dance moves, too jerky, nothing to appreciate there, stupid umbrella rolls notwithstanding. Music really is run of the mill, even for someone like me whose taste is supposed to be pedestrian. But I suppose you have some comfort factor related to this one, so will stop bringing it down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Ya well. I don't think I am very north Indian.
*cringe*

Vidya Bagchi wrote:I am not very Indian either.
(*cringe*) squared

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Bittu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

I didn't know nagarjuna existed until kinnera told me about him a few months ago. You were watching Tollywood movies two decades ago?

You never watched the original Shiva movie, the one with Amla? That's how I know him. And then there was that Criminal movie with Manisha Koirala, with my fave song, posted below. Then I knew him as Tabu's boyfriend. Now don't ask me who Amla, Manisha, Tabu?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:24 pm

Bittu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Ya well. I don't think I am very north Indian.
*cringe*

Vidya Bagchi wrote:I am not very Indian either.
(*cringe*) squared

arre...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
You never watched the original Shiva movie, the one with Amla? That's how I know him. And then there was that Criminal movie with Manisha Koirala, with my fave song, posted below. Then I knew him as Tabu's boyfriend. Now don't ask me who Amla, Manisha, Tabu?

Absolutely no idea who Amla is. Shiva what? Criminal really? Looks like you watched 90% Bollywood movies that were released and I watched 10%. That's the gap, Ms. I-am-not-very-Indian.

Ya of course I know Manisha and Tabu. Manisha in 1942 Love Story and Tabu in that terrorist movie with the good songs.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Bittu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Absolutely no idea who Amla is. Shiva what? Criminal really? Looks like you watched 90% Bollywood movies that were released and I watched 10%. That's the gap, Ms. I-am-not-very-Indian.

Ya of course I know Manisha and Tabu. Manisha in 1942 Love Story and Tabu in that terrorist movie with the good songs.

I never watched Criminal, I only like the song. Amla was in that silent movie Pushpak with Kamala Hassan.

K, about being very Indian, ya I like the movies I grew up with. So that way I am very indian, or North Indian, although I have never knew I am considered an NI too until I came to this country, never considered myself an NI. Same with food, religion, and dressing up. Indian.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Bittu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

oh bittu, amala is the girl in the song that I put up, the rain song that vidya thinks is lacking in everything! she's very pretty, but she talks she doesn't seem that bright. I've met her and I've met Hema Malini and her kids (they were so ugly then) and I've seen Salman Khan close up cuz we were waiting for the luggage at the carousel. He's very sweet-looking in real life but he's my height. ha ha. so I didn't bother saying hi.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:are you serious! this song has great music, the woman is screechy at a couple of parts but the visuals are great - it's not chaiya chaiya but there are little kids with umbrellas and trains and misty rivers. and nice choreography. i'm afraid you're too northindian to appreciate this song. I like it, it makes all bad things go away.

Ya well. I don't think I am very north Indian. I am not very Indian either. Now back to the song, first of all, gotta admit, that thick mustache is a distraction, and what's with those hats? Then, it's a RAIN song that's supposed to be sensual, yes or no? I can't tell. If yes, where is the sari? You SIs will wear sari to play tennis, but when it comes to dancing in the rains, you will wear dresses or pants. Could have worn anything ethnic. I mean, where is the common sense? Also, dress change is supposed to denote a different date, so omg, they come out ewwry day to get soaked in the rain. Where again is the common sense? Now comes the dance moves, too jerky, nothing to appreciate there, stupid umbrella rolls notwithstanding. Music really is run of the mill, even for someone like me whose taste is supposed to be pedestrian. But I suppose you have some comfort factor related to this one, so will stop bringing it down.

those caps are cute, I like their outfits, those two people look very nice together. the train scenes are nice, then they hang out in a stadium with a car, it's not supposed to be some kind of yucky, sticky situation, I think you need to put away that 50 shades of something book. real life is what my video depicts.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:13 pm

I am done reading 50 Shades of Grey. I am now on to 50 Shades Darker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
K, about being very Indian, ya I like the movies I grew up with. So that way I am very indian, or North Indian, although I have never knew I am considered an NI too until I came to this country, never considered myself an NI. Same with food, religion, and dressing up. Indian.

You are VERY North Indian. 100% cow belt north indian. If you don't see yourself as one - citizen of the world sort of thing - that's fine too.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

bagchi, seven, and bittu singh are some of the most northindian people i've come across in my life. 70% of my class mates at college during a five-year period were indians from outside southern india, but none of them was as northindian as these three.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:
70% of my class mates at college during a five-year period were indians from outside southern india, but none of them was as northindian as these three.

Hyphen Thambi strikes again. Choose the correct Yinglish:
1. class mates
2. classmates
3. class-mates

I figured by now you'll get a grip on your hyphen handicap but it hasn't happened. Can't teach an old dog new tricks...

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:57 pm

Pravu, I am with Ms Bagchi on this. That's a real crappy picturization of the song. If you want a real lively rain song that is well made, here's one from the movie, Geetanjali (the movie that gave life to Nagarjuna)

If you want a nice melodious romantic song of Nagarjuna, here's the one from the movie, Santosham:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Bittu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Ya, NAGARJUNA!!! *droool* 

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:49 am

uh, thanks kinnera, not my kind of songs though.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:11 am

pravalika nanda wrote:uh, thanks kinnera, not my kind of songs though.

Pravu, are you a Telangan? Is this a T vs SA thing?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:19 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

I don't know what the people living in telangana are called but maybe "telanganas" or "telangana prajalu" is more appropriate than "telangan." Charvaka would know best. Besides what do you care about the Ts and the SAs, isn't all this too dull for a brainiac like you?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:35 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

I don't know what the people living in telangana are called but maybe "telanganas" or "telangana prajalu" is more appropriate than "telangan." Charvaka would know best. Besides what do you care about the Ts and the SAs, isn't all this too dull for a brainiac like you?

Oh I've no idea of what cultural markers distinguish Ts from SAs, and was wondering if lust for Nagarjuna might be one such.

Brainiac? Me?? Thank you for your kindness, Pravu. You da best.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:53 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Oh I've no idea of what cultural markers distinguish Ts from SAs, and was wondering if lust for Nagarjuna might be one such.

Brainiac? Me?? Thank you for your kindness, Pravu. You da best.
oh, I ain't tellin' you nuthin. you stop being distracted by work and start paying attention to such stuff. Nagarjuna's just a good-looking guy, everyone likes him...but lusting, not so much. only kinnera feels that way. that guy's like a walking STD farm, he must've slept with about 200 women. okay, anyhow, ciao.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down