Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racial profiling

4 posters

Go down

Racial profiling Empty Racial profiling

Post by nevada Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:20 pm

Yesterday I got on a crowded train to be in time for a training meeting at work. I looked around at the seated passengers and stood next to a mixed race woman. I hoped she would step off at Oakland, a black dominated area. Sure enough, she did and I was able to have a seat for the last 15 min of my ride. Have you guys employed racial profiling or formed an initial opinion on someone based on their race?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Racial profiling Empty Re: Racial profiling

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:34 pm

nevada wrote:Yesterday I got on a crowded train to be in time for a training meeting at work. I looked around at the seated passengers and stood next to a mixed race woman. I hoped she would step off at Oakland, a black dominated area. Sure enough, she did and I was able to have a seat for the last 15 min of my ride. Have you guys employed racial profiling or formed an initial opinion on someone based on their race?

What racial profiling?? The Elite PiS gang ?....Naaaahhaaaaaaaaaaawww...

They dont even like profiling if someone is a male or female...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:04 pm

Racial profiling N6PRGpv
 Funny how I read this para a little after reading this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:19 pm

well, i don't drive but some guys in the family drive and they told me that if they see someone in a vw beetle or a prius they know they can cut in from them or be rude to them. that's why if you want respect on the road you have to drive an audi q5 in black preferbaly the non-hybrid or a bmw also in black. but my heart is set on a vw beetle, i wish i could drive it in a different color everyday - one day apple-green, another day orange, sometimes black. but even my mum says that's a little old lady's idea of a car. the good news: i don't need a car and the last time i was in the driver's seat was when i was 18. so there is such a thing as car-profiling which might be as useful as racial profiling in traffic situations.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:20 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Racial profiling N6PRGpv
whatcha reading, vij?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:29 am

pravalika nanda wrote:well, i don't drive but some guys in the family drive and they told me that if they see someone in a vw beetle or a prius they know they can cut in from them or be rude to them. that's why if you want respect on the road you have to drive an audi q5 in black preferbaly the non-hybrid or a bmw also in black. but my heart is set on a vw beetle, i wish i could drive it in a different color everyday - one day apple-green, another day orange, sometimes black. but even my mum says that's a little old lady's idea of a car. the good news: i don't need a car and the last time i was in the driver's seat was when i was 18. so there is such a thing as car-profiling which might be as useful as racial profiling in traffic situations.

who gave you this stupid(est) idea?

If you want respect on the road, then drive a twice beat up car - any model, preferably American.

Trust me...not a singe car (BMW, Merc, Audi, oHaiyooondai Verna) will mess with you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:32 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Racial profiling N6PRGpv
whatcha reading, vij?

Phiphty shades of phucked up... i mean grey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:51 pm

i am not sure that it is racial profiling. RP is usually is a discriminatory practice by law enforcement officials of targeting individuals for suspicion of crime based on the individual's race. what you described is perhaps bias in a weird way without a negative connotation, demographic in nature based on race.

Nevertheless, that happens a lot at work, esp when hiring for tech positions. there is a tendency to hire a certain race for such positions. good or bad, i don't know but no one seems to mind.

Have a wonderful weekend. I am hitting the beach.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Impedimenta wrote:i am not sure that it is racial profiling. RP is usually is a discriminatory practice by law enforcement officials of targeting individuals for suspicion of crime based on the individual's race. what you described is perhaps bias in a weird way without a negative connotation, demographic in nature based on race.

Nevertheless, that happens a lot at work, esp when hiring for tech positions. there is a tendency to hire a certain race for such positions. good or bad, i don't know but no one seems to mind.

Have a wonderful weekend. I am hitting the beach.

I hear people who are dancers have great bodies and naturally look fantastic in bikinis - not that I am profiling.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:well, i don't drive but some guys in the family drive and they told me that if they see someone in a vw beetle or a prius they know they can cut in from them or be rude to them. that's why if you want respect on the road you have to drive an audi q5 in black preferbaly the non-hybrid or a bmw also in black. but my heart is set on a vw beetle, i wish i could drive it in a different color everyday - one day apple-green, another day orange, sometimes black. but even my mum says that's a little old lady's idea of a car. the good news: i don't need a car and the last time i was in the driver's seat was when i was 18. so there is such a thing as car-profiling which might be as useful as racial profiling in traffic situations.

**my idea.

If you want respect on the road, then drive a twice beat up car - any model, preferably American.

Trust me...not a singe car (BMW, Merc, Audi, oHaiyooondai Verna) will mess with you.

**uppili, no one trusts you.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:14 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:

**my idea.

Your idea?.....ok....Just wanted to confirm in your words.

I am glad that everyone goes by facts and not just by trusting...

So what did you learn in today's rotation? your favorite Condyloma Acuminatum or your other favorite Vitiligo?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:15 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:

**my idea.

Your idea?.....ok....Just wanted to confirm in your words.

I am glad that everyone goes by facts and not just by trusting...

So what did you learn in today's rotation?  your favorite Condyloma Acuminatum or your other favorite Vitiligo?

** uppili, bitterness can kill you. try to relax, but sitting on that hydrocele will not help. get some exercise.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:32 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

** uppili, bitterness can kill you. try to relax, but sitting on that hydrocele will not help. get some exercise.

look who is talking...Razz

so you found a tall fair doctor?...Finally? and your bitterness is now resolved making you a qualified preacher? Or, you doing your Psych rotation now?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down