Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Telangana residents benefit from statehood?

+2
confuzzled dude
Idéfix
6 posters

Go down

Will Telangana residents benefit from statehood? Empty Will Telangana residents benefit from statehood?

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Here is a neat little summary of the issues and challenges.

http://asiafoundation.org/in-asia/2013/08/21/will-indias-telangana-residents-benefit-from-statehood/
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Will Telangana residents benefit from statehood? Empty Re: Will Telangana residents benefit from statehood?

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:31 pm

"Telangana currently relies on Andhra Pradesh’s Seemandhra region for much of its power and could face shortages if an arrangement between the states is not worked out."

Really! I thought it is the other way around.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Will Telangana residents benefit from statehood? Empty Re: Will Telangana residents benefit from statehood?

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Yeah, I thought the same because of the NTPC plant at Ramagundam.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Cd,
T areas gas also comes from andhra. Kadapa and north andhra provide lime and aluminium to hyd industries.
T area supplies coal.
I do not think it is sensible to either side to disrupt established economic activity.

If Sonia and mms chose statesmanship over dynasty, they could have announced t state with the caveat that such and such issues must be resolved under a representative negotiations. The argument all other issues are resolved after the division is meaningless. Once a t promise is made, t holds all the aces. Seemandhra has no leverage. This is what ignorant Sonia did, she put seemandhra at the mercy of kcr. Indira had a feel for people and Sonia had attitude.
Now seemandhra had go through so much suffering to survive this crisis.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:02 pm

truthbetold wrote:Cd,
T areas gas also comes from andhra. Kadapa and north andhra provide lime and aluminium to hyd industries.
T area supplies coal.
I do not think it is sensible to either side to disrupt established economic activity.

If Sonia and mms chose statesmanship over dynasty,  they could have announced t state with the caveat that such and such issues must be resolved under a representative negotiations. The argument all other issues are resolved after the division is meaningless. Once a t promise is made,  t holds all the aces. Seemandhra has no leverage. This is what ignorant Sonia did,  she put seemandhra at the mercy of kcr. Indira had a feel for people and Sonia had attitude.
Now seemandhra had go through so much suffering to survive this crisis.
It is gross mishandling, as much time as they have taken to make announcement they did diddly squat (they took 3+ years); one would've thought all these issues were discussed before hand.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:21 pm

Cd,
What surprises me is the lack of appreciation of what will happen once they announce. T state. As a party Congress is at peril in seemandhra which gave it many a victory.
They should shift digbijay from the scene. His brazen arrogant style is alienating people.
Delhi needs some one who can think fresh to advice them on how to deal with seemandhra.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:49 pm

NTPC and KTPS are units in serious trouble. most of the power I believe comes from the unit outside vijayawada and ofcourse nagarjuna sagar

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:54 pm

The real problem is - AP (-T) hasn't spent any time thinking about what next. They have been sleep-walking hoping that someone else will solve their problems. This inertia will eventually hurt the region. I hope Jagan won't win in AP and merge his party with CONs.

For Telangana, I think their politicians have done a great job until now. How they handle the new state in future, shouldn't worry AP. Hopefully, AP politicians will develop a business attitude towards T just as they will have towards Odisha, TN and Karnataka.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:40 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:The real problem is - AP (-T) hasn't spent any time thinking about what next. They have been sleep-walking hoping that someone else will solve their problems. This inertia will eventually hurt the region. I hope Jagan won't win in AP and merge his party with CONs.

For Telangana, I think their politicians have done a great job until now. How they handle the new state in future, shouldn't worry AP. Hopefully, AP politicians will develop a business attitude towards T just as they will have towards Odisha, TN and Karnataka.
Yes..yes...but give them time...they will suffer and then learn. After all, they are not Thambis - to be naturally talented.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down