Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pommies peed on pitch

5 posters

Go down

Pommies peed on pitch Empty Pommies peed on pitch

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Apparently, Broad, KP & Anderson celebrated Ashes victory by urinating on the pitch.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Pommies peed on pitch Empty Re: Pommies peed on pitch

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:32 pm

what a far cry these a-holes are from the likes of dravid & laxman! blot on the august traditions of the sport.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:39 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:what a far cry these a-holes are from the likes of dravid & laxman! blot on the august traditions of the sport.
Even Punter or Clarke wouldn have acted dignified, me thinks. Did they do resort to such antics when they whitewashed pommies!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:41 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:what a far cry these a-holes are from the likes of dravid & laxman! blot on the august traditions of the sport.
Even Punter or Clarke wouldn have acted dignified, me thinks. Did they do resort to such antics when they whitewashed pommies!
you are right, but for me nobody personifies the majesty of test cricket like messers dravid, laxman, and kumble. i measure anyone else before them or after them against the three of them.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:47 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Apparently, Broad, KP & Anderson celebrated Ashes victory by urinating on the pitch.
I feel sorry for the pitch. Between English weather and Englishmen it is constantly getting rained on.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:52 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Apparently, Broad, KP & Anderson celebrated Ashes victory by urinating on the pitch.
I feel sorry for the pitch. Between English weather and Englishmen it is constantly getting rained on.
Smile cold and warm showers I guess.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:05 pm

I recently watched highlights of WI Vs Eng and WI vs Aus test matches from 1984 - when the WI were at their rampaging best. One thing I observed from these highlights was the absence of over the top celebrations or send offs after the fall of wickets. WI were basically wiping the floor with their opponents but never acted like jerks. Marshall, Holding, Garner etc would quietly go about their business after dismissing batsmen. Similarly, Willis, Rackemann, Lawson etc did their work in a calm and quiet fashion. The pathetic behavior of current cricketers makes even cricket fans cringe. Peeing on the pitch is about as crazy as it gets. What are these jokers gonna do next - take a dump?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:17 pm

nevada wrote:
I recently watched highlights of WI Vs Eng and WI vs Aus test matches from 1984 - when the WI were at their rampaging best. One thing I observed from these highlights was the absence of over the top celebrations or send offs after the fall of wickets. WI were basically wiping the floor with their opponents but never acted like jerks. Marshall, Holding, Garner etc would quietly go about their business after dismissing batsmen. Similarly, Willis, Rackemann, Lawson etc did their work in a calm and quiet fashion. The pathetic behavior of current cricketers makes even cricket fans cringe. Peeing on the pitch is about as crazy as it gets. What are these jokers gonna do next - take a dump?
This is not unique to cricket, you will notice similar disparities between eras in NFL too. Barry Sanders was all about business, players these days act as if they conquered the world when they score a TD.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:38 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
That is a good one, gc.

Cd,
there were some exuberant celebrations in the past too. Ikki shuffle and greenbay players jumping into stands etc.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down