Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

!$#@& domestic US airlines

5 posters

Go down

!$#@& domestic US airlines Empty !$#@& domestic US airlines

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:53 am

I usually travel with only a cabin bag but this time I did some shopping and got hit with a $25 fee for the check-in bag. Frikkin thieves...

!$#@& domestic US airlines Cartoons05
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

!$#@& domestic US airlines Empty Re: !$#@& domestic US airlines

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:00 am

that's this time. on your next visit you'll be docked a fee when you want to visit the loo. also included in future attractions, standing travel on short flights in the economy class. sitting tickets will be rebranded business class.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:22 am

I think southwest is the only one, or one of the few, that charges no fee. I did only one checking bag and dumped all restricted (in the plane) items in that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:26 am

After thought questions: since when u been in the us and where all will you be in the us and how come you didn't tell in advance and where and when did you eat the surmai stuff and how come only gc gets to meet you in Bangalore and not us in the us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:43 am

Oh I was only there for 3 days, in NYC and Boston, and got back home for the weekend. The surmai fry was after I got back, on Satday night.

I did think of meeting you folks but had only one evening free, on the very first day. But I had just recovered from a flu and the long flt had left me exahusted, so had an early dinner (thai Wink ) and just crashed. Anyway, there's always a next time.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:59 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:I usually travel with only a cabin bag but this time I did some shopping and got hit with a $25 fee for the check-in bag. Frikkin thieves...

You didn't know about the check in bag fee before this?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:42 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:that's this time. on your next visit you'll be docked a fee when you want to visit the loo. also included in future attractions, standing travel on short flights in the economy class. sitting tickets will be rebranded business class.
Ryanair (or was it easyJet) was experimenting with half-standing accommodations as well as charging for loos.

I actually like the unbundling of prices -- which is what this is all about. Base prices have fallen significantly from the levels they were at when I first came to the US, and the airlines are making that up in all sorts of hidden fees. The driver of the trend is internet price-comparison sites.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:43 pm

charvaka wrote:Ryanair (or was it easyJet) was experimenting with half-standing accommodations as well as charging for loos.

What do you mean by half-standing accommodations?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 pm

SomeProfile wrote:
charvaka wrote:Ryanair (or was it easyJet) was experimenting with half-standing accommodations as well as charging for loos.

What do you mean by half-standing accommodations?
Something like crouching... see here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1291103/Ryanair-sell-standing-room-tickets-4--funded-charging-passengers-use-toilet.html
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down