Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idefix, Vaka, and other Telugus can learn from Hari Krishna MP about Telugu patriotism

5 posters

Go down

Idefix, Vaka, and other Telugus can learn from Hari Krishna MP about Telugu patriotism Empty Idefix, Vaka, and other Telugus can learn from Hari Krishna MP about Telugu patriotism

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:28 am

But a defiant Harikrishna continued in Telugu, saying, “Asking me to speak in English or Hindi is an insult not only to me but for the entire Telugu speaking people”.

He said dramatically: “Oh God, What a sad day for Andhra Pradesh. ... nobody is there to translate the speech in Parliament.”

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Idefix, Vaka, and other Telugus can learn from Hari Krishna MP about Telugu patriotism Empty Re: Idefix, Vaka, and other Telugus can learn from Hari Krishna MP about Telugu patriotism

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:41 am

Please translate this video from Telugu to English. He is really angry that not allowed to speak in Telugu. I thought he is going to beat up the acting speaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llPdep63RZE

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Idefix, Vaka, and other Telugus can learn from Hari Krishna MP about Telugu patriotism Empty Re: Idefix, Vaka, and other Telugus can learn from Hari Krishna MP about Telugu patriotism

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:58 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:But a defiant Harikrishna continued in Telugu, saying, “Asking me to speak in English or Hindi is an insult not only to me but for the entire Telugu speaking people”.

He said dramatically: “Oh God, What a sad day for Andhra Pradesh. ... nobody is there to translate the speech in Parliament.”
You have a point. Telugu is second only to Hindi in the number of people that speak the language in India. So, whether he informs the chair or not, the chair should have a translator ready in the house just as he might be having in the case of English and Hindi.

However, Mr Harikrishna's address is to the people of AP. I don't think he cares if anyone in parliament follows him. In fact, the drama in the house will be viewd by the Telugus in AP in a way that Mr. Harikrishna fulfills his objective - to get votes in the next election.

He did make some important points - that the majority of people in AP are ignored by Sonia Gandhi and Congress party while making a decision to divide the state; he says that if one eye weeps and the other smiles, is that normal, etc..... He is asking if these are acceptable in a democracy.

The chair is a crony of CONmen and his behavior won't be liked by coastal Andhras. NTR in the past evoked Andhra pride and his son is trying the same with this episode. NTR called his party "Telugu Desam party" with a purpose. CONmen should know that if the agitation in Andhra gets out of control, and Sonia persists with her selfish moves just to install her moronic son as the PM, people of Andhra may start demanding to separate from India. It is the people, not politicians, that are spontaneously agitating in Andhra. If I were Sonia, I would worry.

(Interestingly, his speech was not shown on any main TV channels or discussed in national news papers. So, not many people seem to be aware of it.)

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:31 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Telugu is second only to Hindi in the number of people that speak the language in India. So, whether he informs the chair or not, the chair should have a translator ready in the house just as he might be having in the case of English and Hindi.

However, Mr Harikrishna's address is to the people of AP. I don't think he cares if anyone in parliament follows him. In fact, the drama in the house will be viewd by the Telugus in AP in a way that Mr. Harikrishna fulfills his objective - to get votes in the next election.

CONmen should know that if the agitation in Andhra gets out of control, and Sonia persists with her selfish moves just to install her moronic son as the PM, people of Andhra may start demanding to separate from India. It is the people, not politicians, that are spontaneously agitating in Andhra. If I were Sonia, I would worry.

(Interestingly, his speech was not shown on any main TV channels or discussed in national news papers. So, not many people seem to be aware of it.)
I am surprised that even AP media didn't broadcast his speech on TV. How come?

He should have demanded the Chair to have a translator. How else would the non Telugu-speakers learn of the sentiments of the majority of APites?

My mother's close friend is from AP who is against bifurcation and claims that it would be an insult to call that part Telangana. Urdana would be calling it like it is.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:34 pm

Vp,
If I were Sonia, I not capable of feeling the soul of India. If I were mms, I am opposed to bifurcation of ap but cannot overcome sonia's calculations.
Sonia, digvijay and Congress made a huge mistake. They could not sense the deep and wide ordinary people reaction from seemandhra. Since ap always came back to Congress, sonia's handler's are still arrogantly believing that after few days or months they can grab power in ap.
they assumed tdp and cbn as the sole opposition. They discounted people. Now people surprised them. Can the people deliver an election shock? It will be too late but Sonia and her advisers may realize how foolish they were in 2014.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:16 am

goodcitizn wrote:

He should have demanded the Chair to have a translator. How else would the non Telugu-speakers learn of the sentiments of the majority of APites?

My mother's close friend is from AP who is against bifurcation and claims that it would be an insult to call that part Telangana. Urdana would be calling it like it is.
Why would they? Seemandhra folks doing alright without these opportunistic dudes. It's not like he is a well respected politician in AP; after all he is living on his father's laurels and want to cash in on the situation.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:53 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Why would they? Seemandhra folks doing alright without these opportunistic dudes. It's not like he is a well respected politician in AP; after all he is living on his father's laurels and want to cash in on the situation.
Cd is right. Leaders who live under their father's shadow do not deserve respect. Those that swindle state to the tune of thousands of crores deserve even less. Leaders. Like harikrishna and jagan reddy must not be allowed to cash in on the situation.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:12 am

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Cd is right. Leaders who live under their father's shadow do not deserve respect.  Those that swindle state to the tune of thousands of crores deserve even less. Leaders. Like harikrishna and jagan reddy must not be allowed to cash in on the situation.
Leaders? who? Harikrishna!

BTW, I do not particularly care much about these hunger strikes by the politicians because everyone knows that they're not going to let them perish.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down