Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vb - story songs

Go down

vb - story songs Empty vb - story songs

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:39 pm

Vb,
since you post both stories and songs, you can add visual touch to your stories by injecting some contextual songs in your stories. That was popular on radio in India few decades ago.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

vb - story songs Empty Re: vb - story songs

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:29 pm

truthbetold wrote:Vb,
since you post both stories and songs,  you can add visual touch to your stories by injecting some contextual songs in your stories. That was popular on radio in India few decades ago.
good idea, tbt.

The prob is, I write stories mostly when I am stressed, and/or seek some clarification in my head. So I create characters, or write about someone real, then I create tragedies around them. In the process I cry a lot. Then I find some sorta resolution within myself, by either forgiving the characters in the story, or finding some sense or peace within myself. Most of the time though, I reach this stage somewhere midway in my story, and I don't continue it. If I finish the story and am still restless, I start another.

Anyway, by giving that background, what I meant was that I don't have the composition, discipline, organization, and artistic bend or motivation of a real writer. So I find it hard to intersperse it with songs, etc. Coz by the time I will go to youtube to find the relevant song, I will lose my thought and continuity, and interest as well. If I am too overcome with emotions, I write something that looks like a poem or a song and add that in my narrative. But that's rare.

Having blabbered all this, wanted to ask. Do you read my stories? Never saw you commenting on any of those. Any particular one you liked?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:55 pm

Vb,
I taught driving to few youngsters in my family. In some of these efforts there are moments i felt the teenager is going to kill me by getting into an accident. The kids later told me that they thought they are hopeless. By the end of second week, both of us feel we turned a corner for better. They are all decent drivers now.
the point is learning is not easy. Persistence and a habit of learning from mistakes will allow you to develop into a good writer. Creativity must be combined with discipline to produce quality writing.
I have very limited time during weekdays and I am a political junkie. So I waste my time on those topics. I do occassionally read other posts. I am not particularly good in dealing with human emotions. Hence limited commentary.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down