Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taboulleh Salad

Go down

Taboulleh Salad  Empty Taboulleh Salad

Post by Impedimenta Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:06 pm

I saw the recipe in some cookbook and made it for a cook out a few weeks back. Got some amazing feedback and i started making it at home more often becuase my kids and husband love it as well. I just sent an email with the recipe and thought i'll share it here, in case anyone wants to try this out. i bought the bulghur wheat in a local farmer's market/speciality food store.

Ingredients:

1  ½ cup of fresh parsley (1 1/2 cup chopped, with stems discarded)
2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped (optional)
I medium onion, finely chopped
1 medium tomato, diced
1 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup bulghur wheat, medium grade
1 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup  extra virgin olive oil

1.       Soak the bulghar wheat for half hour, then bring to a boil, simmer for five minutes, drain and let cool
2.       Chop the parsley and discard the stems. Then, wash the parsley and drain in a colander to remove excess moisture.
3.       Squeeze lemons to yield one cup of lemon juice. Add 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Salt to taste
4.       Chop scallion greens and finely chop the onion and tomato
5.       Mix the parsley, onion, tomato, bulghar wheat and mint in a non-reactive bowl (plastic or ceramic).
6.       Add the lemon juice and olive oil mixture, toss the salad and chill for a least 6 hours.
7.       Toss and serve.

These measurements are approximate, and feel free to make adjustments to obtain your preference.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down