Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jnanapeeth.award winner anant murthy - i will not live in india if modi gets elected as pm

+9
smArtha
southindian
Propagandhi711
Merlot Daruwala
Seva Lamberdar
garam_kuta
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
truthbetold
13 posters

Go down

jnanapeeth.award winner anant murthy - i will not live in india if modi gets elected as pm Empty jnanapeeth.award winner anant murthy - i will not live in india if modi gets elected as pm

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:33 pm

What an arrogant statement!
Should Indians decide their future by listening to a guy who has no sense of proportions?
An ordinary Indian would not a get a chance to not live in India for any reason. This guy because he got name threatens fellow citizens to vote his way or he will abandon his country.
India should take his jnanapeeth award and send him to some place without allowing him to come back.
the right way is to work with people to modify their views to what he thinks is the right way.
I hate these arrogant writers who think they are more important than the nation and its people.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

jnanapeeth.award winner anant murthy - i will not live in india if modi gets elected as pm Empty Re: jnanapeeth.award winner anant murthy - i will not live in india if modi gets elected as pm

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:50 pm

send him to pakisaitan. no regrets.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

jnanapeeth.award winner anant murthy - i will not live in india if modi gets elected as pm Empty Re: jnanapeeth.award winner anant murthy - i will not live in india if modi gets elected as pm

Post by Kris Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:01 am

truthbetold wrote:What an arrogant statement!
Should Indians decide their future by listening to a guy who has no sense of proportions?
An ordinary Indian would not a get a chance to not live in India for any reason. This guy because he got name threatens fellow citizens to vote his way or he will abandon his country.
India should take his jnanapeeth award and send him to some place without allowing him to come back.
the right way is to work with people to modify their views to what he thinks is the right way.
I hate these arrogant writers who think they are more important than the nation and its people.
>>>Yeah, I don't understand this self-importance.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:12 am

didn't kamala haasan say the same thing, just a few months back ?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:17 am

garam_kuta wrote:didn't kamala haasan say the same thing, just a few months back ?
>>>I guess the sentiment is making the rounds. If they come here, I am leaving this country. I too am important, you know in my own way. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:14 am

garam_kuta wrote:didn't kamala haasan say the same thing, just a few months back ?
Kamala hasan will sell any of his "principle" for a couple of nights with a 20 yr old.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:40 pm

India probably will be better off without him, Modi or no Modi as the P.M.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:52 am

truthbetold wrote:Should Indians decide their future by listening to a guy who has no sense of proportions?
Your rhetorical question is a strawman. He's only spoken for himself. What others do is their business.

truthbetold wrote:An ordinary Indian would not a get a chance to not live in India for any reason.
What an arrogant statement! You left India so you're now an extraordinary Indian??

truthbetold wrote:This guy because he got name threatens fellow citizens to vote his way or he will abandon his country.
That's only your interpretation. I only see a rhetorical statement, no different from how liberals in the US keep threatening to move to Canada any time the GOP looks like it'll win an election. That evokes laughter and derision, so why is this so threatening to you??

truthbetold wrote:India should take his jnanapeeth award and send him to some place without allowing him to come back.
Yeah right. People you disagree with, who you hate or view as arrogant should not be allowed to keep any of the awards they get for their talent and accomplishments. Indians and the Indian government should listen to you, the epitome of good sense and of course, modesty.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:07 am

Merlot,
Your intellectual dishonesty is once again on display.
Economic migration is a normal part of human life. You intentionally confuse that with anant murthy's arrogance.
I myself oppose Modi. So my problem is not his opposition to any Modi or any political philosophy. As I pointed out, and you fail to acknowledge, my opposition is to use abandoning once native land in reaction to a political question. As liberals in us do, this is arrogant grandstanding.
If he wants to fight he should stand up and voice his opposition in his native land.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:17 am

truthbetold wrote:Merlot,
Economic migration is a normal part of human life. You intentionally confuse that with anant murthy's arrogance.
I myself oppose Modi. So my problem is not his opposition to any Modi or any political philosophy. As I pointed out,  and you fail to acknowledge,  my opposition is to use abandoning once native land in reaction to a political question. As liberals in us do,  this is arrogant grandstanding.
If he wants to fight he should stand up and voice his opposition in his native land.
Ok Shaktimaan, I get it. Economic migration is normal but political migration is arrogant grandstanding. Anantha Murthy is arrogant and India should strip him of his Jnanpeeth Award because you say so. And I'm the one who is intellectually dishonest.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:42 am

this commie fuck needs to go to china and live there in the land of unprecedented freedoms

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:22 am

If Anantmurthy leaves India after Modi becomes PM then I along with rest of India will miss miss him... a lot for 1 and a half days. India and I will then be fine.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:49 am

So now UR joins Amitava Ghosh and Amartya Sen in the 'save us from Modi campaign'. I wonder why none of these 'secular-intellectuals' question Rajiv and Congress for the 1984 Sikh Riots. They should already be staying out of India going by that yard stick.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:55 am

smArtha wrote:So now UR joins Amitava Ghosh and Amartya Sen in the 'save us from Modi campaign'. I wonder why none of these 'secular-intellectuals' question Rajiv and Congress for the 1984 Sikh Riots. They should already be staying out of India going by that yard stick.
well because our urban(e) intellectuals are copy cats of the western libbies. western libs like to threaten leaving the country every few years? sounds good, let's do the same and get some press coverage. westerners like to hold candle light vigil? let's do the same even though that tradition is steeped in christianity and has no relevance to india.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:06 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
smArtha wrote:So now UR joins Amitava Ghosh and Amartya Sen in the 'save us from Modi campaign'. I wonder why none of these 'secular-intellectuals' question Rajiv and Congress for the 1984 Sikh Riots. They should already be staying out of India going by that yard stick.
well because our urban(e) intellectuals are copy cats of the western libbies. western libs like to threaten leaving the country every few years? sounds good, let's do the same and get some press coverage. westerners like to hold candle light vigil? let's do the same even though that tradition is steeped in christianity and has no relevance to india.
>>> I wonder if any ever did.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:10 am

Kris wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
>>> I wonder if any ever did.
baldwin did visit canada and france for a few days after bush was reelected in '04.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:well because our urban(e) intellectuals are copy cats of the western libbies. western libs like to threaten leaving the country every few years? sounds good, let's do the same and get some press coverage. westerners like to hold candle light vigil? let's do the same even though that tradition is steeped in christianity and has no relevance to india.
I never got the rationale of Candlelight Vigil thing too. Didn't we already innovate many non-violent and yet forceful modes of protests viz. morchas, bhook hartals, jail bharo, raasta roko etc.? And the united/bifurcation groups in Andhra recently introduced more variants too - cooking/bathing/sleeping on roadsides. All these modes display more activism than the Candle Vigil which is only a notch above the arm-chair one.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:39 am

smArtha wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:well because our urban(e) intellectuals are copy cats of the western libbies. western libs like to threaten leaving the country every few years? sounds good, let's do the same and get some press coverage. westerners like to hold candle light vigil? let's do the same even though that tradition is steeped in christianity and has no relevance to india.
I never got the rationale of Candlelight Vigil thing too. Didn't we already innovate many non-violent and yet forceful modes of protests viz. morchas, bhook hartals, jail bharo, raasta roko etc.? And the united/bifurcation groups in Andhra recently introduced more variants too - cooking/bathing/sleeping on roadsides. All these modes display more activism than the Candle Vigil which is only a notch above the arm-chair one.
Amen to that.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:15 pm

smArtha wrote:
it's probably perceived as being more civilized than the masses that are involved in other forms of democratic expressions that have a way of turning into property destruction. agree with your assessment of the ineffectualness of kebab munching urban indians in securing change

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:20 pm

what is this kebab munching urban indian? i thought you are the non-veg expert on such.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:25 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:what is this kebab munching urban indian? i thought you are the non-veg expert on such.
I assume urban dwelling indians eat far more kebabs than I do. I find ground meat unappealing

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Merlot,
I myself oppose Modi. So my problem is not his opposition to any Modi or any political philosophy. As I pointed out,  and you fail to acknowledge,  my opposition is to use abandoning once native land in reaction to a political question. As liberals in us do,  this is arrogant grandstanding.
Ok Shaktimaan, I get it. Economic migration is normal but political migration is arrogant grandstanding. Anantha Murthy is arrogant and India should strip him of his Jnanpeeth Award because you say so. And I'm the one who is intellectually dishonest.
merlot,
your mental gyrations do not make your arguments anymore valid. murthy lost the right to j award when he decided to diss Indian people by abandoning them. What i suggested is an idea for people to think about. if murthy leaves India and people demand it, he should lose j award.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
I like these westerners, whatever you might call them. I hope they carried out their threats.

jnanapeeth.award winner anant murthy - i will not live in india if modi gets elected as pm Captur11

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/people-moving-to-canada-because-of-obamacare
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:35 pm

A famous writer who hated American ways was once asked why he continued to live in his high rise apartment in New York instead of moving to some other country.

His answer- "the world over there is more americanized than America."

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
I like these westerners, whatever you might call them. I hope they carried out their threats.

jnanapeeth.award winner anant murthy - i will not live in india if modi gets elected as pm Captur11

and this is supposed to disprove which point?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

That liberals have particular ownership of the stupid notion of emigrating based on a political result. For more, look at your statement/question I highlighted above.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

That liberals have particular ownership of the stupid notion of emigrating based on a political result. For more, look at your statement/question I highlighted above.
where did I say liberals have a particular ownership of this stupid notion?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

where did I say liberals have a particular ownership of this stupid notion?
Look up above.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:35 am

Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Haha..I didn't know this is now a bipartisan tactic. Quite hilarious that someone would move to Canada over Obamacare. From the frying pan into the fire??
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:49 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:this commie fuck needs to go to china and live there in the land of unprecedented freedoms
I second that. The fucking thing is that no other country will give any fucks about anything this fuck says or does. India is the only place where he can get any attention or make a living.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:11 pm

.....Modi will be Modi. He will be very efficient, will govern really well....He will see that trains will run on time," Mr Ananthamurthy said, also comparing the BJP leader to former Congress Prime Ministers Jawaharlal nehru and Indira Gandhi.

An unfazed Mr Ananthamurty told NDTV at his Bangalore residence today, "I stand by my sentence with a modification: I don't want to live in a world where Modi is Prime Minister."

Avan yenna Loosa ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down