Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pakistan versus America: We are not all that different

3 posters

Go down

Pakistan versus America: We are not all that different Empty Pakistan versus America: We are not all that different

Post by Rishi Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:53 pm

A poorly managed country is the one that runs deficits year after year. By that account, the US and Pakistan are not much different. Both have run deficits for years. So, why is the US the land of opportunity and Pakistan is labelled as a financial basket case?

Why is it then, that the two countries have substantially different reputations?
The answer perhaps lies in the willingness of others to continue offering debt to cover one’s shortfalls. Globally, lenders remain willing to lend even more funds to the United States. China alone holds $1.2 trillion of the US debt, which is more than the US debt held by the US households ($959 billion).
So let me try to answer the riddle once again. A poorly managed country is not the one that runs fiscal deficits year after year. It's the one that others refuse to lend to. Otherwise, Pakistan and the US are not all that different.

http://dawn.com/news/1050094/pakistan-versus-america-we-are-not-all-that-different

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Pakistan versus America: We are not all that different Empty Re: Pakistan versus America: We are not all that different

Post by Kris Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:52 am

Rishi wrote:A poorly managed country is the one that runs deficits year after year. By that account, the US and Pakistan are not much different. Both have run deficits for years. So, why is the US the land of opportunity and Pakistan is labelled as a financial basket case?

Why is it then, that the two countries have substantially different reputations?
The answer perhaps lies in the willingness of others to continue offering debt to cover one’s shortfalls. Globally, lenders remain willing to lend even more funds to the United States. China alone holds $1.2 trillion of the US debt, which is more than the US debt held by the US households ($959 billion).
So let me try to answer the riddle once again. A poorly managed country is not the one that runs fiscal deficits year after year. It's the one that others refuse to lend to. Otherwise, Pakistan and the US are not all that different.

http://dawn.com/news/1050094/pakistan-versus-america-we-are-not-all-that-different
>>>ROFL!

Kris

Back to top Go down

Pakistan versus America: We are not all that different Empty Re: Pakistan versus America: We are not all that different

Post by Rishi Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Kris wrote:
Rishi wrote:A poorly managed country is the one that runs deficits year after year. By that account, the US and Pakistan are not much different. Both have run deficits for years. So, why is the US the land of opportunity and Pakistan is labelled as a financial basket case?

>>>ROFL!
>>> The idiot who wrote this is an highly placed academic.

Murtaza Haider, Ph.D. is the Associate Dean of research and graduate programs at the Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University in Toronto.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:37 pm

Rishi wrote:>>> The idiot who wrote this is an highly placed academic.

Murtaza Haider, Ph.D. is the Associate Dean of research and graduate programs at the Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University in Toronto.

Is he?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:45 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Rishi wrote:>>> The idiot who wrote this is an highly placed academic.

Is he?
>>> I have no idea. I could be wrong.

I saw the words Associate Dean and I assumed it is a high position in the academic world.

Btw is that school a diploma mill?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down