Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking Away From Islam

2 posters

Go down

Walking Away From Islam Empty Walking Away From Islam

Post by Rishi Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:27 pm

http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=33591

Mirza: I was born in a traditional Muslim family of Bangladesh. My parents were devout Muslims and their mother tongue was Bengali. In my early childhood days, I was attending religious education every morning (6-8 am) in the Maktab (religious school in the Mosque) before I went to primary school of general education at 10 AM. There in the Maktab I learned all those Suras/rules/methods required to observe five time prayers, and also learned reading the Qur’an in Arabic. However, I never understood the meaning of any word of the Qur’an or Suras, which used to bother me very much.

I was proud and happy to be a born Muslim since I learned from Mullahs/seniors that Islam is the ultimate truth and the best religion in the whole world. The Qur’an is the infallible word of Allah, who loves only the religion Islam, and all other religions are simply false and bad; they all are “Kafirs” and destined to go to hell.

Among the peoples of the entire world, Muslims are impeccable human beings, and Allah only loves Muslims. Only Muslims are supposed to go to heaven and nobody else can enter the gate of heaven. Also, I learned from the Maulanas and Mullahs that—someday the entire world will be converted to Islam, by the master plan of Allah. Although, Mullahs told me that Allah loves Muslims or religious persons—I could never see the proper reflection of that in real life. If Allah really loves Muslims, then how could he not see distress/sufferings of the poor Muslims? One thing that was very strange to me was the fact that religion and poverty go hand in hand. I mean, poor peoples are always very deeply religious, and the rich and affluent are mostly liberal or non-religious.

During the Bangalis freedom struggle in 1971, I was shocked to discover that almost 95% of Islamists (Islamic clerics—mullahs, maulanas, Qari, Hafez, Madrassah students) were generally supporting the Pakistani Military Junta in their cruel suppression of the Bengalese freedom movement. They were killing Bangalee men, women, and children (mostly Hindus minorities) by the thousands daily throughout the country, burned thousands of homes, raped thousands of Bangalee women and looted their properties in the name of saving Islam. “Save Pakistan to save Islam” was their slogan. These fanatic Mullahs used to capture young Bangali girls (Mainly Hindus and also Muslims) and supply them to those Pakistani soldiers as Islamic booty (sex slaves) for their service to protecting Islam.

The Islamists and Mullahs told me: “it is the sacred duty for the Muslims to kill kafirs. Hindus are kafirs therefore it is our duty to kill them.” I asked him if it is written in the Qur’an or hadiths to kill Hindus. The Mullah replied: yes. At that time, it was not possible to verify the Mullah’s assertion since I did not understand a word of Arabic and there was no translated Qur’an available to me.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Walking Away From Islam Empty Re: Walking Away From Islam

Post by rawemotions Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:31 pm

Rishi wrote:http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=33591

Mirza: I was born in a traditional Muslim family of Bangladesh. My parents were devout Muslims and their mother tongue was Bengali. In my early childhood days, I was attending religious education every morning (6-8 am) in the Maktab (religious school in the Mosque) before I went to primary school of general education at 10 AM. There in the Maktab I learned all those Suras/rules/methods required to observe five time prayers, and also learned reading the Qur’an in Arabic. However, I never understood the meaning of any word of the Qur’an or Suras, which used to bother me very much.

I was proud and happy to be a born Muslim since I learned from Mullahs/seniors that Islam is the ultimate truth and the best religion in the whole world. The Qur’an is the infallible word of Allah, who loves only the religion Islam, and all other religions are simply false and bad; they all are “Kafirs” and destined to go to hell.

Among the peoples of the entire world, Muslims are impeccable human beings, and Allah only loves Muslims. Only Muslims are supposed to go to heaven and nobody else can enter the gate of heaven. Also, I learned from the Maulanas and Mullahs that—someday the entire world will be converted to Islam, by the master plan of Allah. Although, Mullahs told me that Allah loves Muslims or religious persons—I could never see the proper reflection of that in real life. If Allah really loves Muslims, then how could he not see distress/sufferings of the poor Muslims? One thing that was very strange to me was the fact that religion and poverty go hand in hand. I mean, poor peoples are always very deeply religious, and the rich and affluent are mostly liberal or non-religious.

During the Bangalis freedom struggle in 1971, I was shocked to discover that almost 95% of Islamists (Islamic clerics—mullahs, maulanas, Qari, Hafez, Madrassah students) were generally supporting the Pakistani Military Junta in their cruel suppression of the Bengalese freedom movement. They were killing Bangalee men, women, and children (mostly Hindus minorities) by the thousands daily throughout the country, burned thousands of homes, raped thousands of Bangalee women and looted their properties in the name of saving Islam. “Save Pakistan to save Islam” was their slogan. These fanatic Mullahs used to capture young Bangali girls (Mainly Hindus and also Muslims) and supply them to those Pakistani soldiers as Islamic booty (sex slaves) for their service to protecting Islam.

The Islamists and Mullahs told me: “it is the sacred duty for the Muslims to kill kafirs. Hindus are kafirs therefore it is our duty to kill them.” I asked him if it is written in the Qur’an or hadiths to kill Hindus. The Mullah replied: yes. At that time, it was not possible to verify the Mullah’s assertion since I did not understand a word of Arabic and there was no translated Qur’an available to me.

I hope Muslims  in India start thinking like this guy, and even if they do not leave the faith, stop adopting sections of its text and become truly secular. India's future would be assured, and not just India but the entire world will benefit, when 130 Million folks turn their back on Political Islam!

rawemotions

Back to top Go down