Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Narendra Modi and why 2002 cannot go away: N Ram's article in today's Hindu

Go down

Narendra Modi and why 2002 cannot go away: N Ram's article in today's Hindu Empty Narendra Modi and why 2002 cannot go away: N Ram's article in today's Hindu

Post by Guest Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:37 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/narendra-modi-and-why-2002-cannot-go-away/article5317953.ece?homepage=true

Back to top Go down

Narendra Modi and why 2002 cannot go away: N Ram's article in today's Hindu Empty Re: Narendra Modi and why 2002 cannot go away: N Ram's article in today's Hindu

Post by Guest Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

This is an outstanding article and a very brave article. Kudos to N Ram.

Back to top Go down

Narendra Modi and why 2002 cannot go away: N Ram's article in today's Hindu Empty Re: Narendra Modi and why 2002 cannot go away: N Ram's article in today's Hindu

Post by Guest Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:45 pm

Politically aware Indians know how the Gujarat Chief Minister got to this point. The most important factor behind this heartening awareness is the broad alignment of democratic and secular political opposition to the RSS-shaped policies and persona of Mr. Modi that has formed across the country during the dozen years he has been in office. A massive amount of material, including fresh evidence surfacing in the courts and emerging from the testimony of senior police officers and civil servants, is now available on the horrors of the Gujarat pogrom of February-March 2002: the precise sequence of events; the deliberate instigation of communal violence, reminiscent of the July 1983 anti-Tamil pogrom in Sri Lanka, through allowing the display of the bodies of kar sevaks and their families killed brutally on the Sabarmati Express as it approached Godhra; the fuelling of hate politics and the neutralisation of the police, not by negligence but as a matter of communal statecraft and realpolitik at the highest levels of the State government; and the material assistance and cover provided to the organisers of the pogrom and to the frenzied mobs let loose to murder, rape, torture, loot, pillage, and intimidate so as to ‘teach Muslims a lesson’ and get away with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:50 pm

The politically aware also know where true accountability for 2002 lies. They know that, in sum, the role played by Chief Minister Modi and his government was to enable the worst communal carnage India has suffered in the past quarter-century, and thereafter to subvert justice in every way conceivable, until the Supreme Court of India intervened in game-changing fashion to uphold the law and the Constitution. They know, further, that ‘Vikas Purush’ has been unrepentant, refusing to apologise for the pogrom, only conceding provocatively, with breath-taking insensitivity combining with a defensiveness in the face of the criminal law in process, that if “someone else is driving a car and we’re sitting behind, even then if a puppy comes under the wheel, will it be painful or not? Of course it is.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/narendra-modi-and-why-2002-cannot-go-away/article5317953.ece?homepage=true
Still no evidence to prove your "claim" that muslims were 15% of India's population in 1951?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:24 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/narendra-modi-and-why-2002-cannot-go-away/article5317953.ece?homepage=true
Still no evidence to prove your "claim" that muslims were 15% of India's population in 1951?
The main crux of my argument was that the Muslim growth rate in India does not exceed the Hindu growth rate. I gave references to support my argument. The 1951 Muslim population is a question posed by you. I have already told you my answer. Either wait for me to give the reference (which may take anywhere between a few months and an year) or do the research yourself. I would be impressed if you can give me some reference contradicting my answer. Prove to everyone that you are capable of doing some research.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down