Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intern alleges sexual harassment by Indian Supreme Court judge

4 posters

Go down

Intern alleges sexual harassment by Indian Supreme Court judge Empty Intern alleges sexual harassment by Indian Supreme Court judge

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:10 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Intern-alleges-sexual-harassment-by-Supreme-Court-judge/articleshow/25606903.cms

Back to top Go down

Intern alleges sexual harassment by Indian Supreme Court judge Empty Re: Intern alleges sexual harassment by Indian Supreme Court judge

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:11 pm

http://www.legallyindia.com/201311114099/Interviews/sexual-harassment-supreme-court-is-common

Back to top Go down

Intern alleges sexual harassment by Indian Supreme Court judge Empty Re: Intern alleges sexual harassment by Indian Supreme Court judge

Post by Rishi Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:14 pm

>>> I am not one bit surprised to hear this. Just because these guys wear black robes, it does not make them GODs.
Btw was it Katju?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Rishi wrote:>>> I am not one bit surprised to hear this. Just because these guys wear black robes, it does not make them GODs.
Btw was it Katju?
She has not named the judge. Cannot be Katju because she says the incident happened last December and that the concerned judge retired 'recently'. Katju retired in September last year following which he became PCI chairman.

On twitter, some Supreme Court lawyers have narrowed down the names to two judges.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Rishi wrote:>>> I am not one bit surprised to hear this. Just because these guys wear black robes, it does not make them GODs.
Btw was it Katju?
In her interview to 'Legally India', she said, "I have heard of three other cases (of sexual harassment) by the same judge and I know of at least four other girls who've faced harassment from other judges -- not perhaps as (bad as mine): most of them were in the chambers of the judge and other people around, so it never gets too bad. A girl I know faced continuous sexual harassment throughout and sexual advances, and actually faced troubles through her work because of it.

of course....of course...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Btw was it Katju?
In her interview to 'Legally India', she said, "I have heard of three other cases (of sexual harassment) by the same judge and I know of at least four other girls who've faced harassment from other judges -- not perhaps as (bad as mine): most of them were in the chambers of the judge and other people around, so it never gets too bad. A girl I know faced continuous sexual harassment throughout and sexual advances, and actually faced troubles through her work because of it.

What do your words mean? Are you suggesting she's saying this for publicity?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Btw was it Katju?
She has not named the judge. Cannot be Katju because she says the incident happened last December and that the concerned judge retired 'recently'. Katju retired in September last year following which he became PCI chairman.

On twitter, some Supreme Court lawyers have narrowed down the names to two judges.
>>> Can you please tell me who they are?

I congratulate her for coming out and exposing these assholes who have been placed on a high pedestal. She is one courageous lady. India is changing for the better.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Rishi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Btw was it Katju?

>>> Can you please tell me who they are?

I congratulate her for coming out and exposing these assholes who have been placed on a high pedestal. She is one courageous lady. India is changing for the better.
They are using code words/phrases. They know the names but they are not revealing the names to the public at large.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Btw was it Katju?

She said there were several incidents involving other interns and several judges....Of course katlu will be in that pile...and since he is a PiSSer the whole thing will be hushed up. Hope one of the interns is a muslim and all hell will break loose.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Btw was it Katju?

She said there were several incidents involving other interns and several judges....Of course katlu will be in that pile...and since he is a PiSSer the whole thing will be hushed up. Hope one of the interns is a muslim and all hell will break loose.
Only one to have retired in December 2012

http://supremecourtofindia.nic.in/judges/bio/139_swatanterkumar.htm
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Btw was it Katju?

This judge may be involved in THIS girl's case and likely to be in bigger trouble. But, the girl also said there were FOUR other allegations against OTHER judges.... that might include current and previously retired.

But, this whole thing will blow away.... in this day of rape and gang rape by MPs, "sexual harassment" against a Chief justice is not going anywhere.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:31 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:In her interview to 'Legally India', she said, "I have heard of three other cases (of sexual harassment) by the same judge and I know of at least four other girls who've faced harassment from other judges -- not perhaps as (bad as mine): most of them were in the chambers of the judge and other people around, so it never gets too bad. A girl I know faced continuous sexual harassment throughout and sexual advances, and actually faced troubles through her work because of it.

This judge may be involved in THIS girl's case and likely to be in bigger trouble. But, the girl also said there were FOUR other allegations against OTHER judges.... that might include current and previously retired.

But, this whole thing will blow away.... in this day of rape and gang rape by MPs, "sexual harassment" against a Chief justice is not going anywhere.
This is what she had said:

However, she says that her experience was neither uncommon, nor merely restricted to the judiciary: “I’ve heard of three other cases [of sexual harassment] by the same judge and I know of at least four other girls who’ve faced harassment from other judges - not perhaps as [bad as mine]: most of them were in the chambers of the judge and other people around, so it never gets too bad.

With other people around, and in the chambers of a judge, I doubt whether those other girls were sexually assaulted. Complimenting an intern for a dress she is wearing on a particular day does not constitute sexual abuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:09 am

Rashmun wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Intern-alleges-sexual-harassment-by-Supreme-Court-judge/articleshow/25606903.cms
It is a judge. So, it is not lover boy CONman Abhishek Manu Singhvi. CONsympathiser Katju?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:03 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Intern-alleges-sexual-harassment-by-Supreme-Court-judge/articleshow/25606903.cms
It is a judge. So, it is not lover boy CONman Abhishek Manu Singhvi. CONsympathiser Katju?
Whoever it is, it is a sad day for Indian judiciary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:37 pm

There is an important update to the story. A second intern has shown up claiming she also faced sexual harassment from the judge and that she gave him a dressing down--the kind of dressing down his father ought to have given him.

http://www.legallyindia.com/201311144114/Bar-Bench-Litigation/sc-intern-sex-harassment-another-interns-social-media-account

Back to top Go down