Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love Story - theme

3 posters

Go down

Love Story - theme Empty Love Story - theme

Post by Guest Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Watched it last month (had always wanted to), what a cute movie. Realized Akhiyon Ke Jharokhon was loosely based on it, and copied part of its them tune too. Been asking daughter to watch it to, mostly to let her know there can be sane intelligent college romance too. She will flip out at me eventually coz she HATES cancer in all its shape and form, but am willing to take that risk.

Back to top Go down

Love Story - theme Empty Re: Love Story - theme

Post by Kris Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:55 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Watched it last month (had always wanted to), what a cute movie. Realized Akhiyon Ke Jharokhon was loosely based on it, and copied part of its them tune too. Been asking daughter to watch it to, mostly to let her know there can be sane intelligent college romance too. She will flip out at me eventually coz she HATES cancer in all its shape and form, but am willing to take that risk.

>>>VB, This movie is the epitome of melodrama. Spare the kid. One tidbit: the author of the book said Jenny Cavilleri (sp?) was based on tipper gore (no, seriously).  

P.S> Some of the scenes were good-- 'Snowfrolic' was one of my favorite scenes.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:18 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Watched it last month (had always wanted to), what a cute movie. Realized Akhiyon Ke Jharokhon was loosely based on it, and copied part of its them tune too. Been asking daughter to watch it to, mostly to let her know there can be sane intelligent college romance too. She will flip out at me eventually coz she HATES cancer in all its shape and form, but am willing to take that risk.

Listen to the tune from 2:35

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:26 am

You are right, Kris. Luckily she is not into drama like me. Actually, she is not like me at all, and I am very very thankful about that. She won't turn out to be a loser like me... (mom's wish - knock on the wood).

Even I am not into melodrama, come on. That movie is cute. Specially, those snow scenes. Made me nostalgic about college romance. Those days are so carefree. Best period of my life was dating XH those 3-4 years in college. Nothing could go wrong in that time period.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:15 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:You are right, Kris. Luckily she is not into drama like me. Actually, she is not like me at all, and I am very very thankful about that. She won't turn out to be a loser like me...  (mom's wish - knock on the wood).

Even I am not into melodrama, come on. That movie is cute. Specially, those snow scenes. Made me nostalgic about college romance. Those days are so carefree. Best period of my life was dating XH those 3-4 years in college. Nothing could go wrong in that time period.
All great love stories have a tragic ending. They are great love stories only because the couple doesn't get to live together or even if they did, it's only for a short time. Take any of the epic love stories. It's the same. Had Jenny not died, the couple would've divorced in a few yrs down the lane. who knows!

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:43 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:You are right, Kris. Luckily she is not into drama like me. Actually, she is not like me at all, and I am very very thankful about that. She won't turn out to be a loser like me...  (mom's wish - knock on the wood).

hmm.. holding on that period is nothing but bliss, yeah ? Wink 

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down