Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014: Will defeat be the end of Narendra Modi ?

Go down

2014: Will defeat be the end of Narendra Modi ? Empty 2014: Will defeat be the end of Narendra Modi ?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:49 am

http://www.asianage.com/columnists/2014-will-defeat-be-end-modi-453

What will be the fate of Narendra Modi in case he loses next year? Rural development minister Jairam Ramesh thinks he will lose his influence.
In an interview to Reuters, Ramesh said: “If Modi loses 2014, his story is over, his balloon is burst. If (Rahul) Gandhi does not do well in 2014, he is still going to be around.” He added: “Though India is right now in 2013, I would say, we are going through what Germany went through in 1932. The classic symptoms… Because, look at Modi’s — what are the three principles of his ideology? Political autocracy, social divisiveness and economic liberalism,” Ramesh said....
In my opinion Ramesh is wrong. Even if Modi performs poorly in the election of 2014, he will retain control of the BJP. This is because his power comes directly from the cadre of both the BJP and the RSS, and they will remain faithful to him even in defeat.

Back to top Go down

2014: Will defeat be the end of Narendra Modi ? Empty Re: 2014: Will defeat be the end of Narendra Modi ?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:51 am

Rashmun wrote:http://www.asianage.com/columnists/2014-will-defeat-be-end-modi-453

What will be the fate of Narendra Modi in case he loses next year? Rural development minister Jairam Ramesh thinks he will lose his influence.
In an interview to Reuters, Ramesh said: “If Modi loses 2014, his story is over, his balloon is burst. If (Rahul) Gandhi does not do well in 2014, he is still going to be around.” He added: “Though India is right now in 2013, I would say, we are going through what Germany went through in 1932. The classic symptoms… Because, look at Modi’s — what are the three principles of his ideology? Political autocracy, social divisiveness and economic liberalism,” Ramesh said....
In my opinion Ramesh is wrong. Even if Modi performs poorly in the election of 2014, he will retain control of the BJP. This is because his power comes directly from the cadre of both the BJP and the RSS, and they will remain faithful to him even in defeat.
Aakar Patel is wrong. It is not the cadre but the RSS who determine who will be in charge in BJP.

Ramesh is right in that the balloon of Modi inevitably becoming the next PM would have burst if Modi loses in 2014.

Back to top Go down