Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What got into David Cameron's head?

4 posters

Go down

What got into David Cameron's  head? Empty What got into David Cameron's head?

Post by Rishi Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:03 pm

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/david-cameron-kolkata-visit-kolkata-street-food-british-prime-minister-mamata-banerjee/1/324841.html

Rishi

Back to top Go down

What got into David Cameron's  head? Empty Re: What got into David Cameron's head?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:31 am

Rishi wrote:http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/david-cameron-kolkata-visit-kolkata-street-food-british-prime-minister-mamata-banerjee/1/324841.html
Someone should have corrected: V a d a i

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

What got into David Cameron's  head? Empty Re: What got into David Cameron's head?

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:23 am

never knew about bhiktoria vadaiiiiii. have to try it today! will post pics. if it's any good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:27 am

huttt, it's no vadaiiiiiiiiiii. it's a moong dal pakoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:05 am

Ha ha! Like Vada pav.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Ha ha! Like Vada pav.
exactly! the name "victoria bada" is a misnomer.

What got into David Cameron's  head? Img-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:

grrr... it's actually bloody bonda, is what I see in the picture.
by definition, you can't stuff a vada/vadai at all, na?
veggie stuffed bonda is the vada in the vada-pav, right? Ufffff Evil or Very Mad 

What got into David Cameron's  head? Hqdefault

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:42 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

veggie stuffed bonda is the vada in the vada-pav, right?  Ufffff Evil or Very Mad 

in a vada pav, AFAIK, they place a batata vada in between. HA meant batata vada upthread (i think). batata vada and vada pav are used to mean the same thing i've noticed (i heard this from an auto-rickshaw wala in mumbai who was a marathi -- i checked his voter id card to confirm).

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:16 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

veggie stuffed bonda is the vada in the vada-pav, right?  Ufffff Evil or Very Mad 

in a vada pav, AFAIK, they place a batata vada in between. HA meant batata vada upthread (i think). batata vada and vada pav are used to mean the same thing i've noticed (i heard this from an auto-rickshaw wala in mumbai who was a marathi -- i checked his voter id card to confirm).
hahaha..LoL @ checking voter ID - sounding so serious ! hilarious to imagine the scene Razz 

along with potato, one could add onion, carrot, beetroot, peas etc., - i am not sure about chicken tikka and such, though Wink 

Now, while we wait for the expert MD to enlighten us further,  just to stir the pot, Wiki calls the batata vada, a maharashtrian version of Bonda

and  so does DASSANA In Mumbai and the rest of Maharashtra this recipe is called Batata Vada. In the south, it is called Potato Bonda.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:30 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

along with potato, one could add onion, carrot, beetroot, peas etc., - i am not sure about chicken tikka and such, though Wink 
yes, it's a burger with a batata vada in place for the the patty and cheese. i won't say i i hate it for i never say hate to food. Smile
Now, while we wait for the expert MD to enlighten us further,  just to stir the pot, Wiki calls the batata vada, a maharashtrian version of Bonda
it could be the reverse. Smile let's wait for MD cos he straddles all continents.

and  so does DASSANA In Mumbai and the rest of Maharashtra this recipe is called Batata Vada. In the south, it is called Potato Bonda.
quite convincing.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:02 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

yes, it's a burger with a batata vada in place for the the patty and cheese. i won't say i i hate it for i never say hate to food. Smile
it could be the reverse. :)let's wait for MD cos he straddles all continents.

quite convincing.
well.. i bet he is going to call it by another name - karnataka/mangalore origin

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:27 pm

had victoria vada today. it's actually a mung dal vada. it was ok but, by god, the garlic chutney (in the picture). WOW. i don't know how he makes it but it is SOMETHING and not hot at all. i'll have to ask ganpath to taste it and reproduce it.

What got into David Cameron's  head? 2013-120

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:had victoria vada today. it's actually a mung dal vada. it was ok but, by god, the garlic chutney (in the picture). WOW. i don't know how he makes it but it is SOMETHING and not hot at all. i'll have to ask ganpath to taste it and reproduce it.

What got into David Cameron's  head? 2013-120
moong dAl eh? bery interesting bhaiya ! thanks and I wait for the reconstruction recipe from ganpath ! - perhaps coconut subdues the pungence, i wonder; will wait and see:) 

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down