Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kids, uff.

2 posters

Go down

kids, uff.  Empty kids, uff.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:39 pm

… they embarrass us long before we start embarrassing them. 

So, XH handed me the leftover salad from y'day. Wasn't much so he handed me the whole salad bowl in which he had made it, and said, 'finish it off'. 

So now, I am sitting comfortably reclined on my couch, wearing a tattered old t-shirt, hair still having a just-woken-bed-head look, oily face, glasses on, watching sholay on my laptop, salad bowl rested on my chest, held loosely by my hand, quickly picking last few pieces of the salad with the fork - nuts, berries, etc. and stuffing my face… and then I look up. Younger is standing there, looking at me with his iPod pointed at me. Look of query on my face. He goes, 'ohh, that's my mom'. Then he turns and points it at xh and goes, 'and that's my dad', then he walks further and goes, 'and that's our kitchen…. and these are our fish'. 

WTH. Turns out he was showing his house, rooms, furniture, pets, and parents to one of his cousins from his dad's side over FaceTime. WTF.

Back to top Go down

kids, uff.  Empty Re: kids, uff.

Post by goodcitizn Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:… they embarrass us long before we start embarrassing them. 

So, XH handed me the leftover salad from y'day. Wasn't much so he handed me the whole salad bowl in which he had made it, and said, 'finish it off'. 

So now, I am sitting comfortably reclined on my couch, wearing a tattered old t-shirt, hair still having a just-woken-bed-head look, oily face, glasses on, watching sholay on my laptop, salad bowl rested on my chest, held loosely by my hand, quickly picking last few pieces of the salad with the fork - nuts, berries, etc. and stuffing my face… and then I look up. Younger is standing there, looking at me with his iPod pointed at me. Look of query on my face. He goes, 'ohh, that's my mom'. Then he turns and points it at xh and goes, 'and that's my dad', then he walks further and goes, 'and that's our kitchen…. and these are our fish'. 

WTH. Turns out he was showing his house, rooms, furniture, pets, and parents to one of his cousins from his dad's side over FaceTime. WTF.
I am not as concerned about embarrassment as I am with safety. iPod is not a toy.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:09 pm

safety?

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:safety?
Kids on the internet can and often fall prey to predators. Child safety is very important.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:18 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Kids on the internet can and often fall prey to predators. Child safety is very important.
oh ya, that. we do try to be as careful as we can, but you can never be sure. hard to keep up sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:20 pm

I hope the cousin didn't go, 'Oh jeez, is that my ex-aunt! No wonder my uncle divorced her'. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:22 pm

nenu wrote:I hope the cousin didn't go, 'Oh jeez, is that my ex-aunt! No wonder my uncle divorced her'. Razz
lol!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
oh ya, that. we do try to be as careful as we can, but you can never be sure. hard to keep up sometimes.
Better be safe than sorry. You need to be extra careful since you are such a trusting mother. Your kids are still quite young and need to be educated on the dangers. I am sure you already know all of this.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:27 pm

nenu wrote:I hope the cousin didn't go, 'Oh jeez, is that my ex-aunt! No wonder my uncle divorced her'. Razz
Sad why else am i feeling embarrassed. the uncle himself is sitting here all showered, looking fine dressed in jeans and sweater. 

looked up to look up at him after i typed the above, he has fallen half off the couch dozing off while football is on on tv. so ya, nvm. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:39 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Better be safe than sorry. You need to be extra careful since you are such a trusting mother. Your kids are still quite young and need to be educated on the dangers. I am sure you already know all of this.
Oh ya. Most times they ask me before doing something new, but you can still never be sure. So the real unsafe period is the time before I can find something. 

Trusting person, I am only up to a point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:46 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:… they embarrass us long before we start embarrassing them. 

You know...I think you two are single guys living a happy married life in an ried environment but in an unmarried setting with little responsibilities and financial hiccups.

Moral: if you want to live a happy married life, then divorce our spouse.

P.S. you can do facetime with iPOD?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down