Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

family family

2 posters

Go down

family family Empty family family

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:17 pm

The younger one watched all the tv shows, and got all mushy about 'family'. Finally I was like, ok let's see. Who are in your family. We began with XH. Much smaller set, most of whom he has met. By the time we went down to the 11th cousin, he was overwhelmed.

Didn't have to courage to start talking about my 8 aunts and uncles, and TWENTY FIVE cousins. By the time I finished my dad's side, he had fallen down. LOL.

Horrible realizations

- I don't remember the name of one of my first cousins.
- I don't remember the kids stats of atleast 4 of my cousins, i.e. their #, gender, and names.

yikes, gonna get updated tonight.

Back to top Go down

family family Empty Re: family family

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
The younger one watched all the tv shows, and got all mushy about 'family'. Finally I was like, ok let's see. Who are in your family. We began with XH. Much smaller set, most of whom he has met. By the time we went down to the 11th cousin, he was overwhelmed.

Didn't have to courage to start talking about my 8 aunts and uncles, and TWENTY FIVE cousins. By the time I finished my dad's side, he had fallen down. LOL.

Horrible realizations

- I don't remember the name of one of my first cousins.
- I don't remember the kids stats of atleast 4 of my cousins, i.e. their #, gender, and names.

yikes, gonna get updated tonight.
I have some 19 cousins and some gazillion cousins of my mother; Father side - only first cousins. I know only my 19 cousins, and only very few names of their kids. Most of my mothers cousins know me but dont know much about their own "grown up kids" (added a couple on my facebook recently).

Your son will remember your interaction and explain to his grandson one -day " when I was young...my mother listed so many cousins names...100s of them..)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Posed same quiz to older when driving to the mall. Here is how it went with her her:

(XH side) "cousin1 is the leader of the family, cousin2 is the star of he family, 3rd is papa, the screwup of the family Sad ...".

When she wraps up, she tells younger, "congrats younger, we are a part of family of weirdos." 

When it came to my family she started and went, 'I don't know, your family is just too large for me to remember'. 

If XH ever gives her a summary of my family, he would go, 'beta, all that you see happening in Bollywood movies, the strange things, all that has happened in mommy's family and close friends.' Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:17 pm

My father took the trouble to leave behind the geneology of our family on his side before he passed away. We can go back so many generations. There are so many permutions and combinations of who married whom, what professions they were in, where they resided, what their offspring were etc. I have come to the conclusion that we don't have a family tree, more like a family jungle.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:57 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
If XH ever gives her a summary of my family, he would go, 'beta, all that you see happening in Bollywood movies, the strange things, all that has happened in mommy's family and close friends.' Sad
W2: Hello.

W1: Hello, who is this?

W2: I am A's wife.

W1: What do you mean, I am A's wife.

This phone convo happened 4 months ago. A is 'technically' nephew (son of my second cousin), but only 2 months younger to me. We grew up as friends. Found out this kaand just today.

NOT TELLING XH, his point will be proven yet again. Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

This phone convo happened 4 months ago. A is 'technically' nephew (son of my second cousin), but only 2 months younger to me. We grew up as friends. Found out this kaand just today.

I am lost - bcz it is a Naarthie soap - pliss to explain.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

I am lost - bcz it is a Naarthie soap - pliss to explain.
A is a 40-year-old hot marketing executive. Hot as in salary, not in looks. In looks he looks like a kaddu (as far as I remember). A married W1 about 10 years ago. They have a 7-8 year old daughter. He lost a few jobs, and then changed a few jobs, all of which required extensive traveling throughout India. He finally settled in a job in a big city near New Delhi, but W1 stayed stationed in Bhopal, my home town. He never took her with him (he says because she refused). He would rarely come to meet her, maybe once in 3-4 months, and that too would be a 'come in the morning, leave in the evening' deal. She managed her house and kid's expenses all by herself. He didn't give her a single paisa. Everyone in the family was upset about this and were trying to intervene/mediate, but to no avail. (I have a big side story about his mom, but that's whole another BIG drama requiring a separate movie of its own).

His wife learned lately that he has been married to W2 for last 2-3 years, who is a 28-year-old small time (maybe ex) model. W2 is a previous divorcee with an 8 year old girl herself. He told her he has never been married. He also lied to her big time about his mom, my cousin. (W1 and W2 had a long talk apparently).

W1 is proceeding now with a divorce. W2 is planning to live with him, who would want to give up a golden goose. I am not sure why W1 is not putting a bigamy case against him, but it looks like he had made her sign many blank papers when she trusted him. So she is looking at all her options before she proceeds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:I am lost - bcz it is a Naarthie soap - pliss to explain.
A is a 40-year-old hot marketing executive. Hot as in salary, not in looks. In looks he looks like a kaddu (as far as I remember). A married W1 about 10 years ago. They have a 7-8 year old daughter. He lost a few jobs, and then changed a few jobs, all of which required extensive traveling throughout India. He finally settled in a job in a big city near New Delhi, but W1 stayed stationed in Bhopal, my home town. He never took her with him (he says because she refused). He would rarely come to meet her, maybe once in 3-4 months, and that too would be a 'come in the morning, leave in the evening' deal. She managed her house and kid's expenses all by herself. He didn't give her a single paisa. Everyone in the family was upset about this and were trying to intervene/mediate, but to no avail. (I have a big side story about his mom, but that's whole another BIG drama requiring a separate movie of its own).

His wife learned lately that he has been married to W2 for last 2-3 years, who is a 28-year-old small time (maybe ex) model. W2 is a previous divorcee with an 8 year old girl herself. He told her he has never been married. He also lied to her big time about his mom, my cousin. (W1 and W2 had a long talk apparently).

W1 is proceeding now with a divorce. W2 is planning to live with him, who would want to give up a golden goose. I am not sure why W1 is not putting a bigamy case against him, but it looks like he had made her sign many blank papers when she trusted him. So she is looking at all her options before she proceeds.
Now I understand... You should have stated in the beginning where you fitted in this story. (I thot you were W1 or W2). Some of us are Soap-challenged.

Now, for W1 to file a criminal suit against the hubby...I think she should be able to do it easily. She can talk to the lawyer and send him an ultimaturm to leave W2 and return within 1 month (he is not likely to dump the young thingie). He may be able to use her blank paper but it will become very questionable and will lack credibility. A live witness takes precedence over any document signed by that witness. This blank paper signing happens only on movies. There is a whole string of witnesses and he will be in big soup.

After all, she can financially weaken him and demand a share of his property - including inherited. She will get a major major share as she has a kid. After all she also needs to have some fun and a hobby.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down