Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rayala telangana on the rise

+3
nevada
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
truthbetold
7 posters

Go down

rayala telangana on the rise Empty rayala telangana on the rise

Post by truthbetold Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:34 pm

According eenadu, telugu daily, union govt gom seems to be recommending rayala t .
Some t leaders of trs group opposed it.
But congress's political calculation is that such a move if successful will be a political lottery for Congress.
These two districts add 28 mlas to t state. It will reduce kcr's influence significantly. It will cut jagan 's local support base in half. Congress also thinks tdp will be weakened.
However it will force bjp to revise its plans. It has no presence in either district. So it may oppose the move but that can mean loss of t support.
Sonia is for it. Pm is opposed to it.
All of the above is somewhat speculative.
it is possible that rayala t is purely a diversionary ploy to throw off andhra people.
In any case, the days of telugu state are numbered. A move that will cost telugu people and Indian people lot of unnecessary grief and monetary loss.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

rayala telangana on the rise Empty Re: rayala telangana on the rise

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:39 pm

truthbetold wrote:According eenadu, telugu daily,  union govt gom seems to be recommending rayala t .
Some t leaders of trs group opposed it.
But congress's political calculation is that such a move if successful will be a political lottery for Congress.
These two districts add 28 mlas to t state. It will reduce kcr's influence significantly. It will cut jagan 's local support base. Congress also think tdp will also be weakened.
However it will bjp to revise its plans. It has no presence in either district. So it may oppose the move but it can cause t opposition.
Sonia is for it. Pm is opposed to it.
All of the above is somewhat speculative.
it is possible that rayala t is purely a diversionary ploy to throw off andhra people.
In any case,  the days of telugu state are numbered. A move that will cost telugu people and Indian people lot of unnecessary grief and monetary loss.
What a shame....this is worse than gerrymandering in the US as that can be rectified every 4 years.

Destroying people's culture, financial base, agricultural production, people relations for power and political narrowness?

This is nothing but utter shame.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:19 pm

The surprising thing is Congress is thinking it will not have to pay the price. They are not concerned about people's future response if they somehow manage 2014 for dumbshit rahul.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Is it possible that the congress will drag this out till the elections and then wash its hands off?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:00 am

"The pro-Telangana parties such as the Telangana Rashtra Samiti and the BJP have said they will oppose the Rayala Telangana proposal tooth and nail. The Telangana Joint Action Committee even threatened to launch a fresh stir against the proposal."

"There are reports from Delhi that Congress president Sonia Gandhi, having given the green signal to the Telangana draft bill in the Congress Core Committee meeting on Friday, favours Rayala Telangana (Telangana plus Kurnool and Anantapur districts) and has asked some members of the Group of Ministers that drafted the bill, to work on this."

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/131201/news-current-affairs/article/centre-creates-confusion-telangana

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:46 pm

nevada wrote:Is it possible that the congress will drag this out till the elections and then wash its hands off?

I don't think they would want this to drag any further. However, it looks like they're getting greedy or clueless with their calculations. Well for all we know, when all is said and done, this move might be remembered as a stroke of genius.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:06 pm

I agree with Nevada. There is no chance that the T bill will pass. If CONartists bring the T bill either as the CWC version or as R-Telangana, it will be defeated in the Assembly. BJP gains nothing by allowing the bill to pass. If the CWC version is rejected by the Assembly, BJP will say that the objection by the Assembly is indicative of the feelings of the people. If the R-Telangana is defeated in the Assembly, BJP will have a stronger case to reject it, because they are opposed to it from the beginning and they will also cite the objection of the Assembly as well. I suspect that CONmen also are unsure if the T-bill is good for them. So, they just want the CWC version or the R-T version defeated by BJP so that they can blame them. In the end, there will be no winners in this mess. Finally, Diggy's weakness as a strategist is exposed.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:18 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I agree with Nevada. There is no chance that the T bill will pass. If CONartists bring the T bill either as the CWC version or as R-Telangana, it will be defeated in the Assembly. BJP gains nothing by allowing the bill to pass. If the CWC version is rejected by the Assembly, BJP will say that the objection by the Assembly is indicative of the feelings of the people. If the R-Telangana is defeated in the Assembly, BJP will have a stronger case to reject it, because they are opposed to it from the beginning and they will also cite the objection of the Assembly as well. I suspect that CONmen also are unsure if the T-bill is good for them. So, they just want the CWC version or the R-T version defeated by BJP so that they can blame them. In the end, there will be no winners in this mess. Finally, Diggy's weakness as a strategist is exposed.
digvijaya had been against the bifurcation of AP all along. he had to go along with the decision of the congress high command, but personally he was of the opinion that dividing AP would not be a good idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:20 pm

>>>First it was Telengana. Now it is rayala Telengana. It is all very confusing.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:28 pm

Rishi wrote:>>>First it was Telengana. Now it is rayala Telengana. It is all very confusing.
That is the idea. It is all a CONgame. Just imagine the High Command tolerating the type of dissent that the CM and A politicians are exhibiting. The sycophants won't be doing this if they know that she will punish them. They are all driving KCR to the bottle!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:30 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rishi wrote:>>>First it was Telengana. Now it is rayala Telengana. It is all very confusing.
That is the idea. It is all a CONgame. Just imagine the High Command tolerating the type of dissent that the CM and A politicians are exhibiting. The sycophants won't be doing this if they know that she will punish them. They are all driving KCR to the bottle!
if YSR Congress merges with Congress, all this talk of bifurcation will not take place. Telugus opposed to bifurcation should put pressure on Jagan to merge with his party with Congress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I agree with Nevada. There is no chance that the T bill will pass. If CONartists bring the T bill either as the CWC version or as R-Telangana, it will be defeated in the Assembly. BJP gains nothing by allowing the bill to pass. If the CWC version is rejected by the Assembly, BJP will say that the objection by the Assembly is indicative of the feelings of the people. If the R-Telangana is defeated in the Assembly, BJP will have a stronger case to reject it, because they are opposed to it from the beginning and they will also cite the objection of the Assembly as well. I suspect that CONmen also are unsure if the T-bill is good for them. So, they just want the CWC version or the R-T version defeated by BJP so that they can blame them. In the end, there will be no winners in this mess. Finally, Diggy's weakness as a strategist is exposed.
digvijaya had been against the bifurcation of AP all along. he had to go along with the decision of the congress high command, but personally he was of the opinion that dividing AP would not be a good idea.
I am not sure if the High Command is for it. I think she is looking for a way out now. She put herself in the no win situation.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:43 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
I am not sure if the High Command is for it. I think she is looking for a way out now. She put herself in the no win situation.
the high command was earlier in favor of formation of telangana. it may have changed its mind now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
the high command was earlier in favor of formation of telangana. it may have changed its mind now.
Oh...let me see... Only YOUR high command has the right to "change" its mind. If Modi says somethiing different, Doggyboy and the Chamchas and you will accuse him of falsehood and lies for 3 weeks.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:00 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Oh...let me see... Only YOUR high command has the right to "change" its mind. If Modi says somethiing different, Doggyboy and the Chamchas and you will accuse him of falsehood and lies for 3 weeks.
Both Anantapur and Kurnool districts have close to 30% Muslim population. So, you can see why CONmen are interested in the vote bank. MT is playing with fire here. She is trying to create what Patel called "an undigested lump" in the belly of India. She doesn't seem to care about a potential Kashmir being formed in the South.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:27 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Oh...let me see... Only YOUR high command has the right to "change" its mind. If Modi says somethiing different, Doggyboy and the Chamchas and you will accuse him of falsehood and lies for 3 weeks.
Both Anantapur and Kurnool districts have close to 30% Muslim population. So, you can see why CONmen are interested in the vote bank. MT is playing with fire here. She is trying to create what Patel called "an undigested lump" in the belly of India. She doesn't seem to care about a potential Kashmir being formed in the South.
Why should she care ? Was she born in India ? is her mother tongue hindi or any Indian language ? Did she go to school in India ? Did she / does she have any relatives ? Does she have any old friends in India ?

Is there ANY incentive for her to have love for India.

Tamilans go to Delhi and even Bombay to work and live. How many of them live there after retirement - that too if their kids live away from them? The loyalty to place and people are like that wonly.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:42 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Oh...let me see... Only YOUR high command has the right to "change" its mind. If Modi says somethiing different, Doggyboy and the Chamchas and you will accuse him of falsehood and lies for 3 weeks.
Why should  she care ? Was she born in India ? is her mother tongue hindi or any Indian language ? Did she go to school in India ? Did she / does she have any relatives ? Does she have any old friends in India ?

Is there ANY incentive for her to have love for India.

Tamilans go to Delhi and even Bombay to work and live. How many of them live there after retirement - that too if their kids live away from them? The loyalty to place and people are like that wonly.
One of the two greatest rulers of Russia was a german--born and brought up in present day Germany. She became queen due to her marriage with the man who became Tsar and after the death of the Tsar she became the Empress. Her mother tongue was not russian, she never went to school in Russia, and she had no relatives in Russia. But even today russians acknowledge their debt to her.

One day Sonia will be acknowledged for her role in giving stability to the country. And for vanquishing Vajpayee, Advani, Modi, and RSS.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:07 am

Vp,
agree that Congress is playing games to confuse the public. But they do not have alternatives. T or rt is required.
Rt could be difficult if all andhra mps, bjp and mulayam oppose it in parliament.
don't know the calculations but kiran 's opposition could also a calculated ploy as you pointed in an earlier post.
this is such a complex issue, ccongress does not have the moral and intellectual ability to solve the problem.
Rt is an example of forcing a short term selfish agenda but leaving a long term problem for future. India will feel the consequences for a long time.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:52 am

truthbetold wrote:Vp,
agree that Congress is playing games to confuse the public. But they do not have alternatives. T or rt is required.
Rt could be difficult if all andhra mps,  bjp and mulayam oppose it in parliament.
don't know the calculations but kiran 's opposition could also a calculated ploy as you pointed in an earlier post.
this is such a complex issue,  ccongress does not have the moral and intellectual ability to solve the problem.
Rt is an example of forcing a short term selfish agenda but leaving a long term problem for future. India will feel the consequences for a long time.
Also, for creating the Telangana of their choice, CONmen are using Rayalaseema as a pawn. What about the culture of Seema? Krishnadevaraya is worshipped in Seema and Nizam is not even in Telangana. If two districts of Seema can be included in Telangana, why can't MT include two disticts of Telangana (Nalgonda and Khammam) in AP? This way, both states can have Hyderabad as the permanent capital (as SKC suggested). To begin with, what is the purpose of the division of AP? All these politicians are ignoring the common man for their own selfish games. Disgusting.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:42 pm

I do not understand the motive behind some Andhra MLA's preferring this move. Please see point no. 9 in the link below. Why would the MLA's want their constituents to join a region and its inhabitants, who actually wants to segregate from them and keep away from the Seemandhra people ? It is obvious they will be looked upon as second class citizens, since they will not be from Telengana. If the objective of the separation is to segregate the ethnic telengans majority from Seemandhra folks, then adding these two districts goes completely against the concept and confuses the whole excersize. May be the big land owners in these district and MLA's themselves have investments in Hyderabad. If that is the case, the MLA's should resign, as they no longer represent the interests of their constituents, and are focused only on their personal situation. 

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cheat-sheet/telangana-to-be-rayalatelangana-in-a-political-move-cleared-by-prime-minister-sonia-gandhi-453598?h_related_also_see

I can  think of another possibility, when AP & TN were created, there was a bone of contention due to Tirupati, as it is revered site throughout AP & TN. Because the Madras city had huge investments from Telugu's , AP did a master stroke of asking for both Tirupati and Madras. When this happened, the TN folks obviously not wanting to part with Madras, ended up yielding on Tirupati.

We can conceivably use this concept to get Seemandhra folks to sign on dotted line. Ask for more and at the end of the day, and get united AP folks to sign the original proposal of Telengana. But that concept will not work if the MLA's support the proposal for breaking Rayalseema to merge with Telengana. Why the people of these regions would want to support the merger defies logic.

Allegedly, the whole thing could be a ploy to bring back erstwhile Nizam state with Muslim Majority areas back into vogue, and there could be a Pakistani link to this, given that Pakistan would love to have a Pro-Pakistan government setup in SouthIndia, from where ISI can continue their activities. Please note Deccan princely state was in the original list of areas which tried to accede to Pakistan (against the wishes of its people), even though it did NOT share a border with British mandated Pakistan state, and hence does not satisfy the guidelines set out by the British for princely states choosing to join India or Pakistan. If Rayala-Telengana happens, given that MIM has threatened 80 Crore Hindus, the day will not be far off, when the Ethnic cleansing  Razakars could Swingback into action (supported by Pakistani-ISI combine) and Congress will be directly responsible for it.

There needs to be clarity of mind in the Congress about all these, and unfortunately we can't expect them from Congress going by the past behaviour.  Rayala telengana defies all wisdom and if it is allegedly being done for short term electoral calculations of Congress as being projected, (even that is debatable) then the Congress is indeed guilty of playing with people's emotions as a toy, without thinking it through and without figuring out the impact on national security. Allegedly, Congress has been known to bring up schemes for short term electoral gains without thinking it through, and something like this would be one more to its kitty of alleged mistakes.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:25 pm

The latest proposal that is being floated is to separate Nellore, Chittoor, Kuppam and Ongole districts from Seemandhra. This will assure defeat of Jagan. Madam has decided to merge them with TN to dilute demand for a future free TN and to get a foothold in TN.

This is called MMS idea (Multiple Mangai in a single Stone idea).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:24 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:The latest proposal that is being floated is to separate Nellore, Chittoor, Kuppam and Ongole districts from Seemandhra.  This will assure defeat of Jagan. Madam has decided to merge them with TN to dilute demand for a future free TN and to get a foothold in TN.

This is called MMS idea (Multiple Mangai in a single Stone idea).
rofl

The latest I read is that they will float the idea of Rayala-Telangana for the Assembly vote. Their calculations are that the Assembly will vote in favor of it (only math genii like Diggy & Pappu would know how this is possible). This way, they can say that people of AP like the division of the state. Then they want to dump Kurnool and Anantapur from Telangana and table the 10 district Terlangana bill in parliament so that any objection that BJP has for R-T will not be there. What the CONmen are forgetting is that BJP is looking for an excuse to vote against whatever bill that is brought to parliament. So, they can say that the bill presented to the Assembly is different from the one tabled in parliament. Since CONartists are cheating, BJP will vote against it.......   In any case, if the assembly election results go against CONwallahs, the opposition will be quite bold to topple the govt. So, it may not be smooth sailing for MT (Winter or budget session).

If MT really tries the Italian trick (one bill for AP and another for parliament), someone will take the issue to SC just as the bill is brought to parliament complaining that CONmen are playing CONgames.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:58 am

This is a sad day. Politicos with no understanding and under the direction of Sonia who has no sense of the cultural roots of the area are ramming through a vicious formula that will hurt India for a long time.
We are witnessing how vicious selfish interests change history for a small time gain leaving behind a wounded nation to heal itself over a very long period. Building a culture, a nation takes a long time. Destroying or damaging it takes one foolish selfish moment.
Sad day for me. Sad day for India.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:04 am

truthbetold wrote:This is a sad day. Politicos with no understanding and under the direction of Sonia who has no sense of the cultural roots of the area are ramming through a vicious formula that will hurt India for a long time.
We are witnessing how vicious selfish interests change history for a small time gain leaving behind a wounded nation to heal itself over a very long period. Building a culture, a nation takes a long time. Destroying or damaging it takes one foolish selfish moment.
Sad day for me. Sad day for India.
I won't just blame MT. She is surrounded by sycophants from AP. In addition, Sushma is in a hurry to create Telangana. She was saying yesterday that the govt. should quickly bring the T bill in the Winter session. No politician from Seema and coastal AP is saying anything about Rayala Telangana. Shoulsn't they complain about merging Kurnool and Anantapur with Telangana? KCR immediately called for a Telangana bundh if RT is the bill that the govt introduces. Looks like voters in AP have no choices in the coming election. Who will they vote for - Lok Satta or CPM?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:01 pm

It just occurred to me that BJP will support CONmen's bid to form Telangana or Rayala Telangana because the main long-term aim of BJP is to dilute the clout of Congress in AP. Congress has been counting on the support of MPs from AP to form the govt at the center. Whether AP is kept as a united state or split into two states, that doesn't mean a shit for BJP as it is almost non-existent in the region. So, what does it hurt if CONmen are marginalized in AP? If you can't be strong, just break the leg of the opponent.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Vp,
the Hindu reporting seems to suggest a rethink on rayala t. eenadu seems to say otherwise. so this story still has more twists and turns.
by peeked we may get a better picture.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down