Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend movies: Horrible Bosses, Delhi Belly

+4
Rekz
Another Brick
Silhouette
charvaka
8 posters

Go down

Weekend movies: Horrible Bosses, Delhi Belly Empty Weekend movies: Horrible Bosses, Delhi Belly

Post by charvaka Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Both movies were very funny. Delhi Belly kept us laughing for hours after we walked out of the cinema. Horrible Bosses was sold out at the first cinema we went to -- kind of rare for that to happen to a Hollywood movie here.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Weekend movies: Horrible Bosses, Delhi Belly Empty Re: Weekend movies: Horrible Bosses, Delhi Belly

Post by Silhouette Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:06 pm

So did you see Horrible Bosses? I like Jennifer Aniston so HB is on the list for this weekend. Was Delhi Belly too violent?

Silhouette

Back to top Go down

Weekend movies: Horrible Bosses, Delhi Belly Empty Re: Weekend movies: Horrible Bosses, Delhi Belly

Post by charvaka Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Silhouette wrote:So did you see Horrible Bosses? I like Jennifer Aniston so HB is on the list for this weekend. Was Delhi Belly too violent?
Yes. Aniston plays an atypical role... she's a nymphomaniac who harasses her assistant at work. The plot is implausible, but the dialog is taut and the actors are all pretty good with slapstick so it results in a lot of laughs.

Delhi Belly was violent, but I didn't think it was overly so. There are a few violent situations, but on the whole the movie is quite funny; they make a deliberate attempt to poke fun even at the gangster violence. And it works for the most part.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:21 pm

I guess I am terrible need of such comedy movies. I watched "ajab prem ki gajab kahani' y'day. Daughter had told me it's boring, and so did a couple others, but I watched it, and surprisingly I liked it too.

I was kinda caught up in the silly fight sequence in the end, and could not help LOL'ing. To the point that daughter came close to me, took away my headphones, and kept trying to make sense what it is that I find funny. But it was simply a copy of good old comedy fight sequences that we were used to seeing in the 70s-80s movies, and seeing it in a new movie after so many years, could not help laughing.

Usually I don't enjoy slapstick humor, but was taken in by it. Yep, I need to watch some 'real' comedy soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silhouette Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:57 pm

charvaka wrote:
Delhi Belly was violent, but I didn't think it was overly so. There are a few violent situations, but on the whole the movie is quite funny; they make a deliberate attempt to poke fun even at the gangster violence. And it works for the most part.

Thanks. I think I may wait for DB to come out on DVD.

Silhouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:50 pm

Silhouette wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Thanks. I think I may wait for DB to come out on DVD.
The DVD is out Sillho. I am not sure if it's worth $2.00

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Priya wrote:I am not sure if it's worth $2.00
I don't know how high your standards are, but $2 isn't that much money for a money.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:54 pm

You are right, $2.00 is nothing. What I meant to say was how much violence will I have to FF? Smile The DVDs are of good quality.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:58 pm

I guess I have become desensitized to violence. I didn't think it was a particularly violent movie. What's more, my wife didn't think so either. There was one scene where she was disgusted, but the rest wasn't too bad.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:00 pm

Oh then it is worth buying? FF disgusting parts and violence. That's why I like to watch movies on DVD- to FF. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Well, although we saw the movie, my wife suggested we should buy the DVD when it becomes available, because she wants to add it to our movie collection.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:08 pm

My Indian grocery store has it. Check yours. I bought Buddah Tera Baap, ending was good, violence I FF.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Priya wrote:My Indian grocery store has it. Check yours. I bought Buddah Tera Baap, ending was good, violence I FF.

Shocked Kripa? I think I read that line somewhere on sulekha too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silhouette Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:31 pm

Priya wrote:
The DVD is out Sillho. I am not sure if it's worth $2.00

All the movies that I get from indian stores have terrible print. And over the years I've tried more than a few stores. In contrast, when I rent indian DVDs from public libraries the print quality is excellent. So if it's a popular movie I wait for a few months for the local library to get it in.

Silhouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:25 pm

I lucked out , got some good movies. I rent movies from Netflix. I also watch some of them on U Tube, specially Telugu and Tamil movies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:21 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Priya wrote:My Indian grocery store has it. Check yours. I bought Buddah Tera Baap, ending was good, violence I FF.

clap clap clap, ms trivedi. that's good work. priya = kripamaya. myatter wover.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:15 am

watched delhi belly yesterday. it was incredibly funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:10 am

Another Brick wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

clap clap clap, ms trivedi. that's good work. priya = kripamaya. myatter wover.

welcome aboard kripamaya. i see you are having fultoo fun here. enjoy. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:04 am

Darn, I wondered how long I could go undetected but blessed Rekz discovered me a while ago. I managed to remove her suspicion. Thanks folks, nice to be here. I can cut and paste, spell check, delete my post after writing, oh it is so good, no ads and much more. Hi Rekxy Seven I kept my promise! Here I am! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:28 am

Hey Krips Very Happy
enjoy posting on such....welcome again *red rose*
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:38 am

that's a good idea. here's a bouquet priya. enjoy once again.

Weekend movies: Horrible Bosses, Delhi Belly Red_ro10

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:47 am

access shall not be granted, still. E-access, maybe.

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:that's a good idea. here's a bouquet priya. enjoy once again.

Weekend movies: Horrible Bosses, Delhi Belly Red_ro10

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:51 am

lol. it doesn't matter. i'd expect she is not reading my posts (foe's list) so no e-access either but that will not deter me from welcoming her. a wise move should always be applauded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:08 am

this man also does not care about access to the Thing

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/13/california.penis.knifing/

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:01 am

Lorena Bobbit lives on.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:02 am

doofus_maximus wrote:Lorena Bobbit lives on.
This is the sequel. Gorier.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:05 am

atleast this one practised cleanliness and didnt discard it in a parking lot. props for that

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:08 am

he put the dick in crazy and got disposed.

hope the orange county jail patrons teach her who her boss is.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Rekz wrote:Hey Krips Very Happy
Same to you dear. I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. T Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Priya wrote:
Rekz wrote:Hey Krips Very Happy
Same to you dear. I love you

How long did your secret last ?

Mr. T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Tracy discovered me last night, but Rekz had her suspicion first in just few days after I joined.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:17 pm

All Delhi Belly DVDs sold out. Took a chance and bought Bin Bulaye Barati and Stanley Ka Dabba. Any reviews on these two?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down