Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water supply in Hubli, an Indian small town

2 posters

Go down

Water supply in Hubli, an Indian small town Empty Water supply in Hubli, an Indian small town

Post by indophile Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 am

Nice to see a small town in India make the news in Washington Post in a relatively positive tone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia-pacific/india-unprepared-for-urban-boom/2011/07/03/gIQA9K3q3H_story.html

indophile

Back to top Go down

Water supply in Hubli, an Indian small town Empty Re: Water supply in Hubli, an Indian small town

Post by sambarvada Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:10 pm

===>

When Indians were in charge of water supply,"Hubli residents used to skip work and school to line up for water, which was delivered by the city every eight days."

When the French company started managing the water supply,"This has been a miracle. We can turn the tap on anytime of the day and there is water,” said Girija Manjunath, 31, who lives in a blue-collar area that now receives water. “It has freed me from water worries. My children are cleaner and go to school. Others in the city envy my destiny now.”

sambarvada

Back to top Go down