Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sardar Patel hated Hyderabadi culture

4 posters

Go down

Sardar Patel hated Hyderabadi culture Empty Sardar Patel hated Hyderabadi culture

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:54 pm

http://newindianexpress.com/nation/Sardar-Patel-Hated-Hyderabadi-Culture-AG-Noorani/2013/11/30/article1918970.ece

Would love to hear the views of Vakavaka, Truthbetold, and other telugus on this issue.

Back to top Go down

Sardar Patel hated Hyderabadi culture Empty Re: Sardar Patel hated Hyderabadi culture

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:26 pm

He was a Hindu. He was also a nationalist. But to call him "Hindu Nationalist" aka chaddi is a stretch. "Hindu Nationalists" don't go about banning the RSS like Patel did. I guess the Sardar's readiness to play hardball doesn't go down well in some quarters.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Sardar Patel hated Hyderabadi culture Empty Re: Sardar Patel hated Hyderabadi culture

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:He was a Hindu. He was also a nationalist. But to call him "Hindu Nationalist" aka chaddi is a stretch. "Hindu Nationalists" don't go about banning the RSS like Patel did. I guess the Sardar's readiness to play hardball doesn't go down well in some quarters.
He only imposed a temporary ban on RSS after Gandhi's assassination when there were calls for him to step down as home minister and Nehru was forced to come to his defense. Lord Wavell, Mountbatten's predecessor, claimed Patel was 'totally communal' in his memoirs. Maulana Azad, in his autobiography, shares this view. Meanwhile:

IN November 1945 one of the top Congress leaders inaugurated on Marine Drive in , just next to the Chowpati Beach, the Pransukhlal Mafatlal Hindu Swimming Pool. It was, and still is, exclusively for the use of Hindus. Its doors remain shut, even in 2013, for Muslims and other communities. No prizes for guessing who that top leader was. There was one and only one top Congress leader who would have done the deed, namely, Vallabhbhai Patel. For long a plaque on the frontage of the premises boldly proclaimed his achievement.

http://www.frontline.in/cover-story/patels-communalisma-documented-record/article5389270.ece

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:24 pm

Hyderabad state was ruled by the Qutb Shahi and Asif Jahi dynasties (except when Aurangajeb blessed them with his nonsense). Hyderabad's culture, therefore, is more akin to Turkish and Persian cultures. When I first went to Hyderabad, I thought I was in a different country! So, I may be the wrong person to ask about Hyderabad.

If Hyderabad issue were handled by Nehru, and not by Patel, India would have been screwed! It is amazing to see Owaisi as a friend of Indira Congress. Owaisi's family made money as an agent of Nizam and was instigating Razakars to indulge in violence. It sounds funny when Owaisi talks about secularism and communalism. He obviously thinks that the average Indian is a fool to fall for his nonsense.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Owaisi party was a direct descendant of razakars. till 1953 or so the party was fighting for segregation from India and joining Pakistan. ips officers have officially stated they (mim) harbor isi elements in old city of hyd .
but mim is secular for congress and tdp .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:58 pm

When that last Nizam died in 1967, his body was placed in some special family mosque with several dozens of his children (from several of his women) and adoptees in attendence. K. Brahmananda Reddy, then CM of Andhra Pradesh, went to pay respects. The dead guy's folks and other goons almost jumped him for "daring" to set foot in that holy place. The CM's security and police had to resort to a threat of lathi charge to keep them away.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down