Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 20,000 Indians apply for one-way trip to Mars

4 posters

Go down

Over 20,000 Indians apply for one-way trip to Mars Empty Over 20,000 Indians apply for one-way trip to Mars

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:38 am

LONDON: Over 200,000 people, including more than 20,000 Indians, have applied for an ambitious private mission that will send four men and women on a one-way trip to Mars in 2023 to establish a permanent space colony.

In the five-month application period, Mars One received interest from 202,586 people from around the world, with ten per cent of the applicants from India alone.

The Mars One foundation has also announced that it has been able to secure lead suppliers for an unmanned mission launching in 2018, involving a robotic lander and a communications satellite.

The first round of the Mars One Astronaut Selection Programme has now closed for applications, the Dutch company said.

Mars One applicants come from over 140 countries; the largest numbers are from the US (24 per cent), India (10 per cent), China (6 per cent), Brazil (5 per cent), UK, Canada, Russia and Mexico (4 per cent), Philippines, Spain, Colombia and Argentina (2 per cent), and Australia, France, Turkey, Chile, Ukraine, Peru, Germany, Italy and Poland (1 per cent).

From this applicant pool, the Mars One selection committee will select prospective Martian settlers in three additional rounds spread across two years.

By 2015, six to ten teams of four individuals will be selected for seven years of full-time training.

In 2023, one of these teams will become the first humans ever to land on Mars and live there for the rest of their lives, Mars One said.

The current applicants will be screened in a process that is expected to take several months.

Candidates selected to pass to the next round will be notified by the end of this year. The second round of selection will start in 2014, where the candidates will be interviewed in person by a selection committee.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Over-20000-Indians-apply-for-one-way-trip-to-Mars/articleshow/27216167.cms
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Over 20,000 Indians apply for one-way trip to Mars Empty Re: Over 20,000 Indians apply for one-way trip to Mars

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:12 am

i'd vote to send vvpp to live in mars, i think he will write back interesting letters.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Over 20,000 Indians apply for one-way trip to Mars Empty Re: Over 20,000 Indians apply for one-way trip to Mars

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:05 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:i'd vote to send vvpp to live in mars, i think he will write back interesting letters.

who is VVPP?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:15 pm

PN:

Not me. You should send sikular politicians (CONmen, DKheads, Laloo, Mulayam, etc.) so that they will fight with each other using martian techniques.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:PN:

Not me. You should send sikular politicians (CONmen, DKheads, Laloo, Mulayam, etc.) so that they will fight with each other using martian techniques.
you are a very thoughtful person, vakavaka pakapaka, always keeping things like family values foremost in your mind - no wife, son or daughter left behind. best to send conmen to mars, they will not miss anybody on earth.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:36 pm

i hope retired supreme court justice mark (markandeya) katju aka cashewnut is one of the applicants.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down