Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Servant Gate - mistakes on all sides

5 posters

Go down

Servant Gate - mistakes on all sides Empty Servant Gate - mistakes on all sides

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:24 am

US:

It is wrong to treat all criminals the same way. It did not think about potential fallout. Treating somene who is underpaying a servant the same way as a prostitute and treating her is wrong and discretion should have been applied. It cannot hide behind the legal argument of "Standard Procedures." It should think if it would wlak into the Chinese diplomats house and catch the underpaid servants? (I will bet all my $650 mil that every Chinku diplomat is exploiting cheap chinese servants).

If US expects that its diplomats - from chauffeurs to Ambassadors - deserve blanket immunity irrespective of the definition, then it should extend the same. If not, it should be ready to accept the treatment of its diplomats overseas by the tinpot dictators.

India:

it should recognize that many western countries treat all accused the same way from Kennedy to Strauss-kahn unlike in India where Salmana Khan and Laloo get royal treatment when charged with serious crimes while common people are abused and beaten crazily for any suspected petty thievery. It should not expect other countries to follow the great Indian discriminatory "VVIP" treatment of corrupt babus and Netas. It has not condemned the lying by the Cutie DY Consul and has justified her lying statement in typical indian ways. It should offer to try her in Indian courts on the same charges and should prosecute her. Will it ? Of course, not.
India

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Servant Gate - mistakes on all sides Empty Re: Servant Gate - mistakes on all sides

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:28 am

What is this nonsense? All people are equal under US constitution. Unless she has diplomatic immunity she gets no special privilege. Obviously she has no immunity. So she should be treated the same way Berkley Reddy was treated when he was arrested on immigration charges. Same crime; treating household servants illegally.

So all you Indians stop complaining.

It is not India where 2 pdeople say Katrunanidhi and a common Tamil hed in jail for demonstreating against Indian People Killing Force (IPKF) operations. In US both treated same. In India no. So dont expect special treated for politically well off Indians in US.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Servant Gate - mistakes on all sides Empty Re: Servant Gate - mistakes on all sides

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:33 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:What is this nonsense? All people are equal under US constitution. Unless she has diplomatic immunity she gets no special privilege. Obviously she has no immunity. So she should be treated the same way Berkley Reddy was treated when he was arrested on immigration charges. Same crime; treating household servants illegally.

So all you Indians stop complaining.

It is not India where 2 pdeople say Katrunanidhi and a common Tamil hed in jail for demonstreating against Indian People Killing Force (IPKF) operations. In US both treated same. In India no. So dont expect special treated for politically well off Indians in US.

When talking about India and the US - talk about India and the US. Do not talk about IPKF, LTTE, and your "fyuckin" Commander all the time on any world issue as though you have a 24/7 diarrhea.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:57 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:US:

It is wrong to treat all criminals the same way. It did not think about potential fallout. Treating somene who is underpaying a servant the same way as a prostitute and treating her is wrong and discretion should have been applied. It cannot hide behind the legal argument of "Standard Procedures." It should think if it would wlak into the Chinese diplomats house and catch the underpaid servants? (I will bet all my $650 mil that every Chinku diplomat is exploiting cheap chinese servants).

If US expects that its diplomats - from chauffeurs to Ambassadors - deserve blanket immunity irrespective of the definition, then it should extend the same. If not, it should be ready to accept the treatment of its diplomats overseas by the tinpot dictators.

India:

it should recognize that many western countries treat all accused the same way from Kennedy to Strauss-kahn unlike in India where Salmana Khan and Laloo get royal treatment when charged with serious crimes while common people are abused and beaten crazily for any suspected petty thievery.  It should not expect other countries to follow the great Indian discriminatory "VVIP" treatment of corrupt babus and Netas. It has not condemned the lying by the Cutie DY Consul and has justified her lying statement in typical indian ways. It should offer to try her in Indian courts on the same charges and should prosecute her. Will it ? Of course, not.
India

You need to take cultural differences into account, In India you bargain for everything, including maid's pay so the folks in India won't get these minimum wage laws (btw, does wal-mart pay 7 dollars per hour!). Going forward Indian govt. should act smart and hire mexicans on cash basis for their consulate staff, problem solved.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:05 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

India:

it should recognize that many western countries treat all accused the same way from Kennedy to Strauss-kahn unlike in India where Salmana Khan and Laloo get royal treatment when charged with serious crimes while common people are abused and beaten crazily for any suspected petty thievery.  It should not expect other countries to follow the great Indian discriminatory "VVIP" treatment of corrupt babus and Netas. It has not condemned the lying by the Cutie DY Consul and has justified her lying statement in typical indian ways. It should offer to try her in Indian courts on the same charges and should prosecute her. Will it ? Of course, not.
India

You need to take cultural differences into account, In India you bargain for everything, including maid's pay so the folks in India won't get these minimum wage laws (btw, does wal-mart pay 7 dollars per hour!). Going forward Indian govt. should act smart and hire mexicans on cash basis for their consulate staff, problem solved.

what if the mexicans are spies for some other country?

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:14 am

Rashmun wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

India:

India

what if the mexicans are spies for some other country?

That was a joke Rashmun, besides we're taking about domestic help here,not at consulate. BTW, What are the odds of those cleaning ladies that promptly show up @ 5pm almost at every office building in the US, being spies for some other country?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:40 am

I'm actually quite happy that diplomats are getting it on both sides. The whole concept of immunity from local law is ridiculous. A lawbreaker should be treated identically regardless of whether she is a shopkeeper or a consul-general. And as I mentioned elsewhere, considering all the malfeasance that Devyani Khobragade has benefited from through her career, her comeuppance on this peripheral misdeed is really karma at work.

Likewise, I'm happy to see the US diplomats in India pulled down a notch. They are needlessly viewed with veneration, treated like demigods and given all kinds of underserved and unreciprocated privileges. High time they are treated as the mid-ranking state department employees that they are. Let them earn every penny of that hardship allowance that they demand when posted to a third world dump like India.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:46 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:I'm actually quite happy that diplomats are getting it on both sides. The whole concept of immunity from local law is ridiculous. A lawbreaker should be treated identically regardless of whether she is a shopkeeper or a consul-general. And as I mentioned elsewhere, considering all the malfeasance that Devyani Khobragade has benefited from through her career, her comeuppance on this peripheral misdeed is really karma at work.

Likewise, I'm happy to see the US diplomats in India pulled down a notch. They are needlessly viewed with veneration, treated like demigods and given all kinds of underserved and unreciprocated privileges. High time they are treated as the mid-ranking state department employees that they are. Let them earn every penny of that hardship allowance that they demand when posted to a third world dump like India.
>>>

When did you become a believer? Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:33 am

FluteHolder wrote:>>>

When did you become a believer? Smile
[/quote]

Oh my beliefs are very flexible. There is no dogma even around being undogmatic.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:13 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:I'm actually quite happy that diplomats are getting it on both sides. The whole concept of immunity from local law is ridiculous. A lawbreaker should be treated identically regardless of whether she is a shopkeeper or a consul-general. And as I mentioned elsewhere, considering all the malfeasance that Devyani Khobragade has benefited from through her career, her comeuppance on this peripheral misdeed is really karma at work.

This must be a red-letter day...Shyt happens....what can I say.

I komboletely agree with you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down