Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I remember God every morning now

4 posters

Go down

I remember God every morning now Empty I remember God every morning now

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:15 am

Morning time. Drinking tea in my bed or kitchen. XH has either just finished his workout or other kitchen stuff. He has put his coffee on. Sometimes we talk.

He then goes upstairs to get ready. And then it starts, unmistakably. 'UTHEE UTHEE GOPALA'. And protests come out of 2 or 3 rooms, 'oh God!' ... 'Papa!!' ... 'Stop!!!' Then maybe a couple of Marathi aarti/bhajan more (I can catch only one word viThal) and then it's back to Bollywood 70s or 90s songs.

Anyway, this way or that way, I take God's name every morning. I am religious now.

Back to top Go down

I remember God every morning now Empty Re: I remember God every morning now

Post by FluteHolder Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:29 am

Hey Pandurangaa Pandharinatha...

I planned for  the trip to Pandharpur during my visit this year, but an interesting twist of events made that plan kaput...

Now let me go and make chai...

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks. But every morning is a bit creepy...I'd prefer an occasional remembrance.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:19 am

aiyaiyO...agent you've breached your own ID. too much of aquatic diet does this, i suppose ! they know the name now, the rest, like Vee unkil's, should be easy to track down..  No lol! 

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:44 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Morning time. Drinking tea in my bed or kitchen. XH has either just finished his workout or other kitchen stuff. He has put his coffee on. Sometimes we talk.

He then goes upstairs to get ready. And then it starts, unmistakably. 'UTHEE UTHEE GOPALA'. And protests come out of 2 or 3 rooms, 'oh God!' ... 'Papa!!' ... 'Stop!!!' Then maybe a couple of Marathi aarti/bhajan more (I can catch only one word viThal) and then it's back to Bollywood 70s or 90s songs.

Anyway, this way or that way, I take God's name every morning. I am religious now.

Why such a sudden switch from 'bhakti' (devotion) to 'rakthi' (melody)?!! And why the 'virakti' (aversion) to both these forms from the rest of the family?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down