Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian diplomat's housekeeper ‘frustrated and disappointed’

3 posters

Go down

Indian diplomat's housekeeper ‘frustrated and disappointed’ Empty Indian diplomat's housekeeper ‘frustrated and disappointed’

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:00 pm

December 20, 2013 8:31 AM EST — The allegedly underpaid housekeeper of Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade is "disappointed by the focus of the media", her lawyer says

-> My sympathies to you maam; ShareKhan could've chosen to keep it low profile and still helped you but he decided to take a different route, who knows why.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Indian diplomat's housekeeper ‘frustrated and disappointed’ Empty Re: Indian diplomat's housekeeper ‘frustrated and disappointed’

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:54 pm

-> An old column but former US Assistant Secretary of State makes some valid points.

The strip-search was an unforced error.

The US Marshals Service says it followed "standard arrestee intake procedures," a cringe-worthy bureaucratic phrase that means it went by the book.

Ms Khobragade was treated like every other female defendant awaiting a court appearance.

But the arrest of a diplomat is never just another case. If the state department did not know she would be strip-searched, it should have - and should have demanded special handling.

In diplomatic circles, any perceived slight is reciprocated. You step on our toes, expect the same. The political and public fallout was predictable, particularly in a country like India with a vigorous and sometimes inventive media

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25440252

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Indian diplomat's housekeeper ‘frustrated and disappointed’ Empty Re: Indian diplomat's housekeeper ‘frustrated and disappointed’

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:11 pm

No wonder Dr. Barara is now claiming that she was never strip searched and never handcuffed in front of the kids or in public.

He was a tad bit late to realize his goof up. Of course, first he tried to blame it all on the US Marshalls. But, he was/is in charge and the lead contractor for the entire case.

What is the GoI doing with all the Gay partners among the diplomats and also the many spouses working in american schools in India.

As this guy said in diplomatic circles, you step on our toes, we do the same.... In fact, until India follows the rule "You step on our toes, then we break your toes" not even Boputhatswana will give respect.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:43 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:-> An old column but former US Assistant Secretary of State makes some valid points.

The strip-search was an unforced error.

The US Marshals Service says it followed "standard arrestee intake procedures," a cringe-worthy bureaucratic phrase that means it went by the book.

Ms Khobragade was treated like every other female defendant awaiting a court appearance.

But the arrest of a diplomat is never just another case. If the state department did not know she would be strip-searched, it should have - and should have demanded special handling.

In diplomatic circles, any perceived slight is reciprocated. You step on our toes, expect the same. The political and public fallout was predictable, particularly in a country like India with a vigorous and sometimes inventive media

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25440252
Why is going by the book cringe-worthy?

I am also adding the other part of your link that you conveniently neglected to highlight:

On the Indian side, it is unclear why the Indian ambassador to the United States or the country's foreign ministry failed to clean house when first alerted by US authorities.

Indian diplomats surely understand that disrespecting US law and international norms undermine its emergence as a constructive global actor.

India's removal of security barriers is excessive and irresponsible.

Even if the remaining security arrangements are adequate - India has primary responsibility for embassy security under the Vienna Convention - New Delhi should understand how sensitive such a move is given last year's attack on a US diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:11 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
GC, what he really meant was all those guys had anal ectomy performed on them. You may already know this, it is a requirement to be hired as govt. employee
goodcitizn wrote:
I am also adding the other part of your link that you conveniently neglected to highlight:
Oh! Come on now. I wouldn't have posted the link for the source, if that was my intent. I've highlighted what I thought was sensible. If you look at the title on front page linked this article it clear says "India & USA both at fault"

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:26 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
GC, what he really meant was all those guys had anal ectomy performed on them. You may already know this, it is a requirement to be hired as govt. employee
goodcitizn wrote:
Oh! Come on now. I wouldn't have posted the link for the source, if that was my intent. I've highlighted what I thought was sensible. If you look at the title on front page linked this article it clear says "India & USA both at fault"

LOL! I was just saying that you displayed only the part that suited your argument. Sure, you did provide the link. I just couldn't help jerking your chain a little!  Laughing 

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down