Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visa fraud of the iyengar kind

3 posters

Go down

Visa fraud of the iyengar kind Empty Visa fraud of the iyengar kind

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:47 pm

>>>> A middle aged iyengar man wanted to get his 24 year old daughter married. His first preference was that the boy must be an iyengar who is well educated and and has a good job in America.

He asked his brother who lived in the United States to look for Iyengar boys who met his requirements. The brother was successful in identifying two such fellows. Anyone of them could be the son-in-law for our iyengar man.

The two bramacharis(?) were on H-1B visas. And none of them wanted to go to India , meet the girl and get married there. Bringing the bride to America will take years. So the only the option was for the B.D.S girl to come to the new world, talk to these chaps and choose one of them as the fellow to spend the rest of her life with.

But there was one problem.

It was not going to be easy for her to get a visa to visit the United States.

So the family devised a plan. The girl was from Bangalore. She had a cousin who lived in eastern part of India. He was her father's sister's son. The iyengar man talked to his sister. Asked her for help. Yes. The help came in the form of a notarized affidavit. The cousin who lived in Calcutta declared that he was going to get married to his cousin in Bangalore, the B.D.S girl. The marriage will take place once she comes back from her vacation in America.

The plan worked like a charm. The consular officer did not ask any question. Of course, she might have thought to herself 'who am I to question the inbreeding customs of these people.”

The dentist liked the tall, light skinned fellow. He also had a Ph.D in Engineering. The marriage took place in a temple here.

After a few months into the marriage, the couple came back from a weekend trip to New Jersey. They were ridiculing and talking disparagingly of the Indians who lived in places like Edison. It seems these uncivilized Indians were walking around on the streets in their ethnic wear like sarees, tilak, kurtas etc. “These people should dress like Americans when they are in America,” the couple said in one voice.

I thought of telling them “At least these people did not resort to shenanigans like you . Most likely they got their visa in a legitimate way. They did not engage in duplicity like you guys.”

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Visa fraud of the iyengar kind Empty Re: Visa fraud of the iyengar kind

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Is it easy to convert from visitors visa to H4?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:43 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Is it easy to convert from visitors visa to H4?

>>> I have no idea how this thing worked out.

The husband got his Ph.D from a Canadian University and was working in a company in Virginia. I assumed he was on H-1B May be he had a green card.

But I am pretty sure the girl came on a visitor visa. She told us.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Rishi wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Is it easy to convert from visitors visa to H4?

>>> I have no idea how this thing worked out.

The husband got his Ph.D from a Canadian University and was working in a company in Virginia. I assumed he was on H-1B May be he had a green card.

But I am pretty sure the girl came on a visitor visa. She told us.

AFAIK, it's lot easier for the spouses of H1-B and F1 visa holders to join their spouse. For GC holders, takes a long while

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Rishi wrote:>>>>

So the family devised a plan. The girl was from Bangalore. She had a cousin who lived in eastern part of India. He was her father's sister's son. The iyengar man talked to his sister. Asked her for help. Yes. The help came in the form of a notarized affidavit. The cousin who lived in Calcutta declared that he was going to get married to his cousin in Bangalore, the B.D.S girl. The marriage will take place once she comes back from her vacation in America.

The plan worked like a charm. The consular officer did not ask any question. Of course, she might have thought to herself 'who am I to question the inbreeding customs of these people.”

I didn't understand this plan. US Consulate issues visas based on an affidavit submitted by an Indian national living in India (Calcutta) ? I thought even for spouses of Indians living in USA , they make it a difficult process to obtain an american visa.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:24 am

b_A wrote:
Rishi wrote:>>>>

So the family devised a plan. The girl was from Bangalore. She had a cousin who lived in eastern part of India. He was her father's sister's son. The iyengar man talked to his sister. Asked her for  help. Yes. The help came in the form of a notarized affidavit. The cousin who lived in Calcutta declared that he was going to get married to his cousin in Bangalore, the B.D.S girl. The marriage will take place once she comes back from her vacation in America.

The plan worked like a charm. The consular officer did not ask any question.  Of course, she might have thought to herself 'who am I to question the inbreeding customs of these people.”

>>> Parents were visiting America for a vacation. The dad's brother was living there. The girl was accompanying them as well. She will come back with them to India after the vacation and marry the cousin in Cacutta. That is what they told the consular guy in Chennai. This happened in early 1990s.

I didn't understand this plan. US Consulate issues visas based on an affidavit submitted by an Indian national living in India (Calcutta) ? I thought even for spouses of Indians living in USA , they make it a difficult process to obtain an american visa.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down