Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP upma

5 posters

Go down

RIP upma Empty RIP upma

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:33 am

RIP upma 3WQtk9H

Back to top Go down

RIP upma Empty Re: RIP upma

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:40 am

Is that ketchup?? I think you're doing this just to spite Max.

PS: I love spicy mixture with my upma too.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:46 am

lol ya that is ketchup. That's not my plate. I had mine plain. But the gross mistreatment made me take a pic and upload it here. Not to spite max, but I did apologize to him internally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:00 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:lol ya that is ketchup. That's not my plate. I had mine plain. But the gross mistreatment made me take a pic and upload it here. Not to spite max, but I did apologize to him internally.

>>hey maybe I need to try it with ketchup. I have never likes upma. Never, not ever.. don't know why/

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:29 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:RIP upma 3WQtk9H
looks yummy! seriously!

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:42 am

Tracy,
that is a visually disturbing image of upma. It will take few days before i can get it off my mind.
Try some si food web sites to get different recipes.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:50 am

truthbetold wrote:Tracy,
that is a visually disturbing image of upma. It will take few days before i can get it off my mind.
LOL, it looks like maggi noodles. looks tasty nevertheless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:35 am

What are those long things? Sev?
Is this at your village?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:06 am

That's it! Upma with sev and ketchup lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:55 am

Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:That's it! Upma with sev and ketchup lol.
Sigh! And that doesn't even look like a well made upma. I make very yummy upma. It looks something like this, nice and moist. I add mixed veggies sometimes:

http://www.kamalascorner.com/breakfast/tomato-upma.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:22 am

Kinnera wrote:
Sigh! And that doesn't even look like a well made upma. I make very yummy upma. It looks something like this, nice and moist. I add mixed veggies sometimes:

wow! that looks amazing kinns. i know you make great upma. any recipe or tricks you'd recommend?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:28 am

Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

wow! that looks amazing kinns. i know you make great upma. any recipe or tricks you'd recommend?
Can't think of any recipe off the top of my head. Will let you know when i do.
Let Ganpat try the upma from the recipe above. It seems good. That's almost how i make mine too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:38 am

K...thought of this one. I am going to make this over the hols. Alasanda Vadalu: Vadas made with lobia/black eyed peas. This is a specialty of my region. You may want to try that.

http://www.nandyala.org/mahanandi/archives/2005/04/03/blackeye-pea-fritters-alasanda-vada/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:51 am

Kinnera wrote:

Lady..... no one can beat my 5-min, fail safe Upma. I am becoming an expert in making any dinner under 10 min (tops).

Soon expect a coffee-table book.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:56 pm

truthbetold wrote:Tracy,
This is gross violation of tri-state food presentation & preparation act. It is apparent from TBT's response, hereafter referred to as victim/subject, that victim suffered severe case of trauma after being repeatedly & willfully exposed to the picture, without appropriate warning messages. This reckless act committed by Tracy should be brought to justice immediately. TBT, my recommendation for you is to report this to DA ShareKhan Bharara who might be able expedite the process to get much needed attention to this case.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:08 pm

Kinnera wrote:K...thought of this one. I am going to make this over the hols. Alasanda Vadalu: Vadas made with lobia/black eyed peas. This is a specialty of my region. You may want to try that.

http://www.nandyala.org/mahanandi/archives/2005/04/03/blackeye-pea-fritters-alasanda-vada/
thanks!  will try both. the pic. of buttery upma with chunks of tomatoes in it looks quite salivating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Lady..... no one can beat my 5-min, fail safe Upma. I am becoming an expert in making any dinner under 10 min (tops).

Soon expect a coffee-table book.
Are you serious? Bleh if it is with any of those Gits or MTR instant mix powders. If not, then I am your beshtest friend who you'd be sharing all your recipes with. Coffee with Upps? Anyday then! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Kinnera wrote:K...thought of this one. I am going to make this over the hols. Alasanda Vadalu: Vadas made with lobia/black eyed peas. This is a specialty of my region. You may want to try that.

thanks!  will try both. the pic. of buttery upma with chunks of tomatoes in it looks quite salivating.
pls post the pix Brig sir.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Kinnera wrote: Coffee with Upps? Anyday then! Smile
the last time oops made morning coffee, he copied stuff from the net and inserted grammatical errors where existed none. ha ha, excuse me, ha ha. coffee with oops? carry headphones to block out the noise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Kinnera wrote:

pls post the pix Brig sir.
sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:57 pm

Lol @ TBT. Well I was assured it tastes world class. I have had upma with sev, jeeravan, even rasam. Am not ready to have it with ketchup, not yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Hey Tracy,
You can eat homage any way you like. And I believe you do it well too. Just poking fun.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down