Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Actress Ranjitha becomes a god-woman

+4
Seva Lamberdar
Hellsangel
truthbetold
indophile
8 posters

Go down

Actress Ranjitha becomes a god-woman Empty Actress Ranjitha becomes a god-woman

Post by indophile Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:15 am

Ranjitha, of the Nityananda fame, now is a sanyasin (the story is in Kannada, but I assume most people can understand the report) . If anyone chooses, they may give her bhiksha and pay respects to her. Any miracles? - nothing in the news yet. Now you are supposed to call her "Anandamayi" (one full of happiness).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Actress Ranjitha becomes a god-woman Empty Re: Actress Ranjitha becomes a god-woman

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:24 am

Indo,
You are a telugu living on the border of orissa and chattisgarh. You are good in Sanskrit.
you understand Kannada.

Let us see. You know telugu, odiya, hindi, sanskrit, Kannada and English. Perhaps a little bit of Tamil. Am I missing anything? Is there a local dialect in jabalpur? Gond?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Actress Ranjitha becomes a god-woman Empty Re: Actress Ranjitha becomes a god-woman

Post by Hellsangel Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:38 am

Her head nod(aka bobble head) in the video reminded me of the bit by Russell Peters. I will post it if I can find it.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:46 am

"Ranjitha, of the Nityananda fame, now is a sanyasin (the story is in Kannada, but I assume most people can understand the report) . If anyone chooses, they may give her bhiksha and pay respects to her. .." Indo 

>>> My congratulations to her on the spiritual success and my respects too to the sanyasin.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:56 am

the best business to be in, in india. the god business.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:07 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the best business to be in, in india. the god business.

I think so too..

One has to be a Babu, Neta, or a Swamy to amass wealth, power, and comfort in India.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:13 am

truthbetold wrote:Indo,
You are a telugu living on the border of orissa and chattisgarh. You are good in Sanskrit.
you understand Kannada.

Let us see. You know telugu, odiya, hindi, sanskrit, Kannada and English. Perhaps a little bit of Tamil. Am I missing anything? Is there a local dialect in jabalpur? Gond?

I can't say I can get by in Tamil. May be if I stayed continuously for a month or two in TN, it could happen (I have a relative from Vizag who learned to get by in Tamil in 1970s, in Delhi of all places). I can also speak a language called "desya" fluently (which is the local name for "aadibaasi" in our area). I have a sister who can speak - Telugu, Oriya, English, Bengali, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, and of course Desya. They lived in Ahmedabad, Pune, and Madras for extended periods of time.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:23 am

Indo,
I know I forgot something. You also know a little bit of Urdu or dakhni or bollywood hindi or hindistani.
Did you study telugu in school or learned it at home?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:39 pm

indophile wrote:Ranjitha, of the Nityananda fame, now is a sanyasin (the story is in Kannada, but I assume most people can understand the report) . If anyone chooses, they may give her bhiksha and pay respects to her. Any miracles? - nothing in the news yet. Now you are supposed to call her "Anandamayi" (one full of happiness).

There is another anandamayi aka ammachi or hugging goddess.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Another Ma Anand something

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Anand_Sheela
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Another Ma Anand something

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Anand_Sheela

>>> She served just 29 months out of her 24 year jail sentence for attempted murder of Meredith, first and second degree assault (poisoning) of public officials, immigration fraud, wiretapping within Rajneeshpuram, and the bioterror attack.

Whereas you find blacks serving more jail time for drug possession.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:30 pm

truthbetold wrote:Indo,
I know I forgot something. You also know a little bit of Urdu or dakhni or bollywood hindi or hindistani.
Did you study telugu in school or learned it at home?

We studied Telugu in school, may be at a lower level than it is taught in AP. In South Orissa (Koraput, Malkangiri, Nowrangpur, and Ganjam districts) Telugu is offered as one of the subjects in schools even today. While you may learn Telugu, you must also learn Oriya on a compulsory basis . Also, we were second to the last batch of Telugu-speaking school students who could learn all other subjects (social studies, science, etc.) in Telugu. Two years after our batch, they removed that facility, and everything has been taught in Oriya since.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Obnoxious wrote:

Yes...but this one is beyond hugging - she will go all the way to become Paramanandmayi.

What a bunch of idiots - these hindus.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Obnoxious wrote:

Yes...but this one is beyond hugging - she will go all the way to become Paramanandmayi.

>>> I know a Marathi lady who has a Ph.D in Physics. She went to Ammachi and asked whether her daughter should study medicine or engineering. The hugging saint had some common sense. "Ask your daughter what she wants to do," she told the mother.

The woman was disappointed that Ammachi did not decide what her daughter should do.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Rishi wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Obnoxious wrote:

>>> I know a Marathi lady who has a Ph.D in Physics. She went to Ammachi and asked whether her daughter should study medicine or engineering. The hugging saint had some common sense. "Ask your daughter what she wants to do," she told the mother.

The woman was disappointed that Ammachi did not decide what her daughter should do.

Aamchi had more sense... she should have told the lady that her daughter should do both....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down