Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The magic pill

Go down

The magic pill Empty The magic pill

Post by Rishi Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:33 am

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2013/12/exercise_to_prevent_cure_or_treat_disease_cancer_heart_disease_inflammation.html

>>> Good article.

I walk 3 miles a day.

I think that is good enough.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

The magic pill Empty Re: The magic pill

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:10 am

"Ideas to make this happen include lowering health care premiums based on activity levels: The more steps you take per month or year, the less you pay. This doesn't have to be large amounts of money—even a little bit of incentive goes a long way. We also should encourage the use of a fitness vital sign for annual medical checkups where the amount of physical activity that someone is doing per week is monitored in the same way heart rate and blood pressure are. These methods will help encourage movement and health and will reduce disease prevalence."

I support that. It would be nice if the insurance company pays for the gym and has some kind of tracking system to know how many hours/month the person is exercising at the gym. Premiums should be lowered for the one who is frequenting the gym and the free gym membership taken away for the ones who are not utilizing it.

For the ones who prefer outdoor activities to the gym--their health premiums should be reduced if they are not overwt and their BP, sugar and cholesterol levels are under control and they are in good health overall.

Premiums should be high for the obese and the ones with uncontrolled vitals.

Back to top Go down