Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

british involvement in golden temple raid

4 posters

Go down

british involvement in golden temple raid Empty british involvement in golden temple raid

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:46 pm

i heard this on NPR this morning.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01pqybl
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

british involvement in golden temple raid Empty Re: british involvement in golden temple raid

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:50 pm

shameful if true. another reason to dislike IG. i had such a different and naive view of her as a child. the first time i woke up to the facts as they were was when i read midnight's children.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

british involvement in golden temple raid Empty Re: british involvement in golden temple raid

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:57 pm

isnt it strange that this declassification of british material is taking place just before an indian election? one wonders whether this is an attempt to manipulate the indian electoral process. meanwhile:

Lt Gen K S Brar, who headed the 1984 military operation, said he was not aware of any such British involvement. "As far as I am concerned, Operation Blue Star was planned and executed by Indian Army commanders. There was no involvement of anyone from the British government," he told a TV channel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:05 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:shameful if true. another reason to dislike IG. i had such a different and naive view of her as a child. the first time i woke up to the facts as they were was when i read midnight's children.

What is shameful about it? That Britain provided planning support or that India could not mange it on its own? The MP speaking in the program is worried about his votes from his Sikh voters, many of whom are supporters of Khalistan. This is no different than politicians in California routinely raising the 'Armenian genocide' issue to garner votes from their large number of Armenian constituents.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:36 pm

BTW, are you planning to ask "your" government to thoroughly investigate the systematic killings (maybe not amounting to genocide) of an ethnic minority inside a country by the country's own govt carried out by the  Indian Government when they occupied Punjab as detailed in the link in the BBC article?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-25733823

http://stopdeportations.wordpress.com/2014/01/13/revealed-sas-advised-1984-amritsar-raid/
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Hellsangel wrote:BTW, are you planning to ask "your" government to thoroughly investigate the systematic killings (maybe not amounting to genocide) of an ethnic minority inside a country by the country's own govt carried out by the  Indian Government when they occupied Punjab as detailed in the link in the BBC article?

http://stopdeportations.wordpress.com/2014/01/13/revealed-sas-advised-1984-amritsar-raid/

no i am not. whatever the sins of the indian govt may have been in the past, the evidence that we have suggests that sikhs are by and large not a disenfranchised people today in india. the best evidence is that they have been heads of state, heads of defense establishments, and academic institutions. this is also corroborated by my own personal interactions with them in many spheres of life in india.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:13 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:BTW, are you planning to ask "your" government to thoroughly investigate the systematic killings (maybe not amounting to genocide) of an ethnic minority inside a country by the country's own govt carried out by the  Indian Government when they occupied Punjab as detailed in the link in the BBC article?

no i am not. whatever the sins of the indian govt may have been in the past, the evidence that we have suggests that sikhs are by and large not a disenfranchised people today in india. the best evidence is that they have been heads of state, heads of defense establishments, and academic institutions.  this is also corroborated by my own personal interactions with them in many spheres of life in india.

Very magnanimous of you considering 1984 was 3 decades back. The LTTE was just wiped out. Maybe you should wait.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:30 pm

There are people here who say I am concerned only about Tamils.

I have consistently supported Sikhs in their quest for freedom'

I have consistently supported Nagas in their quest for freedom'

I have consistently supported Kurds in their quest for freedom'

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:32 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:There are people here who say I am concerned only about Tamils.

I have consistently supported Sikhs in their quest for freedom'

I have consistently supported Nagas in their quest for freedom'

I have consistently supported Kurds in their quest for freedom'

in other words you are opposed to synthesis in the context of political unity and integrity of a state.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Before responding my post, why have ypu not yet respoinded to my request to you tom post your thoughts on Buddhist-Muslim synthesis?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:53 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Before responding my post, why have ypu not yet respoinded to my request to you tom post your thoughts on Buddhist-Muslim synthesis?

because there is no synthesis taking place in the example you give. two groups coming together against another group does not constitute synthesis. synthesis would have taken place if all three groups would have come together and lived in peace and harmony.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 pm

Rashmun wrote:isnt it strange that this declassification of british material is taking place just before an indian election? one wonders whether this is an attempt to manipulate the indian electoral process. meanwhile:

Lt Gen K S Brar, who headed the 1984 military operation, said he was not aware of any such British involvement. "As far as I am concerned, Operation Blue Star was planned and executed by Indian Army commanders. There was no involvement of anyone from the British government," he told a TV channel.

>>>I can see approaching them with respect to UK- based anti-(indian) governmental activity to the extent it existed. Asking for planning help from this also- ran power in the 1980's seems out of place.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Kris wrote:
Rashmun wrote:isnt it strange that this declassification of british material is taking place just before an indian election? one wonders whether this is an attempt to manipulate the indian electoral process. meanwhile:

>>>I can see approaching them with respect to UK- based anti-(indian) governmental activity to the extent it existed. Asking for planning help from this also- ran power in the 1980's seems out of place.

The SAS and the SBS are well trained for situations like this. Even though I can see them being consulted, I think this is more of local politics for an MP with a large number of pro Khalistan Sikh constituents.

PS: His constituentcy is next to Birmingham. That would explain the high number of Sikhs.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Kris wrote:

The SAS and the SBS are well trained for situations like this. Even though I can see them being consulted, I think this is more of local politics for an MP with a large number of pro Khalistan Sikh constituents.

PS: His constituentcy is next to Birmingham. That would explain the high number of Sikhs.
>>> Yep- looks like some local politics-driven scenario.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:56 am

What should "your" government do?

Sikh rights group wants Sonia Gandhi to depose before US court - The Times of India
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Sikh-rights-group-wants-Sonia-Gandhi-to-depose-before-US-court/articleshow/29349789.cms
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down