Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recently watched

2 posters

Go down

recently watched Empty recently watched

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:38 am

khuda kay liye. liked it in parts, but there is some labored acting especially by the older brother and the woman who plays the american girl. naseeruddin shah's cameo was very nice, but the high falutin urdu went mostly over my head. i got the gist of his courtroom speech which contains most of the message in the speech i think. din mein daadi hai, daadi mein din nahin.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

recently watched Empty Re: recently watched

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:15 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:khuda kay liye. liked it in parts, but there is some labored acting especially by the older brother and the woman who plays the american girl. naseeruddin shah's cameo was very nice, but the high falutin urdu went mostly over my head. i got the gist of his courtroom speech which contains most of the message in the speech i think. din mein daadi hai, daadi mein din nahin.
Does that translate to "There is grandmother in the day. Not day in the grandmother"?

The same director made Waar, BTW.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:18 am

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:khuda kay liye. liked it in parts, but there is some labored acting especially by the older brother and the woman who plays the american girl. naseeruddin shah's cameo was very nice, but the high falutin urdu went mostly over my head. i got the gist of his courtroom speech which contains most of the message in the speech i think. din mein daadi hai, daadi mein din nahin.
Does that translate to "There is grandmother in the day. Not day in the  grandmother"?

The same director made Waar, BTW.

no there is beard in religion, not religion in the beard. dIn or deen if you prefer not din.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down